The Sunspire There is no end. There is no beginning. There is only the passion of life.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Joining 
Joining thread, AW!

It was early evening when Rueger's nose picked up the scent of a pack nearby. He paused in his travels to make sure he wasn't too close, but he knew some packs protected their lands beyond their borders. So far, he hadn't seen anyone else in a while, so he felt marginally safe that he wasn't going to be attacked. Still, he lowered his tail and his head a bit, giving the appearance of a neutral wolf. 

He debated on whether he should keep going or maybe stop and check out the pack. He couldn't be a loner forever-- mostly because he was tired of small game and sustained himself much better on larger prey. But, he couldn't take down larger prey on his own. 

His stomach made the decision for him, and he turned more towards the border of the pack. When the scent was at its strongest stopped and sat back on his haunches. By the smells of it, this was a healthy pack that marked their borders often. Healthy packs meant more food. 

He tipped his head back and howled his presence for the pack to hear. He didn't call for anyone in particular-he didn't know anyone here- but he assumed someone of leadership would intercept him at some point, even if they weren't the first to arrive. He kept his eyes and ears alert and waited for the first signs that his call would be answered.
My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
her coming was (somewhat) swift, hampered by the limb which was not healing fast enough for her liking. shouldering easily through a clump of close-growing saplings she was not in the mood to find her way around, she chuffed a greeting as she came within view, ears pricked tall atop her crown. 

she dipped her head, small greeting leaving her lips as she surveyed the male. tail flicked in the slightest as if beckoning him to speak, gaze sweeping over him swiftly.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Movement caught his dark-golden eyes, and they shifted to the source: a midnight-black female who approach him. Rueger lowered his head in respect to the pack wolf, and his eyes never raised above her neck. She said nothing, which made his curious. Usually pack wolves were all questions as to why a stranger was at their borders. But, what her maw lacked, her body language made up for.

Good day, he said smoothly. My name is Rueger, and I was looking to see what I might offer your pack in return of a home, he explained. He made sure that he offered it in such as way to show her that he understood he would need to pull his weight. Of course, Rueger would expect no less. 

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
he explains himself at her prompting, and her gaze flickers briefly to the rocks and trees behind her. with none other in sight, she decides to continue the conversation rather than wait here dully until Rannoch, Terance of Wraen appear. she dipped her head in the slightest, offering her own moniker easily.  "cassiopeia." 

she gestures back at the peak smoothly.  "this is the sunspire. Rannoch leads it, along with his betas, Terance and Wraen." it is made clear now that she is in no place to accept him within their borders, but she forges ahead. "what skills, trades, do you have to offer?" she echoes back. she'd rather not suppliant him with what they need; she knows some would merely jump at the information and suddenly become all that they needed to fill the gaps.

88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Rueger sees the female's gaze flicked back, and his followed. He expected to see another pack wolf coming to back her up, but there no one there. At least no one he could see. He turned his attention back to her as she spoke. Cassiopeia, she replied. An elegant name, he thought.

He took the opportunity to look over the immediate lands. It was a nice territory, and it was no wonder the pack seemed to be thriving here. He tucked the names into the back of his mind, careful not to forget the names of the leaders here. He did not miss that she wasn't leadership, but his respectful stance did not change because of it. Regardless of whether she could welcome him or not, she was a pack wolf, he was a visitor.

His eyes went back to her once more, again not lifting her gaze to hers, but close enough that he showed she had his attention. I'm mostly a warrior, he replied. I fight well, and am not taken down easily. He wasn't trying to toot his own horn, but now was not the time to be humble, either. And if anyone needs a shoulder to lean on, I have excellent hearing, he said with a grin, hoping to get one back in return. So far, she had been all business.
~Maya Angelou
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
"we could use warriors," came terance's voice. the packs beta popped up from around the cliffside, his tail high and arched over his back. he regarded the stranger curiously, his green gaze looking over him with interest. "i am terance," he added, following along to the introduction that cass had just given.

he took a spot beside the theta, giving her a gentle bump with his shoulder as a greeting. "what did you say your name was?"
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
he was a warrior; a rock, so he claimed himself to be. skills invaluable to any pack, surely, though she could identify moreso with the former than the latter. "we'll have to test that, then." she offers as Terance appears, a glimmer of light-heartedness appearing a moment in her gaze, yet no trace of the smile the male had been hoping to accrue. she pushed lightly against the beta's shoulder in return, falling silent and standing motionless at the male's side.

88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Her response had his grin growing into a smile, and he wasn't even disappointed that she didn't return it. He liked to be challenged. Ready when you are, he returned, his voice a little playful. He would make sure to keep an eye out for her in the future.

But, his attention was diverted when the sound of a male voice entered their conversation. Rueger regained his composure, turning serious once more as his head bowed to the stranger. His body language said he was leadership, and the lone wolf would show his respect to that. Rueger, he responded. At your service, if you're willing to have me, he added. He didn't miss the friendly affection shown by the two. Maybe he could find someone to bump shoulders with while he was here.

~Maya Angelou
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance looked the man down carefully for a short while, eventually giving a graceful dip of his head. "you're welcome within sunspire's borders, so long as you show your loyalty," he offered with a gentle smile, a small glimmer in his eye. wolves of sunspire were loyal, he had no doubt this man would find his place here. 

"i can show you around, you can tell me more about yourself," the beta said, then giving a quick glance to cass, his tail flicking, "do you wanna come or do you have something to do?" the invitation was clear, but terance gave her an out. found what he heard they seemed to be getting along.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
Terance gave her an out, and it took only a moment of thought to grasp it. "I should finish my patrol," she offered, glancing once at the new recruit. "I'll find you later." she'd take him up on his word, and her tail flicked once behind her before she dipped her head in goodbye, muzzle curving a fraction as she glanced to Terance before moving past the pair. they could do their bro-bonding without her tagging along.