Sunset Valley Underneath it all, we're just savages.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
Her mind too busy these days to sleep much, Taki found herself exploring the valley just north of their borders. She moved through the trees, enjoying the cool night air. She, of course, would rather it be much colder, but this night was a nice reprise from the warmth that usually filled the daytime hours. She was looking forward to winter in the glacier, though; it would be similar to the winters back home, and she couldn't wait.

As she explored the valley, she picked up a number of scents, the most important being the scents belonging to the many species of prey that obviously spent large amounts of time in this area. It was clear this vale would be a good place to hunt, and she was sure she would be spending a lot of time here. It also appeared to be a quiet place to go late at night when her family was asleep and she found herself wide awake and needing a way to pass the time. 

Coming to a stream, she lowered her head to the water and took the cool liquid into her mouth. Once finished, she lifted her head, small drops of water dripping from her muzzle as she scanned the area with her martial gaze, no movement too small to escape her notice.
Inuttuk
Common

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
The Golden Ghost escaped the clutches of the dark woods, their safety the only thing that had calmed him down for as long as he had been there. But there was little to hunt anymore, his scent so prominent that it sent critters running before he even got the chance to spot them. Staying in his bubble would not help him anymore. He had to move if he wished to survive. He had to move if he were to find home before winter.

The summer sun danced upon his bleak coat, rings of the same golden hue around his pupils, looking about for anything out of the ordinary. He recognized these lands from his time living in Easthollow. He had hunted a lot for the pack back then. For his friends... How he missed them. Though he couldn't tell them, he deeply valued the friendships he had build with them, but his wanderings and curiosity had led him astray. Now he couldn't find them anymore. Would they even recognize me? I am such a ghost. Invisible, invisible.

When he spotted water, his first instinct was to go and have a drink. Though the woods had some bodies of water, they were few and far between and he had always liked running streams and rivers better. He dipped his muzzle gracefully in the water, slurping it in instead of licking it up. Licking up water was quite hard without a tongue in one's mouth, but Calloon had learned to live with it. When he lifted his gaze, he spotted the female. Apparently the ghost wasn't so invisible as he felt and with a lowered tail he backed off a few steps.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki had frozen a the sight of the stranger, the only movement the twitching of her nose as she took in the male's scent. He smelled lone, so she was instantly on alert. She watched him silently as he took a drink, seemingly unaware of her presence. His scarred appearance spoke of a hard past, something she wasn't always sensitive enough to deal with properly. Her past wasn't pretty, but she used to it to make her stronger and did not always understand others who chose to deal with it differently. When he did spot her, his body language turned nervous. Taki was, to some degree, a little less high strung now that they were not on the move anymore, but their "claimed" territory was not yet established enough to offer them the protection she desired. She was never the best with strangers, especially nervous ones, her demeanor always coming off too abrasive, though it was mostly her fault. She was aware she could be quite the bitch sometimes, but it usually came from a place of anxiety, the need to protect her family constantly beating at her. 

She took a few steps towards the male, her body language assertive and confident, but not displaying any aggression. She was curious as to why he was here. She and Sia, along with their other packmates, had been diligently marking their borders that lied not too far south from here, so at this point, the scent markers would be strong enough to deter most lone wolves. Stopping far enough away from the stranger to give them both room to leave if they wished, she finally spoke in her accented common, You're very close to claimed territory. Is there something you need? Established or not, the glacier was theirs now, and she would do whatever she needed t protect it.
Inuttuk
Common

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Thought the female, too, sported a lighter coat, they were very different. His smaller frame and lack of muscles made him look almost more feminine than her. Not that he very much minded. He had never been and would never be a jealous creature. He was perfectly content the way he was, even with his scars and inability to speak. She had spotted him before he had her, and as she came closer he shrunk even more. I mean no harm. Why are strangers so set on coming closer. Afraid - confusing.

He had come from the North and had therefore not crossed their territory. If he had, it would've sent him fleeing in the opposite direction. The female, upon closer inspection, did carry the scent of others. Not Easthollow's, but still. Any home was good, for now. Perhaps he'd find his own someday. He simply couldn't live by himself anymore anyway. He was far too weak and humble to assert himself when it mattered. He whined at her question, slightly shaking his head. Am I lying now? Really? But I am truthful...

