Whitewater Gorge plunge into the sea, the sun, an old city
deep in your bones, in your bones, in your bones
33 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
All Welcome 

Atlantis spent a few days near the carcass the cougar felled for him. His belly has been full for several days, and then some. The weight he’s lost since leaving home isn’t going to be regained so soon but he feels a little better, his body properly getting the nutrients it needs to thrive. He’s got a while to go before he really needs anything and when he’s satisfied with his work, he leaves the rest to the birds.

Accidentally, he nears to Moonspear and he lingers only a moment, considering staying. It doesn’t win and he decides to leave, letting a low howl in greeting to @Hydra should she be near. And then he was gone.

He puts a considerable distance between himself and the large mountain, committing to his mission to see what the world has to offer. A old, tired story of a wolf but it’s all he has to his name these days but at least he doesn’t carry hunger any longer.

As the gorge opens comes to view, interrupting his path, he pauses in thought. Not having any particular place to be makes these decisions a little more complicated. Any way he goes offer different opportunities, or maybe danger? Without a decision made, he looks toward the sky briefly and scents the air before settling his rump on the ground. Instead of an answer for his direction, he chooses to rest.
bone, blood, villain
starving, starving
2/3 threads
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Fresh deer tracks in the Hoshor plains had caught Wraen's attention and she had set out to follow them along the river up from the point, where it entered the Greatwater lake. The animals had passed one or two hours earlier, leaving several footprints in the soft mud by the riverbank, where they had stopped to have a drink, and then, where their path had led through the meadows. 

By the time she had reached the gorge, she spotted a small herd, consisting of cows grazing the grass and the young calves either prancing around or resting on the ground. She sat down to watch them for a long time, taking in account all the neccessary details and going through the options that were available for the Sunspire wolves. With one or two companions they could do a little testing to see, if any of the herd members were falling behind. Alone - however - she was perfectly aware of her disadvantage both in mass and in numbers and did not dare to try that. 

With the plan forming in her mind, she turned towards the river, in order to see, if there was any passage that would lead her straight to the water. She had walked for a long time and she was thirsty. There she spotted another dwelling there already. She greeted him politely and walked past him within a polite distance to stop at the edge of the gorge and peer down. That would a be very long fall, if she attempted to take a shortcut and plunge.
33 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
Though his eyes are closed and he relaxes, his ears remain alert. Little sounds occasionally get a twitch but it’s not until footsteps are heard that causes them to angle back and listen. Slowly, he turns his head to see another approaching and he offers nothing other than a single nod of acknowledgment. He watches as she keeps going and perhaps with curiosity looks over the edge of the gorge to an assured deadly drop.

Aqua gaze remains on the stranger, his own curiosity growing to see what her purpose is as she becomes less of a threat and more of his background existing around him.
bone, blood, villain
starving, starving
2/3 threads
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Upon a closer inspection Wraen did notice that there were a narrow path leading down to the waters below and that by being careful and agile, one could do a climb. And yet... looking down made her feel somewhat dizzy, therefore she retreated from the ledge to the saftey of horizontal and solid ground.

And sighed. Then looked over her shoulder at the man lying a short distance away. "Have you tried walking down there? Is it safe or even possible?" she asked.
33 Posts
Ooc — Cruz
A brow quirks upward when he hears a sign, turning his gaze back toward her as she observes over the gorge, then turning back to him for information. He licks his lips and looks down the length of the cliff and shaking his head. “I haven’t been here very long,” he confesses, pulling his signature gaze back toward his newest companion. “Didn’t even try going down. I don’t suggest it,” he tells her with a sight grin but he doesn’t make any effort to get up and help investigate with her.
bone, blood, villain
starving, starving
2/3 threads
Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"Then I won't attempt it. Can't have my corpse flowing down the river and no one to go back home and tell the family of what had happened," Wraen mused with a morbid humour. "Anyway - if you are not from here, then, where did the winds blew you from? I do not meet strangers here often," she said and the latter part was a half-truth, because around 50% of time strangers were the people, who happened to cross her path.

After a bit of small talk they each set on their way. 

Since you expressed a wish to shelf Atlantis for time being and I have not been able to fulfill my promise and spree this to the end, then I think this is for the better.