Whitefish River I've never been afraid of any deviation.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
All Welcome 
Back dated to 7/29

The sight of water was a welcome one. It was not the ocean that he loved, but it would do. Picking up his pace, he trotted into the river, dunking his head under once before coming back up and shaking the water from his face. It felt good to have wet fur again. When not out and about, Zig was usually swimming in the ocean and could often be found with a damp coat. He had been away from the coast for almost a week, and as much he loved to explore, he was starting to feel the distance. 

There were plenty of fish to choose from had he been interested in fishing, but right now, he was content with swimming in the cool water, occasionally dunking his muzzle in the water, enjoying the way it felt when the cool liquid spread over his face.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
she had only been inland once, where she had met the darkfurred boy. since then, erzulie had kept to ironsea's borders, ever diligent in her patrolling. the bay must be infused with new blood, and whom better to persuade a wolf to one's cause than a harlot?
amused, the chai-tea woman made her way before morninglight along the ridges nearmost the ocean, heading further and further away from it until she was engulfed by rolling terrain. making note of landmarks by which she might find a route home, erzulie nevertheless veered toward water with a powerful thirst on her tongue.
whom she found there was a man of her own, albeit one who had not been seen about ironsea for a short while. placidly she approached, settling at the river's edge to dip in her small forepaws and drink, watching her packmate parade in the freshwater tendrils.
[Image: F0ZZHqZ.png]
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
The scent of pack, his pack entered Zig's nose as he brought his head from the water once more. He turned to see Erzulie drinking from the river and, wagging his tail, moved to close the distance between them. Hey there, he said once he reached her, an excited glint in his ocean gaze. What brings you this far from pack territory? he added to his greeting with a lopsided grin on his face. Not that he wasn't ecstatic to see one of his packmates after being gone for a while; he was just curious. He was close to the coast, as he had been making his way back home, but he was still a good distance from Ironsea borders.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the man's smile was rakish, pleased; her plume stirred with an answering affability. "i could ask de same of you," she teased back, lifting her forepaws from the water and lapping droplets from her slim wrists. "have you been explorin', den?" the quartermaster inquired conversationally, shifting so that she might fully engage her packmate with the alert anticipation of her mismatched gaze.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig chuckled at her teasing. It was warranted. She probably strayed from their borders for much the same reasons he did--boredom and curiosity. I have. I was headed back to the sea, but couldn't resist the draw of the water here. He lied down in the water then but with his size, his head and neck were still well above the water level. It's been too long, he wistfully added a second later. It may seem a little dramatic, but he loved the sea; he had been near it his whole life, so being away from it for long periods of time was tough. It was difficult to juggle his love for the ocean with his love of exploring, but he usually found ways to deal with it, hence jumping straight into whatever body of water he came across while out scouting.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
he was charming, she decided, in an innocent yet rougish sort of way. erzulie decided on a whim to join him in the inviting waters; the current lapped at her sunwarmed fur and she felt herself relax. "did you grow up swimming, den?" the harlot asked of her packmate. she herself had not; it was something which had been trained into her.
presently, erzulie drifted closer to take zigzag's reply, had he made one; a plant from beneath the water brought her up in a startled and electric leap, eyes wide with a sudden and frantic expression.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig smiled at her question, dipping his face in the water and bringing it back out before speaking. I've been near some form of water my whole life, he answered as he shook the excess water from his face, remembering his pre-Ironsea life fondly. As far as he could remember, he had spent as much time as he could in some kind of water. In fact, it was weird to see him with a completely dry coat, his brown-black fur usually damp with sand clinging to the hairs in various places. Some would think that uncomfortable, but Zig felt quite the opposite about it. 

When Erzulie leapt up from the water frantically, Zig stood, alarm on his face. What's wrong? he asked as he moved to inspect her and her area for anything that might have caused her harm.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
the man grew close out of concern; erzulie fought the need to tense her body against his nearness. "a plant, or some udda t'ing. i am a fool, is all." an airy laugh as she decided to exit the waters. settling herself again on the bank, the harlot began to preen water from her fur.
presently the warmth of the sun lit her skin with a warm glow; the travel had been tiring and erzulie found herself rather exhausted. chuffing lightly to the man, to invite him alongside her if he so chose, the quartermaster settled into a half-doze, watching his form in the gentle pool.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He smiled and dipped his head when she confirmed she was in no danger. He watched her walk from the water, and when she invited him to join her, he moved from the river as well. He walked a short distance away from his packmate and shook the excess water from his coat. When he was done, he turned and walked back to Erzulie, lying down next to her once he was close. He didn't say anything for a few minutes, unsure what to say to the other wolf. Finally, he settled his ocean gaze on her and asked, How long have you been a part of Ironsea? He was interested in seeing what others though of his new pack. He had originally come to find Smokestep but decided to stay even after the change in leadership. He like their new Captain and thought she would do a good job. Not that he had any experience with leading anything except himself to the closest food, drink, or woman, but she seemed capable and intelligent. Those seemed like qualities a leader should have.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
small powerplay here

erzulie was not unused to the presence of men, but she did not welcome it. however, she was also wolf. when zigzag lay down aside her, the harlot turned from her grooming to begin a gentle preen to the back of his nape, smoothing the saltwater away. "abou' t'ree mon'ts," she answered, pausing to count in her head.
"long enough to see smokestep come an' go, long enough to see rosalyn become de captain." she smirked against the man's fur, then picked up the trail of conversation once more. "you be here longer den me, i t'ink."
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
The touch surprised him a little, but was very much welcome as it came from not only a packmate, but a woman. He closed his eyes as she continued to groom his wet, sandy fur. He never took the time to groom his coat, but he would never turn down grooming from another. She stated she had only been here for about three months, arriving just as the change in leadership was occurring. He opened his eyes and moved his cerulean gaze to her as she continued to work on his messy coat. That's about as long as I've been here too, he said with a small shrug. I came for Smokestep, but he left shortly after my arrival, he further explained. Then taking a risk, he reached over and made to return the favor and groom the damp fur on her neck. He wasn't sure she'd allow the action, but he tried anyway. If she wasn't open to the affection, he would most certainly stop.
1,689 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Medic
Master Guardian
fade with your next post? <3

smokestep. she wondered where the young corsair had gone, or if he would ever return. rosalyn had been left in charge, but her lover did not care for the circumstances. erzulie fought the instinct to tense when touched once more; she leant into zigzag's gentle preening and sighed. "de pack is small but strong."
little did she know it would soon be harshly tested.
a yawn split her jaws and she blinked apologetically toward the man. "i t'ink i might rest here, for a time." the invitation that he might stay near was offered quietly in her tone.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He agreed that the pack was strong despite its size. Zig didn't think he'd fit in well with a big pack anyway. When Erzulie stated she wanted to rest for a bit, Zig nodded. He did not miss her silent invitation, and with a yawn of his own, he rested his head on his paws and drifted to sleep. The closeness of a packmate was comforting enough that he felt sleeping here for a bit with her. When they woke, he supposed he would head back to Ironsea with her; he had been gone for too long.