Duskfire Glacier But we both know that won't be enough
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Private 

The sun ragged above his head as he stood on the edge of their territory staring out down at the land they had claimed, high above the sky on the mountain top the grasped the edge of their home. His olive gaze surveyed the land he could now claim as his own, and the land that would protect his family. Yes, this was his home, and he loved it for the reason. But his paws itched for a moment, just one, where he could be himself once more. Where he could spread his wings and be as carefree as he once was.

He knew that his family needed him, and he would never leave them. But just once more, he wished to travel the land and know that his family was safe waiting for him once more. Just as he had done once, in Aningan and then again in Blackfeather. To roam the strange lands and meet knew people. Was it possible? To live like that once more? Troubled he shook his head, and continued his vigil.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki was headed to the top of the mountain, like she had been doing almost everyday since getting settled here. It was quickly becoming her favorite spot; she had yet to see many other visitors and it gave her a good view of their territory. As she made her way up, her footing sure on the rock-strewn ground, she picked up Sia's scent; the trail was recent and she knew if she kept making her way farther towards the summit, she would find him somewhere along the way. His company was one she never minded, nor was the company of any of her family. 

She found her brother looking out over their lands, and with a chuff, she walked to stand beside him. Brother, she greeted with a touch of her head to his cheek. How are you? she asked as she moved her gaze across the lands below. They had both been busy lately and hadn't had any non-pack-business conversations, and she wanted to make sure he was settling in okay.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The swaying tree bellow lulled Sia, he surveyed the land at his feet. He couldn't prevent the pride that came from his soul, he almost couldn't believe everything his family had accomplished. Siarut never once considered himself in the grand occasion, it just wasn't his way. No. His family had done this, his family had pushed hard enough and they had succeeded in finding a place to settle. He was still unsure how he had gain the position of First, it was a mystery to him. He often thought of handing the position to Shivali or Takiyok, they were the more obvious choice in his mind. 

Speak of the devil and they shall appear, he thought as his youngest sister arrived. Startling him from his scanning of the territory. "Sister." He gave her his patented family smile, the grin he saved for only sister. Even his nieces and nephews had yet to see it. "I am good. How are you?" She was in a different position than himself, father had not relied as heavily on her as he had on Siarut. 

Suddenly Siarut realized that she had become him, she was filling the shoes that Sia had used for three years now. For three years Sia had served their father as the Malguk, except he had never been titled as such. Rather their father had used Sia to preform the duties of a Second simply because he had been his son. With this realization, Siarut looked more closely at his sister to see if she was overwhelmed with the position. "Are you managing well?" He couldn't do this without her, and didn't know what he would do if she ever relinquished her title.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She couldn't help but return his smile; like him, her family members were the only ones to elicit that expression from her. I'm fine. Adjusting to pack life again. Lately it seems I've been traveling to one place or another, and it's different not being on the move anymore...good different, she answered with a half smile. She knew she there would be other scouting missions; she needed them to feel whole, but she had also liked waking up in their territory every morning since arriving here. 

As for being one of the leaders, she said, briefly hesitating before continuing, It's taking some getting used to, Taki finished with a shrug. She was trying her best to not let Sia down, but she couldn't quite shake the feeling that it would happen eventually. After all, she had devoted herself to their father and had ended up letting him down in the end, at least to some extent. She knew logically that he was in the wrong, but damnit if her mind didn't sneak in the occasional thought that maybe it was partially her fault, too. She often told herself that the thoughts were ridiculous, but they still created a fear that she would make the same mistake with her brother and end up losing everything again.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The man continued his vigil over their land as he thought over his sister's statements. "Yes it does. I too have some stuff to get used to." Siarut continued to smile at his dear sister, glancing over his shoulder at her. Taking his gave off the landscape bellow. 

"You know. When you were born, mother had many issues." Siarut started. It was a story he had never told his sister, the whole reason why he had taught her everything he knew and the reason he trusted her so much. "The midwives tried to help, but they could do nothing." Siarut turned from his younger sister, looking down at the rocky eges bellow. "Mother had to fight for you life and the lives of you littermates." Siarut shook his head, "She fought so hard." A smile came to his face once more, "And you were born, alongside Tomkin." He had no desire to think of her other littermates Sadiq and Shila had no place in his heart, they seemed to have chosen their father. Even Tomkin seemed to have abandoned them many weeks ago. 

