Stone Circle Glory and gore go hand in hand.
246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
Brynn made her way back inside the borders with @Greyback at her side. Her wounds were still bleeding some and had become a little more painful since the adrenaline had pretty much left her system at this point. Now that she was starting to calm back down, she started worrying about the wound on her face and the scar it would leave there. 

Stupid wolf, Brynn said with a sigh. Now I'm going to have a scar on my face, she added, a little dejected. She was never one to be very concerned with her looks, but a scar on her face would make her a little self-conscious. She accepted that scars were a part of life when you were set on protecting a territory; she just preferred it had not been anywhere else on her body.
: 0/10  : 2/5
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback walked alongside Brynn silently, his ears perked and attention strictly on her, the smell of blood heavier than it had been minutes before. Peering down out of the corner of his eye, the elder took in the sight of the scar on the young females face. It was deep, and bleeding heavily.

"Stupid wolf, now I'm going to have a scar on my face."

Greyback pinched his brows at the words, knowing that it hadn't been an insult towards him. He tongued the inside of his cheek as he thought of how to reply to Brynn. He could relate with how she felt, after all, when he had first got his scar he had only been a yearling. He didn't have anyone to confide in at the time, and spent many years thinking how ugly it was. Even now, as an elder, he still got weary about the subject.

"Stupid indeed." He chuckled. "That scar will be a reminder of how bravely you fought for our home," Lowering his head, he gave her a better view of his own as he continued "Scars are not injuries, Miss Brynn. A scar is a healing. After injury, a scar is what makes you whole,” He gave her a small wink before pulling his head back up and steadily walking closer to her so their flanks were touching. "You must be tired and hurting, let me help support you."

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn gave a shy smile at Greyback's words, but when he lowered his head to show her his scar, she winced. Here she was complaining about having a scar on her face to someone who had a scar on their face, and after he had been so helpful in breaking up her fight and scaring the stranger off. 

She had never thought about scars the way he had described them, but it made her feel a lot better. As her packmate came up beside her and offered his support, she gave a small sigh of relief; she hadn't even realized how tired she was until he said it. The fight had gone on longer than she had expected and had taken a lot out of her. 

She gave him an appreciative smile as she put some of her weight on him. Thanks, Greyback She said softly. And what I said before--when I was complaining about my future scar; I didn't mean to imply anything bad, she added apologetically. She felt bad that she had possibly made him feel self-conscious. Besides, your scar makes you look handsome and rugged, Brynn said with a wide grin. I can only hope mine will look that good. 

She didn't ask how he had gotten his scar because she didn't want to bring up any potentially painful memories attached to it. She was all too familiar with painful pasts, so she always tried to avoid asking prying questions.
Sometimes, I feel the fear of uncertainty stinging clear, and I can't help but ask myself how much I'll let the fear take the wheel and steer.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Thanks, Greyback.  And what I said before--when I was complaining about my future scar; I didn't mean to imply anything bad,"

Greyback continued to chuckle as she young shewolf rambled on and on, the sound bubbling in his throat and escaping his lips with a few breaths. His anxiety had already long left him when he saw the words helped her, and in his heart, he knew she meant no ill intentions. "It's quite alright, Miss Brynn. I assure you my feelings were not blighted in the least,"

"Besides, your scar makes you look handsome and rugged, I can only hope mine will look that good."

This time greyback really did laugh. The sound turned in his stomach and rolled in his lungs as he gave a hearty deep laugh into the wet afternoon air. It had been a long time since someone had called him handsome, it felt new, he liked it. "Handsome?" He repeated. The words rolled on his tongue as he spoke, testing it and breathing it as if it were some oath. "Kind words from such a lovely woman like yourself," He looked down at her "Are not to be taken lightly. Thank you." He continued to smile down at her.

It wasn't until a brief silent later when he saw a log that he stopped, hovering his shoulder slightly in front of her to urge her as well. The tree looked like it had slipped from the earth and fell onto the path. Grass crowned its sides and insects hovered. Raising a brow, he looked around the edges. "It seems the rain has uprooted it." Surely Brynn wouldn't jump over it, her wounds were sure to open if she tried. Looking down, he eyed her with a puzzle expression, wondering if it would help if he carried the woman.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn nodded, glad that her words hadn't hurt Greyback in any way. His deep laugh at her next words washed over her, and she couldn't help but smile at him. His reply made her blush a little. Oh, I don't know about all that, she said shrugging. But, you're very welcome Brynn added with a grin. She didn't really think she was that lovely. She had deep emotional scars from her past that caused her to build some pretty high walls. She was friendly enough on the surface, but she rarely let other's in beyond a certain point, especially now. 

