Blackfoot Forest We shall laugh uproariously this night
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
All Welcome 
The sun had begun its extravagant descent below the horizon, painting the sky in dashes of orange and pink. Soon, the dark overlord would need to succumb to the darkness and enter the dream realm. But first, he needed to find somewhere safe and secluded to do so. The eerie calls from deep within a dark forest he was approaching caught his attention. Others would avoid a place so obviously teeming with evil, but Gundham Tanaka feared nothing! He would make the dark spirits cower before him!

With confidence in his stride and tail flagged high, Gundham entered the new territory. It absolutely reeked of foxes. Ah, kitsune―tricky demon beasts they were. The underlings would know not to trifle with him, though! He had no worries. A dark figure swooped into his view from above, landing on the limb of a nearby tree. Curiously, he approached it, peering up at the creature. It stared back with large, piercing yellow eyes. Unmistakable devilish horns sat upon its head, and it was clear what this demon beast was: a greater horned owl.

But not just any greater horned owl―it was his beloved underling, Belenus. Is it really you, Belenus? Gundham asked incredulously. The owl offered a signature hoot as if giving affirmation.

What brings you to this cursed place? He then asked. Belenus only continued to stare before suddenly seizing up, beak opening for a sizable pellet to drop to the ground. Instead of reeling back in disgust, Gundham briefly observed the pellet and said, Ah, I see! This place is bountiful in rodents. That explains all the vulpine residents. It appears you are doing well, then. I was about to retire here for the night. With that, he turned to venture deeper into the woods, searching for a suitable spot to rest while the owl silently followed the demon beast tamer from above.
Open Sesame, Pandemonium! I shall fill Hell with true hell!

English | Japanese
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Here's a wild Álainn!

Álainn had simply decided to explore today, looking for other areas to explore, hunt, rest, basically anything. Blackfoot Forest was an eery place, she knew, but Álainn didn't feel scared of it. In fact, she liked it, and enjoyed being in an area that scared others so she could have time to herself, not in a bad way or anything. Álainn had been curled up in a little delicate ball of golden, beige, and white fur, her icy blue eyes shut.

Then, she smelled something.

Álainn's ears perked up and she opened her eyes, lifting up her head to look around. She sniffed the air some more and soon noticed a figure in the distance. Álainn looked at it and noticed it was a wolf. "Hello?" She asked, looking at the wolf.
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
A sickly sweet voice suddenly called out, questioningly saying hello. Taking a few cautious steps forwards, he returned with, Who goes there? His voice was loud and commanding as it carried through the trees. His mismatched gaze soon landed on the bright gold woman peering up at him with clear blue eyes. She was stunningly beautiful, but that made him all the more cautious. She could be a nymph trying to seduce him. One in a place such as this was surely plotting something!

However, Gundham Tanaka was not one to run from danger. He still wanted to rest in this place, so he came to a stop and warily waited to hear what the nymph would say.

English | Japanese
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Álainn was surprised that her "hello?" had been answered. She figured no one would answered, and honestly, she wondered, why would they? Álainn decided to come out of hiding more, and honestly, she was a bit curious. "It's just me." She replied, slightly cautiously. "My name's Álainn, why are you here? If you decide to ask first, I'm just resting here." Álainn had recently hunted some prey and basically went on a "food journey" and decided to stop at Rising Sun Valley, only to come across this odd-looking but curious wolf. Not that Gundham was curious, but that he seemed interesting.

Álainn was still slightly worried about approaching him anymore. She wanted to maybe talk to him a bit or something to get to know him? Álainn figured that would maybe be a good idea. He looks harmless. She thought. Well, to Álainn, as sweet as she was, she hardly thought of everyone as harmful.
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"It's just me," The nymph gently replied. "My name's Álainn, why are you here?"

Gundham narrowed his eyes suspiciously but replied, I am the dark overlord, Gundham Tanaka. I was naturally drawn to this cursed forest. He decided to leave out his idea of settling here for the night, not trusting this nymph. He remained rooted in place and kept his eyes fixed on her to see what she would do. Belenus perched in a nearby tree, watching the wolves as an eerie yet calm presence from above.

English | Japanese
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Gundham Tanaka, a dark overlord? Now, Álainn was confused and was beginning to feel rather odd and suspicious about this wolf. Normally the golden treasure was friendly, but this wolf met some exceptions. Álainn would slightly be friendly to him, but she was confused. "Dark overlord?" She had asked, confused. "Why would, out of Teekon Wilds, full of normal wolves, be one 'dark overlord'?" Álainn didn't want to sound harsh, but she was confused.

Did this wolf have some problems? If so, Álainn would be able to maybe try and get him help.

