Otatso Wetlands cold cold cold
8 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
cue evil laughter

She waded through the wetlands with a look of displeasure plastered across her face. This whole damn place must be cursed to be awful. First the hollow, then the mountain and now this. Heavens forbid she actually found something nice for once.

A disgusted huff escaped her as she kept moving on. Muck clung to her legs and underside. Atiena very much resembled a swamp monster at the moment (did you catch that?) if someone merely gave a glance in her direction. She would immediately need to find a clean source of water after this. Like hell if she was going to keep traveling when all of this dried to her fur.
207 Posts
Ooc —
He ran until he couldn't anymore, determined he would not return to Morningside— not just because he'd been told. The young Corten had yet to encounter any true danger in his excursions, and thus his boldness had grown immensely. The wetlands didn't bother him any— in fact, he thought the mud was pretty fun. So it followed that the pup entering the strange woman's line of sight was filthy, slick with mud and sporting a few leaves stuck to his pelt.
It didn't take long for him to spot her. When he did, a grin split his face, and he didn't hesitate to bound over to the stranger, laughing. You look like a monster, He informed her cheerfully. A big ugly one. What's your name? River was very charming, after all.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.
8 Posts
Ooc —
"You look like a monster. A big ugly one."

Her honeyed gaze narrowed sharply, lowering her head so she was more eye-level with the boy. I am a big, ugly, mean monster. She replied back in a sour tone with a sharpened gaze fixed on the child. Someone had forgot to tuck him in it seemed and she was going to teach him why children should stick close to their dens. I am Popobawa. I eat children like you for fun. There was no hiding the sinister edge in her voice. So tell me boy, who are you?

If he tried to run from her she would be quick to rectify such a mistake.
207 Posts
Ooc —
The woman's response immediately frightened him, but he didn't let it show. Instead he glared straight back at her, hackles lifting. River, He answered automatically, silent for a couple beats. A brief wave of courage washed over him, then, and his next words came harsh and spitting for his age. You— you can't eat me! You're just a— a big dumb— bitch! He'd heard the word before, but had never dared to use it until now. It seemed the appropriate response. He took a step back, anticipating a bad reaction already but unaware of the true consequences of his brattiness.
Winterbourne's voice is low and raspy due to a throat injury during his childhood, and it can sometimes be difficult to understand him.