When they came to log, she felt him nudge her to stop. She studied the log and nodded in agreement when her packmate stated that it had probably been uprooted by the rain. Greyback gave her a puzzled gaze, and she figured he was trying to think of the best way over. Taking her weight off of him, she walked up to the log and stood up on her hind legs to place her front paws on it. She looked to the other side before sweeping her gaze back and forth across the log to judge how far she would have to jump. Brynn came back down to stand on four legs again before turning to Greyback with a pensive look. I think I can probably either climb or jump over, she finally said a little uncertainly. She was pretty sure she could make it over; it just might a hurt a little. She didn't see another way, though.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Watching as Brynn studied the log, Greyback stayed silent, his eyes following her as she looked over and then backed up. Was she trying to figure out how far she had to jump? The wolf let out a tiny sigh, but didnt dare to show his disapproval to Brynn.

"I think I can probably either climb or jump over"

Walking forward, he dipped his head. "Forgive me, Miss Brynn." he apologized before he abruptly bent down and shoved his face under the females stomach. Shuffling forward, the large male lifted his neck to help her slide down onto his back, the weight settling on his spine. It was quick, and Greyback hoped she didn't squirm too much. He could only imagine the display, a past noble, a man of his size carrying a wolfess on his back as if she was a prized hunt.

"I cannot let you cross over the log, your wounds will open."

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn had no time to react to his words before she was hoisted onto her packmate's back. What the hell was going on? She was momentarily surprised that he had lifted her so easily; she was not a small wolf, but, then, neither was he. Surprise quickly turned to annoyance, and she struggled, wanting to get down. She winced as the movement caused a throbbing in the wound on her chest. Finally, she let out an irritated huff. Put me down, Greyback, Brynn demanded when she realized she couldn't get herself down.

Although he was right about her wounds opening, her pride balked at his words. I'm perfectly capable of getting over the log on my own, she replied exasperatedly, struggling again to get down despite the discomfort it caused. She had been taking care of herself for a long time, and she had dealt with much worse than getting over a log while wounded. She was not some damsel in distress that crumpled at the first sign of hardship; she was strong and independent and could manage this task on her own.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The man waited for Brynn to stop her squirming on his back, her weight digging into points on his spine, making him slightly uncomfortable; however, he held a straight stone cold face as he turned to look over his shoulder at her. "Miss Brynn," He barked, his tone curt for the two words before turning soft. "Please be careful, this will not last long, I assure you.

"I'm perfectly capable of getting over the log on my own,"

Greyback let out a hum of approval as he turned and trotted back from the log. He knew Brynn was strong. She was one of the most determined wolves he'd ever met, however she was still hurt, and he would not sit idly by. "I'm well aware," He said humbly, his ear twitching before he stopped, turned back and looked at log, his gaze focusing on it. "Hold on tight," he replied before returning to a trot and breaking it into a sprint. Digging his paws into the dirt, he sprang forward and propelled his body over the log. Once landing he promptly dropped down into a crouch so her paws could reach the earth.

It was only when she got off his back as he stoop up and offered a kind smile to her. "Again, my deepest apologies to you, Miss Brynn." The man gave a polite bow to her, his front paw bending as his nose nearly touched the earth before standing to his full height. It was true Brynn was higher in rank, but Greyback was not bowing for that. It was fact that he had carried her against her will, denying her common courtesy.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her initial reaction was to bristle at his terse words, but Brynn realized with his next statement that her squirming was probably hurting him, and as irritated as she was with him right now, she didn't want to cause Greyback any discomfort, so she finally acquiesced, silently trying not to think about how ridiculous she probably looked right now. And if he was 'well aware' of how capable she was, then why had he picked her up against her will in the first place? She soon dismissed the thought, though, because his warning meant he was about to jump over the log, and she didn't want to fall off. 

When they landed, Brynn leapt from her packmate's back as soon as she was close enough to the ground do so without hurting either of them. She whirled on him, ready to give him a piece of her mind, only to be met with an apology that was soon followed by a low bow. She gave a capitulated sigh. She couldn't be mad at him now, plus she knew with this kindhearted male, it was all done with the purest of intentions. 

