Mount Apikuni the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed
16 Posts
Ooc — slimestone
I wasn't sure how high up we were - and I also don't know much about mountains, we don't really have those here! - but I've made it so they're low enough that there's not much snow? :P
Desperation drove him up the crag, his stomach growling with every step. His pawpads were sore and tender, and he walked gingerly along the trail. He was not used to boulders and mountains, having spent most of his free adult life in forests where the floor was covered in rotting leaves. He had passed through a few stands of trees on his way up, but they were insignificant and pitiful, showing signs of some recent disaster that they were only beginning to recover from. It seemed that the local wildlife had a similar opinion to him, as they had not returned in any noticeable number to the thickets. There were likely some there, but Darkmoon did not have the knowledge to find them.
    In the failing light, it was becoming difficult to distinguish between the shapes of the rockface, each jagged slab taking the form of a tree, an elk, or a bear. So it was that when Darkmoon spotted the lounging wolf in the distance he was not sure what it was he saw, only that it was softer than the surrounding terrain. He drew closer to it to investigate, hoping he had somehow stumbled across a carcass in some lucky find, although he had seen no sign of large game around here. In his eagerness he did not take care to remain quiet or stealthy, and lose stones rolled from under his paws. He stepped on a particular unstable pile of pebbles, and as they slid out from underneath him he slipped, falling onto his shoulder. He cursed loudly as he fell, sheepishly picking himself up as he realised how much noise he must have made.
Messages In This Thread
RE: the man in black fled across the desert, and the gunslinger followed - by Darkmoon - November 01, 2018, 07:24 PM