"You were so strong when you came into the world. Father used to say that you were his Golden Childe his saviour. But I knew different. You were my sister, and from the moment I saw you, I knew you would never and could never let me down." Siarut's gaze glistened with affection as he recounted the story of her birth. 

"You were about three weeks old when I finally was able to greet you properly. But even then so stop suckling and tried to make you way to me." Siarut grinned even broader, if that was possible, "You probably don't remember, but you came to me. And it was at that moment that I knew you were meant for greater things than our father could offer." Siarut wasn't sure why he said those things, in the past he had never thought to reveal his first encounter with his dearest sister.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki listened silently while Sia told her about the events surrounding her birth. It was a story she had never heard before from anyone. She knew their mother had some trouble giving birth to her and her siblings, but that was all she knew about the situation. She was surprised to hear her brother speak of it now, but was happy to know that she was stubborn even as a newborn. The mention of their father, as usual, caused her to tense. If he thought of her that way, then why had it been so easy for the asshole to cast her aside? The thought caused a tightening in her chest, but she pushed the feeling away for now.

It became easy to forget the mention of father as Sia went on to explain that they had a bond even when Taki was just a newborn. And when he told her she could never let him down, she kept her gaze purposely on the territory below them. Shit Sia, she said with a hard swallow. Are you trying to see if I know how to cry? she asked teasingly. When she had collected herself, she looked at him and a little more seriously added, It means a lot that you have that much faith in me. She felt like she should say more, but that was all she could say. She would rather prove through her actions how much she valued his trust in her to help him lead this pack.

She didn't remember the memory he described, but she could picture it in her head as he retold the story. As far back as she could remember, Sia was always there for her, teaching her how to be strong and capable; that's where she felt she got her strength from. You'll be a good leader, she said with a small smile. If he watched over the pack as well as he had watched over her throughout her life, then she had no doubt they would thrive.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Of course he should have known that Tak would make a joke, be it did bring a smile. "I do wonder sometimes." He joked along with her, the Ateneq family weren't usually very emotional beings, but at this moment he knew Tak needed reassurance just as he did. They were very similar after all. He had been thinking of the past more often these days, trying to avoid the mistakes his father had made and learning from his own errors in judgment. 

"We'll see." The smile fell slightly. He had little faith in his own abilities, but he trusted the judgment of his sisters and could only try to live up to the faith they placed in him. 

"I'm leaving for a few days Tak." It was a sudden announcement, and he had no doubt that it would surprise his second. But it had to be one of them, and Siarut needed some time to himself to collect his thoughts.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki grinned at Sia's comment. Well, I probably learned it from you, she said with a playful, sideways glance in his direction. As a child, she had copied everything her older brother did, so she wouldn't be surprised if she actually did learn it from him.

It seemed her brother was plagued with self-doubt much like she was; it was probably their father's fault. Still, even if he didn't agree with her, she new Sia would rule the pack much better than their father ever had. Yes we will, she said resolutely, giving him small smile. 

When he announced he would be leaving for a few days, she drew her brows together in surprised concern. Where are you going? she asked. They hadn't been here for very long. What did he need to do that would take him away for a a few days?
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The concern was evident in her voice, and Siarut turned to look at her with an encouraging smile. "Don't worry, I won't be far. I just want to scout a few of the surrounding territories. Maybe look for a proper hunting ground, and make sure there isn't anything dangerous lurking in our backyard." The big brother, reached out to nose Takiyok, reassuring her. 