When he stood back up, she shook her head at him but was unable to keep a little smile from from forming on her face. It's okay, She replied before giving him a teasing glare. Just, maybe give a girl more warning next time, She added, the smile on her face growing. A little more seriously, she added, I'm sorry if I hurt you before. I was flustered and wasn't thinking. No one has ever picked me up like that before. She shrugged a little with her last statement, feeling a little awkward about the whole situation.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched silently as Brynn regained stability on the ground, his eyes meeting hers for a fleeting moment as he pressed his mouth in a firm line while he gauged her reaction, his body stiff and tall as he readied himself to be yelled at for his misdemeanor. But it did not come, only a sigh left Brynn's lips.

"It's okay.. Just, maybe give a girl more warning next time. I'm sorry if I hurt you before. I was flustered and wasn't thinking. No one has ever picked me up like that before."

Greyback's rigid form relaxed at the words, relief washing over him. He was glad she wasn't upset, or perhaps that she was quick to forgive him, either way, he didn't mind.

His tail swung around him as she teasingly glared at him. He couldn't help but have a laugh bubble out of his lungs, his head shaking to answer her question. "Next time, Miss Brynn?" The man forfeited his manners for a quick minute as he joked with her. "Shall I carry you next time you are injured?"

Speaking of Injury, Greyback glanced down at her muzzle, eyeing the wound. It looked red, and slightly swollen. It was too early for an infection to set in? He drew his browns together tautly as he eyed it skeptically. He knew it was hurting, and it would get much worse before it got better. With his gaze faltering to sympathetic he looked away and cleared his lungs with a strong grunt. "We should get you back as soon as possibly to clean that wound, lady Brynn- I mean Miss." He quickly caught himself and felt his face turn hot, flushed with embarrassment for confusing her title.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Brynn laughed at his words. I'm sure there will be many next times, but I think I would rather you didn't. Any other assistance is always welcome, though. Unless she was truly unable to walk, she would rather get around on her own. Maybe that was stubborn, but she didn't care. She appreciated his kindness, though. It was not something she encountered all the time she was on her own. 

Brynn noticed Greyback studying the wound on her face with concern before he suggested they get back and get it cleaned. It really doesn't hurt that much, she lied, But you're right, I would like to get it cleaned to avoid infection, she added a second later. Brynn didn't understand his discomfort at the title he had used before her name. Shrugging, she said, You can just call me Brynn. She saw no need for any formal title before her name, especially with a fellow packmate. She gave him a warm smile following her words as she turned and made to head farther into their territory.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Im so sorry for the late reply! I have THE WORST writers block when it comes to this thread, haha. I'm not sure where else to go with Greyback at the moment. They should be close to the camp, right?

"I'm sure there will be many next times, but I think I would rather you didn't. Any other assistance is always welcome, though."

"Of course," He shot back, hiding him amusement with the idea of carrying Brynn around more like a pup under his facade. It was humorous to think it had happened. He wondered what she would do if word ever got out to the other Easthollow wolves. Would they like to be carried around? Greyback didn't mind doing so.

"It really doesn't hurt that much, But you're right, I would like to get it cleaned to avoid infection...You can just call me Brynn."

Hesmiled as Brynn agreed with his statement, but raised a brow at her lie. Surely she was hurting, and just playing tough. Shaking his head, he gave a snort. He guessed she probably didn't want to worry him with her pain. Too late though. Greyback was already hovering over her and dripping with anxiety for his packmate's well being.

"There is no shame in hurting, Brynn." Using no titles felt weird on the mans tongue. He was unfamiliar with the idea, but knew his friends comfort came first. He returned a warm smile back, watching as she trailed ahead before following behind.

246 Posts
Ooc — Hela
I can archive after this if you want!

Brynn shrugged at his last comment. She knew that was true on some level, but the need to hide pain was a hard habit to break. The last year of her life was not easy, and survival was often her only goal, which meant hiding any weakness from others. It was not so much needed when part of a pack, at least, not around her packmates, but it would take while for her to let her guard down. 

Him lifting her against her will aside, Brynn was glad she had gotten to know Greyback a little better. Making more connections with packmates would surely help her learn to open up a little more. Brynn continued her introspection as they made their way deeper into Easthollow territory to address her wounds, not really feeling up to saying much more but glad for the presence of a packmate.