Silvertip Mountain but all that lives is born to die
303 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 
tagging relevant wolves in this. all other MOS wolves are free to join, though some should have stayed behind to guard the territory/look after the mothers. @Dawn @Sunny @Eventide @River @Kasatka (pretty sure the Graytori pups are old enough to at least travel w adults if they want to go).

The pack hunt had done well to lift their spirits and fill their bellies, and Shale used that momentum to accomplish a task left too far overdue. With the birth of his pups and the worry surrounding food, he had neglected to bring some of his brother's bones to the mountain they'd visited for a burial once before. He'd seen in Grayday's eyes that the crag was special to him, and Shale had vowed then that he would intern part of Day there, too, when the time came.

The time came too soon, and Shale found himself at the foot of the mountain once more, not so long after he'd been here the last time. The body had been picked away, only bones and tendons, decaying skin remaining, and he'd taken a strong bone, one that showed off his brother's inner strength. The rest would be buried on the plains; Aditya had wished them a fond, tearful farewell, then began to dig, preparing a hole for the body.

The journey didn't take too terribly long, physically, but his heart throbbed with each step, the pain of Grayday's death feeling like a fresh wound once more. Shale felt like he was being torn in two as he set the bone down next to the aged pile of remains Grayday had left here, swallowing thickly. He raised his head to look at faithful Sylvas, loyal to his brother to the end, and smiled, grateful for his help.

"Rest easy, Day," Shale said, choked. "No one could ask for a better brother than you. Now you're free, without pain. I'll see you on the other side." He dipped his muzzle, eyes squeezed shut against the ache in his chest. All he wanted to do now was to get home, see his kids.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
For the duration of the journey Sunny was silent, his face an unreadable mask. The only way you knew he was hurting was the drooping of his tails and the shivering of his breath. He had followed the group to bury dad without hesitation but he was regretting it ever so slightly as the pain was renewed. This was the final chapter to the part of his story where dad was involved. 

As his dad's bones were set down, Sunny released a long sigh a mournful whine leaving his maw. He stepped forward and touched his nose to the bone, sides quivering as he tried to swallow his grief. Then he remembered what Wraen had said, that it was better to drown in his grief. The memory broke him and he cried, not loud and dramatic but semi silent sobs that shook his body a few times before he sucked in a breath and stood up. "Goodbye dad. I'll do better and make you proud, I promise. I'll have little babies running around next year too" he murmured softly and then stepped away so that anyone else who wanted to say goodbye could.
Birdcatcher: 4/10