Cedar Sweep i’m not ready
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
All Welcome 

right when they arrived here, issun had started to mark borders. one could say they were very sloppy and inconsistent, but he didn’t care about it for now. he’d worry about the fine tuning later.

the warrior continued his work as soon as he woke up. he left his scent on every tree and bush he came a cross. there was a clear message he wanted to send out: this is our turf now motherfuckers!

common | japanese
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Do you want to use a tabletop method or no?

Embry had been travelling for many days since his departure from the wintery taiga and, further still, the Sunspire Mountains. His body was lean, albeit battered, by the slim meals provided the lone wolf's journey. In the stillness of the cedar, his golden form slunk at a monotonous pace.

He picked up a hostile scent only seconds following his entrance within Cedar Sweep: a hash, tangy, volatile smell that set his nostrils flaring. Immediately, his posture grew stiff; tail swaying ominously.
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares
yes please!

he saw him before he smelled him. a sandy brown male among the trees. the stranger appeared wary and stiff, rightfully so. issun approached with his head and tail held high. the gesture wasn’t aggressive, but defensive nonetheless.

what are you doing here?” he asked in a stern tone. issun refrained from violence for now. maybe this guy was looking to join, but he’d like to believe he was smart enough to stay by the borders. granted, they were sloppily placed, but they were still there.

common | japanese
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Gotcha setup here :)

Upon first sight of the Kamiki male, he reminded Embry of a living block of charcoal. Speckles of dust peppered his undersides like sparks flinting from the animated amorphous carbon. He was large; powerful. One facing the other, it was clear that should any conflict arise, it would be a tumultuous affair to say the least.

Himself, Embry had hefty boots to fill. His paws, from a young age, had provided the cumbersome foundations for his future (and still developing) stature. From a distance, an observant creature might even mistake the boy for a small bear. His honey-golden derivation of goldenmute and wolf was interwoven with deep, wild strands of tawny and brown ochres. A creamy froth completed the tips of tail, ear, and muzzle to complete the grande macchiato that was Embry.

"If you want the truth, I'm studying the cedars." He allowed a glimmer of his juvenile pair of years to defy his formerly stolid composition. "If you want the honest truth, I'm studying the prey." His oceanic orbs ran the background tasks; probing this newcomer with a semi-amiable facade as his mind audited the important details. 
ϟ
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

he wasn’t here to join, no, he was here for prey. that already set off alarms and the way he carried himself made them louder. his lips lifted slightly to reveal a set of glinting teeth and growled. “get out.

without much of a warning he launched himself towards the intruder’s face. he hoped to get a hit on the snout, just enough to make this guy rethink his decisions.

common | japanese
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
     Embry was surprised at the male's swift, transmogrified sentiment. In a span of mere seconds, the newcomer morphed into a ferocious beast before his very eyes. Growling, the honey-golden youth thrusted his face away from the gnashing, pearly-white fangs of his oppressor.

He had to admit - as much as he would have liked to play the smart card and hightail the hell out of there, he was intrigued by Issun's bold tactics. Maybe he could learn some new tricks, eh?

His stubborn, impartial nature forced his body into an instinctively defensive posture. He pivoted much like that of a frightened, albeit entertained (and grinning), cat. And then, as though his contumacious mind was not yet satisfied, he summoned the most asinine words he could find (hoping, no doubt, to cause a scene per the typical Embry):

"Make me, why don't ya?"
ϟ
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

he got a loose hold of the stranger before he yanked away. issun swiftly took a few steps back to avoid a possible attack. but his opponent stood his ground and spouted mindless words.

issun wasted no time with his next move. he charged headfirst at the intruder to attempt to knock him off his feet.

common | japanese
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry staggered at the force of impact; his flanks shuddering as the brute barreled full-force against his frame. The breath knocked the final dregs of air from his lungs. Embry gasped for the lost air as he forced his claws hard into the earth; fighting for his balance as he skid in retaliation. 

Growling, he bared his fangs and thrusted forward his snapping jaws; punching mighty white fangs at the intended target of his opponent's awaiting flesh.
ϟ
インク
638 Posts
Ooc — ares

the impact knocked the wind out of the opponent. issun shook his head and charged again, hoping embry would still be out of it. but he was met with sharp fangs to the snout. issun winced and pried away from his grasp. blood trickled down his muzzle, but there was no time to worry about it. the warrior ran to his backside and dove to try to grab his heel.

common | japanese
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
     Embry growled as the opponent dove for his heel, weaving out of the way in a rather fish-like flurry of his luminous tail. He sidestepped the action in fluid, coordinated junctions of motion; pivoting so that he now faced the opponent's open flank. Targeting the precious opportunity, he dove into the tackle in hopes of catching the male offguard amidst his former attempt at contact.
ϟ