"What makes you think of yourself as a dark overlord?"
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Like all the rest, she questioned his status. He sighed. Not just out of these measly wilds, mortal: the entire Underworld! He answered uproariously, chest puffed out with pride. The nymph who called herself "Álainn" went so far as to assume only he thought of himself as an overlord. Gundham took a few more steps forward, having filled himself with confidence and a sense of power.

Then, he gave her a lengthy spiel: You are bold, little nymph! To question the status of the Overlord of Ice, the one who will one day rule this world... You are fortunate I'm in a good mood. I was born into this title, and I will uphold it for eternity!

English | Japanese
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
The Underworld? Mortal? What was this wolf rambling about now? The next thing Gundham had said sparked even more confusion in Álainn's mind? Little nymph? What in the world was a nymph? Álainn only knew of the baby forms of some insects called nymphs, like baby dragonflies. She had never heard of a "nymph" used to describe maybe some kind of wolf. The way how Gundham gave his spiel made Álainn maybe understand a little, but she was still confused.

"Nymph? What does that mean? I've only heard of young insect stages called nymphs, for example, baby dragonflies. Since when were some wolves called nymphs?" Álainn had asked, a questioning look in her blue eyes.
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
The nymph only asked more questions, severely confused now. Hmm... It was possible she was an ordinary wolf, but also possible she was a nymph trying to trick him. So far, he didn't feel a particularly strong urge to embrace her, but that could be due to the barrier that was generated around him. Narrowing his eyes again as he thought, Gundham decided he would err on the side of caution.

Hmph. That is one definition of nymph. I will admit: your knowledge of insects is impressive. However, the nymphs I speak of are female nature spirits who possess men to be worshipped like gods! He explained while continuing in the direction he was headed but gave the potential nymph a wide berth. Gundham had never encountered a nymph himself before, but his barrier should be enough to repel any seductive powers she may have. Resting here for the night still felt like a fine idea, with that in mind.

English | Japanese
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Álainn listened as Gundham explained this meaning of "nymph", and she couldn't help but feel absolutely annoyed now. "You don't have any evidence that I 'worship' males." She explained, and maybe now she could tell her story to explain why Gundham thought she was a so-called nymph. "Everyone in my pack worshipped me like a goddess, and I left them, because I was annoyed about how they treated me, and I never seducted any males, and I wouldn't want to." Álainn said, and she could slowly feel her patience breaking. Calm down Álainn. She told herself. Something must've made him this way. Álainn didn't understand what was going on right now.

She had no idea why Gundham would think of her as a nymph. Just what she needed, sarcasm intended. Apparently Álainn's appearance would be making others lustful or something just like how her packmates were. She was part of some kind of "royal family"-like pack, and, maybe she'd end up going through something else maybe similar to that.
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
She misunderstood his explanation, thinking it were the nymphs doing the worshipping when it is the opposite, but what does it matter at this point? It seems he struck a chord with the probably-not-a-nymph, as she took his miscalculation personally. Still, Álainn caught his full attention again at the mention of having been worshipped like a goddess, and Gundham stopped upon hearing this. It was strange to him that being worshipped was something she didn't want.

It was his turn to be confused. You don't want to be worshipped? That is certainly un-nymph-like. Actually, many mortals would love such luxuries. It's quite nice, Gundham said as if speaking from experience.

English | Japanese
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Álainn began thinking maybe she was taking things the wrong way, and Gundham began questioning the fact she didn't want to be worshipped. "If I was a pack leader, then maybe being 'worshipped' would be nice, but, that's just not how I am to others. Sure, maybe if there were females or something, I would be okay, but maybe what I mean is when it comes to males seeking you out, treating you like a treasure, that can be bothersome. The constant 'affection' I was getting became overwhelming." Álainn said. She hoped her explanation made sense, and if this Gundham guy would be the next one to treat her like a goddess, she'd try hard not to get annoyed. Once it became overwhelming, maybe she would get annoyed. However, she had some exceptions. "However, when it comes to mates, I'm okay with that." Álainn then said. She knew she probably sounded crazy at the moment.
† The Overlord of Ice †
37 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Álainn explained her reasoning, and that confirmed she was,  indeed, not a nymph. That was a good thing, as now he wouldn't have to worry about her attempting to possess him, though it'd be in vain. Gundham nodded in understanding. To be respected is one thing, but to be fawned over by prospecting lovers is... uncomfortable, He agreed.

Well, now that he was sure she was just a regular wolf, the yearling desired to give in to the temptation of sleep. Conversations wore him out, anyway. It's getting late. I plan to reside here for the night, He informed her after a pause. Stay safe, mortal. With that, he continued on his way to find someplace safe to rest.

English | Japanese