Heron Lake Plateau I think I'm done
They Left Me Standing Unbroken
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
All Welcome 
All Welcome! :D

The beast of a man made his way through the wetlands, the soggy fur around his now-not-so-white-anymore paws a problem of the past. It seemed that wherever he went, the wetness always found him. Or he found the wetness, at least. A squirrel's bloody carcass hung from his massive jaws where it almost looked small. The thought of sharing it made him grow uneasy, but then again they were with so many. They weren't starving as far as he knew. This squirrel was all his.

He plopped his tank of a body down on the ground where he impatiently started to rip the critter apart, amazingly blue eyes focused on a distant tree as he "nommed" his belly full.
Dance Under The Ladder
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee never had much to do with Ben—hell, she usually forgot he was around, hanging out in the background—but when she came across him munching a squirrel, she stopped and studied him for a moment. He was perhaps one of the longest-standing members of the pack, yet she hardly knew him. She couldn't recall why she'd avoided him so long; perhaps because she associated him with that bitch, Ivy? In any case, his longevity alone was worth her respect. Perhaps the Beta should make an effort to close the gap.

Pacing forward, Towhee barked to announce her presence and strode until she stood over the repasting wolf. "Hey Ben," she greeted casually, "I was thinking of going for a swim in the lake and I've always heard it's best to use the buddy system. Want to come with? After you're done eating, of course."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The Rochester didn't know why he had stuck around for so long. His family was gone, he had no friends and he felt unwelcome wherever he went on his small trips outside the Redhawk borders. The pack was the only thing consistent in his life at that moment. The only thing he could trust to stick with him for as long as he chose it to be his home.

When their Beta, Towhee, asked for his attention by approaching him he solemnly stopped his assault on the small critter and perked his ears with the silent hope she was just passing by and not actually interesting in spending time with him. Good afternoon. He greeted in kind with a respectful nod of his muzzle, enormous paws still wrapped around his kill.

His hopes were not met, unfortunately. He grinned then, another nod indicating he was totally in for a swim even though he really wasn't. I'd hate to have you drown on us. He added jokingly, lifting his form off the wet ground seemingly effortlessly. The squirrel was as good as gone already anyway and so he motioned for her to lead the way.
Dance Under The Ladder
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
There was something odd about the way he spoke. Obviously, Towhee couldn't pick up inflections or tone, though it was his phrasing that struck her as peculiar. Her head tilted slightly. Maybe this was why she never spent time around him. But that was extremely petty.

"That's kind of the point," she rejoined, backing up a step as he rose. When he appeared ready to come along, she began striding toward the shore, adding as she did, "I actually swim alone all the time when I'm commuting to and from The Roost, so you don't have to worry about rescuing me. It was just an excuse to spend some time with you."

With a blink and a shrug, she continued leading him toward the edge of Heron Lake, pausing beside the water. She reached out a foreleg and dipped in her toes, then looked up at Ben. "Temp's pretty comfortable. You much of a swimmer?"
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Benjamin wouldn't be offended if someone didn't want to spent time with him. He was an eccentric type, better left to his own devices. He didn't even want to spend time with himself. He mentally sighed; Towhee was fine, he had decided, as long as the whole pack wouldn't join in on the fun. They made him nervous.

He trotted steadily behind her smaller frame, the tiniest of smiles upon his darkened muzzle. How kind. He commented. He hoped she didn't actually like him, otherwise these strange social interactions would become the new norm. Being social had never quite been his thing, besides spending time with his family. But where the hell were they now?

He had liked the caldera more if he was being honest. This place was too much like home. He could almost see his siblings stumble about here, growing into their large ears and enormous feet. Was this a good topic to bring up? Probably not, men had to toughen up a bit. Can't say I can't swim, but it's not something I do for fun if that's what you mean. He answered with a shrug. I don't really do anything for fun. He added, looking away at this self-realization, dipping his own paw into the water.
Dance Under The Ladder
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He really was peculiar, Towhee concluded as Ben expressed his sentiments about swimming. At first, she had felt slightly annoyed by his high speech but she realized his weirdness was starting to grow on her. Plus, she could tell that he wasn't particularly enjoying himself and the idea of inflicting her company upon him sort of amused her.

Her orange eyes followed the movement as he dipped his paw in the water. She wondered if Ben thought he was too good for things like swimming and socializing. Although that could've been a point against him, it simply drove Towhee to do what she did next: she suddenly sprang at him, intending to playfully tackle him into the shallows.

106 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Towhee hadn't been lying; the water temperature was nice and refreshing yet not so cold it could make your heart stop beating. It was summer already, after all, it only made sense the water wasn't cold anymore. But he was an adult now, like it or not, and swimming was something he found rather childish. Spending hours in a liquid they were not able to breath in, trying their hardest not to drown? Did that sound fun?

He didn't have time to express his judgement on it, for the moment he wanted to do so the floor gave way under him, or so it seemed, and he fell in the water he had just been examining. His massive butt landed first, and when the giant could not find his balance he flopped onto his side. When the world stopped spinning, for a giant wasn't very used to being tumbled over, he looked at Towhee; not angry or bitter, but more surprised.

Then, he smashed one of his big paws into the water to splash it toward her, a small chuckle escaping him as he did so. If not held back or sprung up on again, he would try to stand up again.
Dance Under The Ladder
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It could have gone very poorly, with Ben reacting much more negatively to Towhee's attempt at play. Luckily for her, he seemed a bit taken aback for all of a second before swiping a lion-sized paw in the water and directing a splash her way. She didn't move, taking the wave of water directly to the face and letting it drip down right over her wolfish grin, gleaming fangs and all.

"Having fun yet?" she teased, moving her heels in such a way to create little whirlpools beside Ben's prone form. "Soaking wet is a good luck on you, brah."