"I'll be gone one maybe two days." He gave a shrug, and looked back down to the territory that was theirs. "I think I'll take Nanook with me. Just in case." Green eyes peered back at Tak, gauging her reaction to the name. He desperatly wanted his family to get along with Nanook, and Uki. Fisher was fitting in nicely, however due to his idiocy Nanook had started on the wrong foot. "I trust her." He couldn't explain why, but he did. "Uki too, she'll help you if anything goes wrong." Of course there was Shivali, Tahani and Tomkin. But Siarut wanted his family to expand their circle of trust, if this was going to work they needed to get along with everyone in the pack.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki smiled at his reassurance. She couldn't blame him for wanting to scout the surrounding territories for danger. The scouting call was almost impossible to ignore; she knew that better than anyone. What she was more concerned about was being responsible for everyone while he was gone. It was something she would need to get used to as the second, but that would take time. She would do her best to keep things running while he was gone, though.

Despite her conversation with Nanook, she still tensed a little when he stated he was taking her with him. The event surrounding the first time they had all met the female was still somewhat fresh in her mind. Again, she wondered why he trusted the female so much. She looked at him, searching his face for a minute, How can you trust a stranger so easily? she asked, her tone not holding any malice, just a genuine need to understand. It was very hard for her to trust any of the new wolves, although she had really been trying to form some kind of rapport with them. 

As for Uki, she knew the female would be there if needed, but then, she felt like most of the pack would do the same. She wasn't concerned with her ability to keep everyone safe, she felt pretty capable, especially with the number of wolves that now called this place home. Her concern came more from a place of self-doubt, but it was something she would have to deal with. Sia couldn't be here all the time, nor was it fair to expect that of him, so she would just have to figure her shit out.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He took her smile as a good sign, Siarut knew she would be nervous, being left alone as a leader could bring doubtful thoughts forward. But the Atausiq knew his Malguk could handle pretty much anything that came their way. 

The green eyed man saw his sister muscle's tense, and he gave a small sigh. Refocusing on the land below. He let a pause stretch between them, thinking about a response that was appropriate. "Some people enter your life at the perfect moment." He kept his gaze away from her burnt orange ones, his voice was light as a feather, as he thought of his meeting with Nanook. "And sometimes if you are lucky, you find a familiar soul hidden among the strangest of people." He wasn't sure if she would understand, and quite frankly he didn't really understand his trust for the Apaata daughter. But sometimes in contrast he couldn't understand why he wouldn't trust her.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
His explanation didn't quite make sense to her pragmatic mind. She trusted those who had earned it from her. Period. She couldn't imagine herself putting her trust in another based on a feeling. I just...don't really understand that, she answered  shaking her head a little and she moved her gaze across the glacier below. She wanted to see where he was coming from, but it just seemed to against how she did things. But if you say you can trust her enough to bring her along on a scouting mission, then I'll trust your judgement, she added, with bow of her head. She guessed she had to give the female a chance to prove that her intentions were good, and this would be a good way for her to do it. Plus, Sia was more than capable of taking care of himself, even if his trust in Nanook ended up being misguided.
Inuttuk
Common

~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The wind picked up, whipping around the brother and sister duo. Sia's ears perked as the howling reached him. Turning his head to see his beloved sister, he smiled at her. "Maybe one day you will. I know you prefer actions. All I ask is that you watch." The patriarch gave a slight shrug, for all their similarities they were individuals. Siarut didn't trust everyone so willingly, but Nanook was different. 

"As I said, we will be gone for a day or two." Yet another shrug, he turned away from the edge of the cliff, heading back down to the land below. Seeking out his potential travelling partner. "Come on, let's  patroll together quickly before I leave." Siarut flicked his head, and waited for Takiyok to join him if she wished.

wrap up?
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sure thing!

His request was not a difficult one; she was always watching the actions of others to gauge what kind of wolf they were and whether or not they could be trusted, and she would definitely be watching Nanook closely from now on. Just because she was his younger sister and he was perfectly capable of taking care of himself, didn't mean she wouldn't always look out for him.

A day or two wouldn't be that bad. She could probably keep the place from burning down for that long. When he invited her on a patrol before he left, she got to her feet and padded to his side. You do your best to stay safe, and I promise I'll do my best to not scare anyone off in your absence, she teased as they began to make their way down the mountain to start their patrol of the land they now called home.
Inuttuk
Common