Firefly Glen shadows will scream that i'm alone
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Jogging lightly down the path, the yearling had been sent on the errand of retrieve one of his brothers again. Right now he didn't much mind, especially since he fancied a good stretch of his legs, and after all: he could do with something vaguely entertaining--which, thankfully, the pups were very good for that. They always seemed to find something to get into, or wander off to investigate, or whatever else it was for the day, and corralling them around gave him plenty to do.

He tracked his meandering trail and didn't immediately find him in the flesh so the beginning hints of concern threatened to creep up beneath his toes. Jarilo slowed down and skimmed the scene more carefully with his brother's name right on the tip of his tongue.. but not quite desperate enough for it, he did not call out yet. He kept threading further into the neutral turf, looking this way and that as he went. The scents brought him near.. but not quite. The yearling Ostrega knew it was possible the boy didn't want to be found, which possibly complicated everything he set out to do here. Now fighting back a dash of new frustration, Jarilo huffed. "Aaaarc!" he finally called out to the landscapes at large, raising his voice up and darting forward for a speedier go at it now.

Without any inkling that his father was practically nearby too, instead of a dark smudge of a brother, he saw the large unfamiliar ungulate moving along minding its own and his hackles flung up instantly. Startled by something so sizable just cruising by, Jarilo shrunk into the nearest cover to regroup and spy on it better.. but none of this was helping his current issue of misplaced goods.

He realized in this momentary lull that his heart was beating fast and he really wanted to sate his curiosities, especially with a strange scent like that peppering the air in that creature's wake... but he had to find his brother or his mom was going to skin him... so.. priorities were in order. When an animal of that size could spell danger, he had to act--so he believed. He gathered his nerves and anxiously sprung back into motion, this time tempting himself by trailing after the strange beast by several lengths, unknowingly following it towards the tall grass concealing his brother.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
Messages In This Thread
shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Nechako - July 28, 2018, 08:08 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Arcturus - July 28, 2018, 08:14 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Charon - July 31, 2018, 01:37 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Jarilo - July 31, 2018, 02:14 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Nechako - July 31, 2018, 11:32 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Arcturus - July 31, 2018, 12:12 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Charon - August 02, 2018, 03:55 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Jarilo - August 05, 2018, 01:14 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Nechako - August 09, 2018, 05:23 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Arcturus - August 10, 2018, 03:39 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Charon - August 20, 2018, 07:33 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Arcturus - August 23, 2018, 09:39 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Jarilo - August 25, 2018, 08:42 PM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Charon - August 28, 2018, 05:30 AM
RE: shadows will scream that i'm alone - by Arcturus - September 02, 2018, 09:55 AM