Broken Boulder The Red Moon Of Doom
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Pack Activity 
Korei Julia was upon her rock when it happened. The moon was changing, as she saw. It gained her attention upon reddening, like a lake slowly being filled by blood. And she was filled with interest and unknown fear. She called quickly for the pack, they had to see this. How the moon was changing to blood, and if any of them knew what this meant. But to Korei, it felt wrong to see such a beautiful thing change to the color of a bleeding animal.

@Alarian @Delight @Queenie @Lily @Bunyip @Zamael @Horosk @Brilliance @Solomon @Mali
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

although delight himself knows nothing of the stars, his gaze often finds its way northward, remembering what a boy cloaked in silver looked like draped by their reflections. tonight is such a night, the gathering of nostalgic and anxiety in his belly prickling as the moon swells redder and redder. strange, unnatural -- korei's call summons him. he does not know the girl well enough to know why she calls but she seems to be as interested in the sky as he. "do you know what it is?" the chancellor asks, taking a seat.
but we were worried that you'd fallen in the river, or worse
but then you sent us back a letter, it said in capital letters
"THE UNIVERSE IS GOING TO CATCH YOU"
[Image: 8jSCQgn.png]
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He still isn't sure what to do with— yesterday. The state of the moon had almost escaped him, actually, lost in his own thoughts as he is. Truth be told, he's having regrets— a lot of them. Not that he can ever tell Delight that— or anyone, actually. Because even though he regrets a lot of things, he finds he doesn't regret any of it enough to take it back.
The moon's strange color, when he notices it, is a welcome distraction from the crushing anxiety that has seen him isolated for the past— however long since he and Delight had parted. What isn't welcome is Korei's call. He lifts himself from the ground with a sigh nonetheless and follows the source. His own arrival is quiet, gaze averting when he realizes Delight is already there.
Hey, He murmurs, coming up near his— his— ??? and settling just close enough to be a little more than friendly. For some reason, he still can't look at him; instead he glances up at the moon again, then turns his gaze to Korei almost expectantly.
warm and golden like an oven that's wide open
45 Posts
Ooc —

she was still quite the infant, and as such would likely not be making an appearance unless her mother deemed it necessary since her father was preoccupied with something budding and bigger than his children.

however, she was not too small for the blood moon to have some kind of effect on her.  this moon — the moon of rebirth — would strike down upon the girl without mercy.  in her sleep (whether queenie was present or not), her tiny paws thrust out stiff in front of her, and the line of her mouth tightened in discomfort.  one eye popped open, and then another as the red light of the moon filled the den.  a deep sense of dread filled her — this is different!  i don't like it! — and she began to whimper quietly, tucked in the corner of the den.

you're an angry blade & you're brave but you're all alone
117 Posts
Ooc — croc
just a quick one post from me for that ic development

he was a shell of his former self. if everyone had thought he had shown up at the sanctuary at rock bottom, they were dead wrong. his form seemed uncharacteristically lean and his expression seemed sharper than usual.

ulf has no interest in socializing and so he passes through the scene as familiar scents tug at his nose. the scent of alarian calls to him the most but when he arrives he notices the closeness of the governor and chancellor. the wolfdog may not have been the smartest but even he knows that things seem more than friendly.

his already curled tail seems to curl tighter as he takes his leave, not even sparing anyone a hello or goodbye.

hurt hurt hurt me more
and i'll eat eat eat you whole
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia noticed others were coming to meet around them. She paused and looked to Delight, and shrugged. "It's...well, the moon...it's red. Like blood. I don't know why but it's pretty" she said, blinking her eyes up at it. Alarian and one of the pups came too, and she smiled sweetly at the pup. And she caught sight of someone else but they were gone, she shrugged at that.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

alarian joins him -- delight feels his presence without turning around and sucks in a breath, unsure where they are or what alarian wants. he steals a glance at the governor and finds him not looking, which is both easier and -- hurts him, inexplicably. is he too shameful to behold, now? 

korei interrupts his thoughts (ulf's momentary arrival entirely missed), naming the phenomenon without... naming it. "it certainly is red," he agrees, awkwardly, turning back to look at the sky once again. like blood. like an omen. "does it mean anything, do you think?" delight asks, his voice gone soft. "when tindómë founded -- the day we founded -- the sun.. turned black for a moment. or -- vanished, i guess. like there was no light in the sky at all." it's not the same as this but looking back, was that some sort of warning of tindómë's inevitable failure? at the time he'd thought it auspicious -- oh but what does he know.
done with your shit
115 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
sorry I suck. one-post cameo

The moon looked badass, honestly. Zamael heeded Korei's anxious call in a lackadaisical fashion, making his way slowly to join the others. They all looked taken aback by it; he let out an appreciative whistle, fiery eyes trained on the crimson orb.

