Wheeling Gull Isle When we meet again
17 Posts
Ooc —
He'd come across a gal not too long ago that had said she'd seen a wolf that looked just like him following the coastline. That sounded just like something his brother would do, they both loved water. So he had travelled along the coast in the faith that he would eventually find Sock, he missed him and honestly being alone wasn't his thing. 

When he reached the island not only did it seem like a logical place to check out but he had also caught a whiff of his brother's scent that sent his heart racing. Once he set paw upon the sand he sat down, sniffing the air and lifting his muzzle to call out for @Sockeye.
18 Posts
Ooc —
Sock had made this little strand of beach his temporary home. Something had told him he would find his brother here, but he hadn't quite believed it until he was watching Steelhead's sorry form drag itself from the sea. Eel tipped back his head and howled, but Sock didn't waste his breath responding. Instead, he rocketed toward the water-logged male and tackled him right back into the waves.

"Finally found me, you old trout?" he grizzled, overjoyed to have the man's familiar scent back in his nares.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Steelhead had almost walked away to find a place to rest when he was tackled from behind and knocked into the water. His first reaction was to whip his head up and snarl before he caught the scent and heard the voice of his brother. He gave a joyous laugh and playfully shoved at his brother, tail going a mile a minute  "Damn right, you over enthused whippersnapper!" he retorted as he rolled to his paws and shook the water and sand from his pelt. Then he began to circle his brother, grinning "Looks like life's been good to ya, Sock" he said with warmth.
18 Posts
Ooc —
Sockeye wagged his tail, pleased that - likewise - Steelhead looked as though he'd been doing well enough for himself. "The weather's been good and the fish, plentiful," he agreed, stepping back to give Steelhead's cheek one final kiss before turning and dancing through the waves. "And this island isn't half bad, either. I think we ought to stay, if they'll have us."

He ducked his head under the water and fished out a seashell that'd caught his eye. "They'd got a little black shewolf as a leader. Cute, but she's an odd duck."
17 Posts
Ooc —
He nodded "Same here" he said and walked after Sockeye, simply reveling in the reunion. When he suggested to settle down already, he hesitated. He didn't want to settle himself to a pack right away, but he had to admit that this would be amazing. A place near the water would be perfect for the two of them. The fact that there was a woman here kinda intrigued him even more. He laughed openly, the sound of it full and boisterous a deep baritone of a laugh that was the infectuous type. "Odd huh? Ain't they all a little strange though?" he said though he did look thoughtful at this point.

He spotted something shimmering in the waves and nosed it out of the sand, revealing a pink and shimmery flat shell. With a smirk he gingerly picked it up and carried it off, depositing it on the sand. It would make a fine gift for a pretty lady if he came across one. "I suppose we can try and get in. If you think its a good spot, who am I to say no?" he said and shrugged.
18 Posts
Ooc —
"Not like this one, boy-o," he said with a shake of his head. He had never seen a wolf like the little black leader before, and he was fairly certain his brother hadn't, either. Of course, he was likely speaking of woman's propensity for madness. The dark leader was odd in that way, too.

"I think it is," he said of the island. "They've got fish and friends and a whole mess of kids. Good for a while at least, ain't it?"
17 Posts
Ooc —
His brother's reassurance that the girl was definitely a strange one made him even more curious and he simply snorted and grinned. Everything seemed fine and dandy until Socks mentioned kids. His nose wrinkled slightly and he looked antsy  "Yeah..well...kids aint really my thing Socks. They make me feel all awkward. I suppose...there really isn't much better of a place. I'll see if they'll let me in" he said working out the pros and the cons in his head. He supposed he could get used to kids if it meant a nice little nook by the sea with his brother.
18 Posts
Ooc —
Sockeye let out a huff of laughter. "No one says you've gotta play with them," he reminded the other male. He doubted the kiddies would be interested in a crotchety fella like Steelhead, anyway. The ladies? Well, they'd just have to see. "I'll fight them off you if I have to," he added, hoping to get a laugh out of the comment.

He hoped Steelhead would be happy here. Sockeye had been thinking a lot about their situation since they'd been separated, and he'd decided it would be good to have a home base of sorts that they'd know to go back to if they ever got separated again. That way he could just wait on a pretty island instead of searching the seaside for his slippery eel of a brother.
17 Posts
Ooc —
Steelhead snorted and nodded "Well if thats the case" he said with a smirk and then guffawed, his whole flank shaking with his laughter as he imagined Sockeye covered in a giant pile of writhing shrieking puppies to sacrifice himself so that he could get away. That was one of Steelhead's best qualities is when he laughed, he really laughed. A full belly, loud and deep sound filled with humor that could probably scare all the fish away from the island at the moment. When he finally sobered he approached Sockeye and placed his chin to the top of his head and wagged, giving a small sigh "I missed you brother. I'm going to go work on getting my wily bottom accepted into this pack" he said joking around and gently tugged at his brother's ear with his teeth before springing backwards and loping off.