He pawed at the stream's bank. He had come here for a drink, he tried to make clear.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The male didn't answer her question, but seemed to get more nervous before finally indicating with a pawing motion towards the ground near the water that he was just here for a drink. At least, that's what she thought he meant. The fact that he hadn't answered her question irritated her a little bit; it reminded her of her first interaction with one of their recruits. This seemed different, somehow. Uki was clearly choosing not to talk out of whatever fears she had stemming from her past. Taki knew this because she had seen the female talking to Sia, so when she had attempted to ask the new female a few questions and got no answer in response, the meeting had gone down hill from there. 

To feel out the situation a little more, Taki decided to ask another question. You just came to drink water? she asked, choosing to confirm her reading of his body language. She didn't move any closer this time, sensing it made him nervous; she wasn't really in the mood to get into a fight with anyone at the moment.
Inuttuk
Common

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Calloon was anything but a fighter. He was a coward, he found, even though he was physically not very able to fight off anyone. He would've been killed a long time ago had he not joined his home, and he feared that he would be in the same dangerous position if he stayed a loner throughout the last bits of summer. To her question, he shrugged casually, hopefully confirming her suspicions.

He whined softly then with a questioning look on his face, nosing the air in front of the stranger. Where did you come from? You smell like others.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Taki studied him intently. Normally, she would dismiss a wolf like this; she just didn't have the compassion to deal with this shit, not with strangers anyway. For some reason, though, she found herself intrigued by the ashen male. Maybe it was her new leadership position in the pack, or maybe it was his willowy form that spoke of hardship; she couldn't be sure, but she found herself wanting to at least find out more about the other wolf. 

He looked at her, his expression questioning, and nosed the air in front of her. Taki got the gist; she probably smelled like pack. She nodded once. My pack has claimed the glacier south of here she said, lifting her head in the direction of her new home. They were still in the early phases, but the land was theirs as far as she was concerned, and if anyone came to dispute their claim, they would be met with force.
Inuttuk
Common

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Calloon, who went by many names, had always had his ways of getting into someone's thoughts and heart. The ghost was an interesting creature, though he dismissed this fact himself, full of compassion and justice. True of soul and pure of heart, he listened intently to the white beauty's words and as the word "pack" left her lips he knew The Wise Ones up above had planned another adventure for him. Apparently he did not belong to Easthollow after all, but with the warm-eyed female on the Glacier of the South she spoke of.

[Image: otmm.gif]

He pressed further - big, round eyes with the sparkling ring of gold glistening in the summer sun. It was easy to see he was hungry for more information and interested in what she wanted to tell.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She could see the want for more information on his face and in his fascinating eyes. Taki was reluctant to share too much information with outsiders, but she didn't see why she couldn't offer him some harmless details. I found the glacier while out exploring and brought my family back there to claim for our new pack, IkKanattuk. I'm the Malguk, and my older brother, Siarut, is the Atausiq, she answered, sitting down as she spoke. She realized after she informed the male of her and her brother's roles that he probably didn't understand their language. Quickly, she added, In common, my brother is Alpha, and I am Beta. 

As was habit for Taki, she inspected the male in front of her. His body held a lot of scars, and to Taki, that meant he was strong. She furrowed her brow in curiosity. Are you in need of a pack? she asked as her citrine gaze met his. She had already concluded that he smelled lone, so she thought it was a reasonable question to ask. Plus, she wouldn't turn down an able wolf who needed a pack.
Inuttuk
Common

GOLDEN GHOST
125 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She spoke many words, half of which he didn't understand, but at least he got an answer for his silent request. And not only from the lady of the South! Also from The Wise Ones, his Gods, that had planned his life before he was given life and form. They had answered his prayers for a home to belong to by bringing him to the snowy wolf with her setting sun eyes.

Calloon was only mentally strong. He could hunt and didn't stumble or fall all the time, but his nimble form, as fast as it might make him, was fragile, feminine and unstable. Still, The Ghost nodded his whitened head without hesitation, wiggling his grey tail behind his scarred butt. He wanted to join her, that much was certain.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Her offer seemed to please the scarred male. Taki nodded gave him a quick nod and said, Alright, then follow me. I'll take you to my territory and introduce you to my brother. She wasn't worried about what Sia would think; Taki was the harder one to win over, and it seemed he had already done that, although she wasn't sure how. 

She turned and headed towards home, glancing over her shoulder to make sure the quiet wolf was following. 

I'll make a joining thread in IKT :)
Inuttuk
Common