"Korei, you're our resident night sky expert," he remarked, glancing over at the white-furred girl. "Any idea on what this could be?" Incoming storm? Bad omen? Armageddon? He snickered quietly at the thought of the last one; if the world was coming to an end, he had better make the most of it. Maybe he should make a run for it, else he be stuck here with his brother and new boyfriend making love in the light of an apocalyptic moon.

Yeah, no thanks.

"What if it stays like this?" Zamael asked, looking back up at the moon. "It's dark--harder to see, than when it's silver."
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Still no post order @Alarian @Zamael @Delight @Solomon

Korei glanced to Delight, and she was not sure how to answer that. She just looked at stars. But this was highly unusual. "I...I don't know. It doesn't look bad to me...maybe a bit scary." Then Zamael said something that surprised her, and scared her. As one could tell by the look upon her face. 

"S-Stay that way? I hope not!" What Delight spoke of, with no light. That, Korei remembered that. She had seen it then. And it had scared her too.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Zamael's arrival is something of a relief; he doesn't think he can stand this awkward set-up without at least some moral support. Sometimes he can almost forget that Korei is technically his ex-girlfriend, but tonight is unfortunately not one of those occasions. Not with Delight around. He only listens to the others for a few moments.
We've seen this before, Korei, with— with Lennon, He regrets saying his name immediately. His gaze fixes to the ground for a moment and he swallows, trying to compose himself before he looks back up. A blood moon. I'm sure it'll pass, like it did last time. Lennon had said it would happen again, hadn't he? He shivers slightly and tries to put the dark man out of his mind.
done with your shit
115 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
"Oooh, blood moon, spooky," he said, his voice treading the line between awestruck and sarcastic. Zamael was truly interested in the world around them and its quirks, but he tried to keep a level head when things like this happened. This wasn't the work of some god; this wasn't an omen. Something was happening that had some sort of explanation that someone knew; he wasn't going to flip out, especially if it went right back to normal, like Alarian mentioned.

Zamael let out a breath, shifting his paws. "I suppose I've seen this before, too, but I don't really remember," he remarked. "I'm usually asleep by now," he added, with a chuckle. There were night owls and early birds, and Zamael was firmly in the latter category. Morning mists and sunrises were much more to his liking than the crushing darkness of midnight.
✶ ✶ ✶ ✶
686 Posts
Ooc — remus
Away

poor korei -- a twinge of guilt passes through him that he may have alarmed her -- or that zamael alarmed her worse (how do you manage to feel guilty for someone else's words? it's a gift). but alarian names the phenomenon and while it's not the most reassuring name, it is better than unknown. his own moon-tinted eyes, glinting in the dim ruddy light, flick to alarian at the mention of lennon. a reminder of all the history there that  he has yet to uncover. 

he does not say anything, opting instead to lean in to his partner's side, unable to resist a smile at zamael's joking. "blood moon,"he repeats softly, more to himself than to anyone else, committing the detail to memory. he still does not trust the sight of it, and after a moment squeezes his eyes shut as if by refusing to see it he can somehow turn what it could possibly represent off -- deny the omen, deny the fallout.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei shivered. Not just because of the name 'blood moon', but also how she remembered the name Lennon. It made her tighten up in her chest. She pushed the name back, she didn't want to suddenly break down. It was so easy for her, too easy in fact for it to happen. She sat there, remaining in silence. Regarding the red moon, and no doubt would do so for the rest of the night. 

Last round for this thread!
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Korei's reaction inspires a flash of guilt, and his ears pin to his skull briefly. Suddenly he doesn't want to look at the moon anymore; instead he glances at Delight again, fleetingly, grateful for the way he leans against him. He presses back slightly, daring to briefly push his nose into his cheek fur. It's comforting, but he's too intent on avoiding their situation and too aware of the others to chance any further affection.
But he's content to stay pressed against Delight as long as he's allowed.
done with your shit
115 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
Everyone was so guarded, so scared. Delight and Alarian were wrapped up in their own little world, and Korei looked haunted by superstition. With the barest of snorts under his breath, Zamael turned and padded away, silvery fur bathed in blood-light.

He settled in Paradise Garden instead, gaze fixed on the moon as it slowly brightened to ivory once more, a safeguard against the crushing dark of night. His gaze glittered, and a smile spread over his maw. He was alone with the flowers, a guest of the flora and fauna here.

And the stars! The crimson moon had allowed them to shine brighter than before, but even eclipsed by their larger counterpart, they still held a magnificent glow, each and every one of them. Nary a cloud in the sky to spoil the view. No one could ask for a more beautiful sight.

He fell asleep here, among the weeds.