Dawnlark Plains All in the family
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
All Welcome 
Perhaps @Loir? ^_^

Ever since he had learnedto fish he had spent a lot of time at the stream. Today he wasn't fishing though, it was hot and he was panting and so he decided to find a spot deep enough to swim in. He waded around and rolled beneath around until his fur was soaked and plastered against his frame, proving that the largeness was actually not the fluffiness of his fur but muscle and bulk of body. Slowly he climbed out of the water and didn't bother to shake, he wanted to stay wet as long as possible to stay cool whenever the breeze blew.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
xD Loir's here!

Loir had recently got back from a small hunt after catching a squirrel she had nearly lost, but the Joiner had eventually managed to kill it and stored it in the caché. Now, she had wanted to perhaps make some friends and get to know others within the pack. Loir was new, after all. Spotting one wolf nearby, she happily trotted over. Oh, hello! She greeted. My name's Loir. I was recently accepted into Morningside. Loir then looked around in curiosity, and an idea popped into her head. Maybe she could help out this wolf with anything?

Do you need help with perhaps catching any prey? I can grab some prey for you. Loir offered, some hopefulness in her voice.

TAGS: @Sunny
[Image: gamekeeper_master.gif]
HUNTER TRADE: 1/5 threads
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Just as he'd climbed out a female approached, calling out in a cheery tone. He hadn't seen her before and tensed up before she stated her name and that she was a newbie. Then he relaxed and broke out into the happiest grin he'd made since Aliac became his mate. "Hiya Loir! Welcome to Morningside. I'm Sunny." he introduced and came in closer to her, tail wagging slowly. When she offered to catch him prey his stomach rumbled embarrasingly loud and his ears flicked back but his smile softened "No, not for me but...If you want you can help by hunting as much as possible. There's a big food shortage and we have two nursing mothers with litters of pups to feed who really need the food. Catch them some food, bring it to me and I'll take it there" he said his voice filled with relief and gratitude. It probably wasn't enough that just one adult had joined but within the next few months, Eventide would probably be able begin to hunt under someone's mentoring. For now him,Dawn, Shale, Aditya, Aliac and Sebastian should be able to help out and Loir would help too.

An idea struck him and he sat down, wagging slowly "If You're interested, take a break and I can tell you the history of Morningside?" he offered. He wanted it to be known and remembered that his dad had been the one to found Morningside.

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir offered a smile at Sunny's welcome, and how he seemed so energetic. Honestly, it made the Joiner happy as well! She nodded as she took in the information the Comrade offered as he talked about the mothers nursing and how food was needed. Sure! Loir responded. After all, I'm very energetic about hunting. I was taught it at a young age. In her opinion, her pack's lives mattered, and she'd even starve herself for them if she had to.

They needed food? She'd get them food.

When Sunny had offered to give her some information about Morningside, Loir smiled brightly. Sounds like a good idea! She said, nodding. She had been told about the packs by her parents, but they only had some knowledge, not all knowledge. Loir would maybe learn some things she was never told about Morningside! She then smelled the air and decided to go sniffing around for some prey. Loir wanted to get started on hunting some food now, she didn't want the 2 mothers with their offspring to go starving.
---
As Loir headed along the trail of prey, the smell of squirrel became strong. Spotting 3 squirrels nearby, Loir licked her chops and began stalking one of the squirrels, pouncing on it and giving the killing bite. She had done the same to the remaining squirrels, leaving a small pile of them. Summer was here, so prey would hopefully be abundant in Teekon Wilds. Loir scooped up the squirrels in her mouth, leaving them all dangling from her maw. She then followed her scent back to where she had originally went with Sunny, and then placed down the dead squirrels. I caught three squirrels! Loir said, smiling. She licked the blood off of her mouth, trying to ignore the delicious blood-taste.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny felt a surge of excitement when she accepted his offer for the tale of Morningside and opened his mouth to begin speaking when she suddenly dashed away. He chuckled and remained there, sliding onto his belly and placing his chin across his forelegs with a small sigh. After a while Loir came rushing back with three squirrels and Sunny's jaw dropped open with shock "Shit...." he whispered and jumped up his tail wagged quickly to and fro with excitement. "Good job!" he said with a grin, eyes gleaming with happiness. Finally he could bring Pema and Aviana a really good meal that would fill them up. "I'll tell them who caught their meals. Now..ill tell you how we got started" he said and sat back down, patting the ground with a paw for her to do the same.

