The Sunspire my fingers are the only bones I want here
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she figured the limb would heal well enough on its own; fortunately, the break was not as severe as to warrant much more attention than she gave it. still, she tested the limb daily, pushing the limits of the healing process as she moved across the mountain. 

she hadn't sought out the little white healer; the first and only time they had met had been shortly after her father's murder and had not gone well for either party. this could be dealt with on her own. 

the noon's sun found her on the border, seeking respite in the shaded side of the mountain as she added her scent once more to all the others that lingered there.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
The one good thing about the sun was that its movement was predictable -- she could do whatever the hell she wanted in the places that would feel like they'd been blasted by fire by this hour simply by going there much earlier or much later.  The mountain's ability to mimic a sundial also helped give everyone a break.

Most unsurprisingly, Treason was on patrol.  It'd be far more bizarre for her to not be doing so.  Sure, she took time out of her amazingly full schedule to go find food and stuff, but her choice of wasting time had pretty much boiled down to putting a lot of miles under her paws.  Since she didn't really think anyone else was probably skilled enough to prove a competent sparring partner (whether or not that was actually truth), it was just about the only thing she could think of to stay fit.  It also left her to live a relatively solitary existence within the pack, as there was plenty of land around the edge where even two patrolling might not cross paths the whole time.

Today Treason walked from the other direction, eventually spotting the shadow of her packmate up ahead.  At least from this direction, it was likely that she didn't need to make some sort of noise to startle her -- not that Treason was a particularly stealthy wolf to start with.  Thinking back to the hunt or maybe before, she said uncertainly, Cassiopeia, was it?  It wasn't like Treason was super social, nor up to date on every little random bit of news and name.  If it wasn't important to doing her duties?  In one ear, out the other, filed in the round bin.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she woman paused in her step at the approach of another, falling still while her gaze traced the woman swiftly. name sprung to mind after a moment of searching, and she dipped her head in silent affirmation. treason; the name came suddenly to mind and she felt no need to affirm it. she found her step again, expecting the woman to fall in beside her. they both had the same goal here, anyway.

her scent was familiar, at least, even if her face was not. it existed strongly around the borders, a presence confident enough to patrol them often and well. verdant gaze slipped back to fall on the woman's glacier blue for an instant, asking then, "I'm guessing you fight?" no one would spend this much time around the outskirts of the pack should they be untrained or wary of confrontation.

nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Treason was never sure whether it was a good or bad thing to have someone with her on patrol.  She was not the most sociable of wolves, and she didn't always trust that others would do as good of a job at the whole patrol thing or might be more of a distraction than a help.  Unsurprisingly, she didn't know anyone particularly well, even though she'd lived here for months.  It was unlikely to change quickly or soon.

She looked Cassiopeia over once again -- she was a lighter build than Treason, at least in comparison to the mountain of a wolf her genetics had designed her to be.  Cass could probably be do anything, honestly.  Treason nodded, That would be what I was raised to do, yes.  You?  In case it wasn't obvious from that, she also found no problem with accepting that was her destiny, and so that was more what her question was referring to.  Honestly, she wasn't sure what else she'd do -- she was raised to be a soldier, not a hunter, not a medic, not a diplomat.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the woman looks it. warrior bred and raised, while she, with a touch of her mother's daintiness, could have grown up different. "it is what I was made to do."  she echoes the woman's phrasing, almost. it was never her family's intent to raise her to what she'd become, that she could be sure off. neither would she have shown much interest in battle, had not Vaati dragged her away from all she'd known with the sole intent of twisting who she was. 

with a curt motion the way the woman had come, she inquired, "anything interesting?"  while she'd stopped avoiding the spot she'd seen Dakarai last, she'd still prefer to know if the rest of her patrol would be of any worth to complete.

nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
It was a subtle difference, one that she'd heard but apparently not one that she was going to respond to.  Perhaps if she knew Cass better she would have made some snarky remark about her being able to do whatever she wanted, but at the moment Treason just assumed that she'd accepted whatever fate had put in front of her.

She shook her head.  Nothing out of the ordinary.  Things have quieted down since all the other wolves in the area left.  Yes, occasionally non-wolf creatures breached the borders, but most of the time that hadn't ended too badly.  After all, they were all less dangerous than their own kind, the only things that probably would be more hostile would be bears and cougars, and neither of them had dared to trespass. The attack on the pup?  That kind of thing happened sometimes.  It was part of life, and it wasn't like she'd interacted with Seabreeze or Olive really at all, so it didn't disturb her.  If it stays too quiet, I'm sure something will happen.  Just a question of what.  And it would.  Did it count as jinxing it if you knew it was going to happen and accepted that fact?