Emberwood Busybody
Dance with the devil
31 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Private 
A Latina and a Czech...interesting

Svítaní had recently met up with her younger sister Jasny and had told her about a pack that was being formed by a wolf named Serem, or maybe that Serem was helping to form a pack. Svítaní had saw opportunity with this, and figured that maybe she could start a new life in a pack, something possible and perfect. Yawning, the wolfdog decided to lay down a bit in the fresh, green grass of Emberwood, looking at the trees and foliage. As much of an explorer as she was, she loved this place. Hardly any predators, and tons of prey. Svítaní had decided to hunt something, or maybe track down something, and managed to bring back a couple squirrels to her makeshift den that Svítaní would stay in for the rest of the night.

Svítaní, however, felt uneasy once she caught a scent, and she got up from her place as laying on the grass, and she looked around, her amber eyes examining the woods, ears swiveling and twitching. "Who's there?" She asked, seriousness in her tone. Svítaní thought of some of this place close to her makeshift den as her territory, and that no one was allowed to enter it. She marked some of it to make sure, hoping that perhaps the "intruder" would leave this time?

@Catalina
Normal Speech|Czechoslovakian|Spanish

Dance, dance, dance with the devil.
38 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
The female had been finishing of a hare she had caught recently when she decided to wander, however she was stopped when she heard a female speak. It was a language she wasnt too familiar with, stepping out she spoke up in the only language she knew. "No entiendo."

No entiendo means i do not understand
Dance with the devil
31 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Svítaní had heard a voice respond, but the language the wolf spoke was feminine, but also sounded foreign. It was clear this wolf did not either speak English or Czech, the only languages Svítaní knew. I wonder why she's here, anyway. The wolfdog thought. She needed an answer from the female either way, no matter what, despite her not knowing Svítaní's dominant languages. How am I supposed to communicate with her? Svítaní thought once more.

She had to try, it was her only hope.

Svítaní then tried to think of any times she had heard wolves speak maybe Spanish or other languages. Just then, she had one memory, and decided that maybe she could try and speak Spanish. "Estás en mi territorio.-You're on my territory." Svítaní then said, hoping the female would be able to understand her now.

38 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Suprising to the female, she understood what the other said. Perhaps she spoke her language but her accent was different so she doubted it. "mis disculpas" Catalina knew not how much spanish this female may know or if she knew any at all. She had no idea this was a packs territory but she was going to try to ask. "Land...pack?" Her spanish accent was heavy and her english was very limited though she knew some phrases and words.

mid disculpas- my apologies
Dance with the devil
31 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Apparently the Spanish-speaking wolf did know some English, but had been completely incorrect when she had asked "Land...pack?". No, this was not a pack's land, and perhaps Svítaní could try to use Catalina's attempt at English speaking to do the same, to show this was Svítaní's territory, and no one else's. "No, land, mine. No pack." Svítaní had said, hoping for the best.

Would Catalina understand? If not, Svítaní could continue using Spanish to be able to make herself understandable.

38 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
*puting an end to this thread! Thanks!

Catalina knew she wasn’t welcome nor could she understand the female. So instead of continuing on the meaningless conversation, she just nods her head and backs up a little. “Adios “ and with that the female walks off in the direction she came.