"Grayday Morningside was originally from Easthollow, a pack below the mountains. He had two pups, Sunny and Dawn. His mate had disappeared and abandoned them after a fight, never coming back and slowly he got restless. So when his pups were old enough he took them away and began to accumulate a following of loners. Together they all formed a group in a land called Blacktail deer plateau where they lived happily, a new pack called Morningside. Grayday lead the pack with Selfessness, courage, dedication an energy. Everyone inside was treated like family. That has always been the Morningside way. Grayday...my dad passed away recently. My sister Dawn took over alongside Aditya and Pema who is one of our nursing mothers." he told the history in the form of a story, his eyes sparkling as inside his mind memories both good and bad flashed like a movie. He finished with the recent news and the information on the new leaders, waiting to see her response.

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir smiled at Sunny's praise, and then sat down once the Comrade had patted his paw down on the ground, Loir listening to the story with her black ears pricked. She had heard the wolf's name was Sunny, and apparently his father was the founder and first leader of Morningside. This story was very interesting, and Loir had discovered some of the parts Sunny explained had been left out of the explanation Loir's parents had provided. Woah! Loir exclaimed in amazement. That's very interesting! My parents had some knowledge about the packs and told me about them, so I have some pack knowledge, but woah, apparently they left out some parts of Morningside! 

This was getting interesting.

Loir then decided to maybe share her story. My family were just plain loners, but again, they had pack knowledge and taught me how to hunt once I reached a year old. My brother and sister were bullies, but they warmed up to me during their...final moments. One day before I became a lone wolf, not too long after I became three years old, I returned from a hunt only to find my whole family slaughtered and...dead. She explained. When she had gotten to the last parts, sadness was visible in her voice.

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny was curious about how lone wolves managed to gain knowledge on packs. He assumed some over friendly pack wolves probably fed them information not realising it could be a bad thing. He wanted to ask about it, how they knew everything but then she went on to explain that they were dead and his gaze went sad. "Aw hell...Im sorry Loir. I know what it's like to lose loved ones. My mom abandoned me, Dawn and Dad when we were pups. I had a first love..her name was Keoni and she died a while back. The woman who helped raise me up and left...just abandoned me. Then dad died. " he trailed off slowly realising he had lost a lot more then he ever realised.

Slowly he brightened and he gave her a warm smile, tail wagging "But you see...I have family here too now. I have Dawn, Catori and my half siblings. I have a mate now, Aliac. And even better? Everyone in Morningside is kind family in a way. Even you now. So you have us too" he tried to be comforting and make her feel welcome but wasn't sure if he was going overboard.

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Loir watched as Sunny's expression turned to solemn when she had explained how her family had been killed, and she let out a sad sigh as Sunny had apologized about Loir's loss. Loir then listened as the Comrade shared his story, how he had been through losses as well. She could feel her spirits rising as then Sunny's expression then changed to happy, how he had a mate named Aliac, the name was familiar, and how he considered most of Morningside family, including Loir herself. Loir offered the male a smile. 

"Yea, it's a great thing when you have family and others looking out for you." Loir said, smiling. "It makes me really happy, especially to realize I'm not the only one who's went through a loss."

1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny returned Loir's smile with ease, approving of her as a member of Easthollow already. When she finished speaking he nodded "honestly....Loss is just a part of life. I honestly think everyone experiences at least one major loss in their lives." he said. He didn't know anyone who hadn't lost something or someone dear to them.

The Curious Sweetheart
89 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
We can stop here if you want.

Loir nodded in agreement to what Sunny had said. Loss was part of life, and you couldn't escape it. Sadly, things like that had to happen, right? There was no way you could avoid it. "Yea, it can happen. You can't escape loss." Loir said, looking down. "Well, I'm going out on a hunt now to get some food, perhaps we could end up bumping into each other again some time?" Loir wondered if there would be a time she would come across Sunny again.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny gave a sad nod and stood up, preparing to head off and hunt himself. His fur had almost dried again at this point so he would take another dip in the stream before leaving. "You're a Morningsider now Loir, of course we'll run into each other again" he said with a warm laugh. He nodded farewell and was about to head off back to the stream before he paused and looked at her over his shoulder  "Thanks for joining. We needed another good hunter" he said with a smile and then walked to the stream and waded in.