Mount Apikuni No one 'round here's good at keeping their eyes closed.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
I'm going to go ahead and start the next round. New posting order. Anyone that didn't reply to the first round is still welcome to jump in at any time! :)

As Kavik sat down, he was, unfortunately, close enough to hear Thorleif's ridiculous ramblings. He gave a heavy sigh and shook his head. He was too tired to give the irritating male any of his attention, so he turned away from him to ignore him.

His irritation was soon forgotten with the soft nudge from his mate. He gave her a strained smile before nuzzling her. I'm fine, he said with a bow of his head. I just need to rest for a little bit. It was mostly the truth. His usual worries plagued his mind as always, but he tried to keep them to himself, not wanting to burden Liri anymore than she already was. I'm good here if you want to go check on everyone else, Kavik added a moment later. It was what she usually did anytime they stopped to rest, and he knew she wouldn't rest herself until she was sure no one needed anything. 

When Illidan's harsh remark hit his ears, Kavik turned to him and took in his distressed posture. He gave the boy a soft nudge with his nose to soothe his frustration and whispered low enough for only Illidan to hear, Just ignore him. That's what I do, and gave him a one-sided smile. He understood his frustration with Thorleif, as he constantly felt the same way. Yelling at the idiot wouldn't help anything, though, and Kavik had found that the most effective way to deal with him was just to disregard anything he said; it was never of any importance, nor was it ever constructive.  

Kavik moved his green gaze over the group as they settled down to rest. He also kept an eye on his mate as she made her rounds, making sure he always knew where she was. The scent of stranger made him whip his head in the direction it came from. Kavik quickly got to his feet, and when the unknown female made herself known, Kavik moved to put himself between her and the rest of the group. Her body language did not seem friendly, and he met it with a flag of his tail as he stood tall in front of her, clearly stating that she shouldn't move any closer. His emerald gaze studied the dark wolf before he finally spoke. Why are you here? Kavik asked sternly. Either the women needed help, or she wanted to cause trouble. He couldn't think of any other reason why a lone wolf would walk into an area where a large group of wolves had settled. Whatever her reasons were for waltzing up to him and his group, he wanted to get them out in the open so he could act accordingly.
I'm no good without you
Messages In This Thread
RE: No one 'round here's good at keeping their eyes closed. - by RIP Kavik - July 26, 2018, 01:11 AM