Broken Boulder une chanson que tout le monde aime
warm and golden like an oven that's wide open
45 Posts
Ooc —
Private 

she looked very different from her siblings and, for whatever reason, that did not sit well with her.  @Brilliance was the most like her since both of their fur was, at least to her baby eyes, about the same shade, but brilliance had a new development that she did not.

it was like brilliance's beautiful dark coat was melting into mama and mali's.  around her face, white flecks had started to form that, at this age, were larger than they would be when she grew up.  when she first saw them solomon had tried to lick them off, but it seemed like they were there to stay.

117 Posts
Ooc —
solomon’s lick to her face isn’t met with a welcoming purr and instead pulls away, shaking a paw in front of her to shove her off. unaware of her change, and the reason behind her sister’s unwanted grooming, she barks loudly in her face instead. “aaahhhp!” she demands, smashing her paw to the ground before she shuffles away and wipes at her face with her own paw.
i just want to find a god
and i hope she loves me too
45 Posts
Ooc —

she has always been, ah, well, sensitive.  it is something she has unfortunately inherited from her father and also something that does not seem to be going away any time soon.  she draws back like bribby has slapped her and her tiny brows contort as her bottom lip puffs up.  

bu', bu' yook! she cries, presently incapable of remembering that brilliance cannot see how the white has started to melt into her beautiful black coat.  you gadda spawt, she accuses, pointing one tiny paw in the direction of brilliance's ... unsightly blemish.

117 Posts
Ooc —
brilliance’s brows knit together when solomon takes offense but she doesn’t register the upset as much as she might when she’s older. instead, she shifts the confusion to what’s on her and ear ears twitch, falling back. her eyes go all over the place as she briefly attempts to look at herself but the crazed look is short lived when it’s clearly futile. “quoi?” she asks, uncertain if she should panic or not. her sister isn’t… entirely freaked out, per se, but there’s something on her and it has Got To Go.
45 Posts
Ooc —

her little brain works as to how she might be able to make brilliance understand.  why doesn't she understand!  she has a spot and that means she's not like solomon anymore and that means that solomon gets to be alone!  and she doesn't want to be the only one that doesn't resemble mama!

she grappled with herself for a moment before making a face and storming out of the den, but not before she turned to look at her sister.  
comemon, she asserts, heading straight for the nearest puddle.  thankfully, the sanctuary had plenty of them.

she looked at her own reflection before pulling back, waiting for brilliance to see.... her
thing.

117 Posts
Ooc —
solomon goes quiet for a moment and brilliance stares at her. this isn’t what she wants to do. her nose wrinkles and she moves to turn, she’s got other things to do and her sister is just slowing her down, god! but before she puts her foot on the ground, solomon is quickly moving toward the exit of the den and her head lifts, watching after her. she doesn’t like leaving the den very much, remembering the last time delight carried her away—it’s hazy but she knows something bad happened—and she glances over her shoulder at their father. he’s not paying much attention to them so she follows after the dark puppy and toward the chosen puddle.

a look around her immediate surroundings is all she offers before bumping into her sister, correcting herself, and then angling downward to see her face. floppy ears pull forward and her eyes dart to the side at her solomon’s reflection, and then her face, and back to her own mirror image in the water.
45 Posts
Ooc —

see!  see!  she just knew it!  brilliance's small lips made a comical 'o' as she looked towards her reflection and back at solomon, and the brown girl's round bear ears pulled forward to match her sister's.  spooot!  she affirmed, wiping her own face where brilliance's new blemish was.  lookin' like malli.  not like solomon's!

117 Posts
Ooc —
huh. she hasn’t put much thought in how they look but now that it has her attention, she’ll never think about anything again! when her sister confesses she looks like their brother and not her, her whole world is thrown for a loop. does it really matter who she looks like? kinda like mom, actually, and looking over to see her sister rub her face, she realizes solomon kind of looks like delight. a lot to absorb, a lot she doesn’t understand, so instead brilliance stays silent contemplation.
45 Posts
Ooc —

she notices her sister's frosty and contemplative demeanor and silence overtakes the young girl. she relaxes slowly onto her haunches, dusky gaze casting in the direction of their reflections. somehow, someway, she is embarrased she brought it up. she swats a paw to break the liquid mirror she gazes at, casts an inscrutable look at her sister, and presses her short muzzle against brilliance's downy fur. they'd get through this together.