Swiftcurrent Creek Can I join?
5 Posts
Ooc — LillyWolf
Joining 
Lunna steps along the creekbed, occasionally checking the air for scents of prey or other wolves. After a bit, Lunna lays down for rest, lying her head comfortably on top of her paws. Yawning, Lunna watches the gently flowing waters splash through the creek.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler had begun to entertain the concept of visiting the duckling more frequently. the process of language growth was pleasing to him in the same way that songnotes soothed his ears. there was a rhythm, a linear line much more easily followed. and to that vein he wished to add his own mother-tongue, if only to see how the pathways changed, or if they would at all. 
it was due to wylla's daughter upon his mind that mahler found himself hypervigilant. charcoal mask tightened in an inscrutable expression; he was off at a powerful lope, stippled hackles boar-stiff and head lowered. and when he came upon the ashwolf upon the bank, he thought only zu nah and gave a great snarl in her direction.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
5 Posts
Ooc — LillyWolf
Lunna jumps, startled. She looks over her shoulder at the large black wolf. "Oh, hi... I'm sorry if I've upset you sir." Lunna looks down at her paws. Lunna looks back at the large black wolf, watching him, trying to tell what he might do next.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler was less than pleased by the casual way in which the woman greeted him; he advanced slowly upon her. if the she-wolf was not daft, she would retreat. the bristling of his nape had not abated; it was the momentary lull before the gargoyle avoided the clutchings of control.
5 Posts
Ooc — LillyWolf
Lunna watches the large wolf come closer, his fur bristling. "I-I'm sorry... should I leave..?" She takes his cold glare as a 'yes' and backs away. "I am sorry if I've intruded on your territory. I, I guess I should leave then... bye..." She trots away, looking over her shoulder at the large, strong-looking, male wolf. "I am sorry for upsetting you." Lunna trots away from the creek bed, hoping that the black wolf wouldn't chase her.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Making some assumptions about location here (that Lunna has crossed over territory borders), hope that's okay?

"Wait," came word of the Alphess as the stranger began her retreat, ducking away beneath the gargoyle's fierce lilac stare. Durnehviir, having been observing an otter's feast on the river's edge, had been alerted by the scent of a stranger from downwind. One of her subordinates had happened across the unknown female first, and so she'd paused among the foliage to observe how he'd handle the situation.

The loner had crossed into their territory, and Mahler's response was to be expected. However, with their numbers having thinned over the past few months, she could appreciate that their borders might not be as freshly marked or protected as they should be. She'd be willing to listen to this one, she decided, since appropriate remorse had been shown. Durnehviir's tail swung proudly over her trim hindquarters, flagging dominantly to alert both her pack-mate and the sterling she-wolf to her rank, and rumbled softly as she closed the distance between them. 

"Who are you?" Durnehviir demanded of the unknown girl as she moved in alongside Mahler, "and why are you here?"
everything mortal fades away in time, but the spirit remains
5 Posts
Ooc — LillyWolf
Lunna looked behind her. "I'm Lunna, and I was exploring around, I didn't know that this was your territory, sorry..." She looks at her paws, "I'm sorry, I guess I just wasn't paying attention to any possible scent markers." Lunna smells the air. "Oh, now I can smell them better. Sorry, I should have been paying more attention." Lunna's tail and ears droop, and her gaze shifts down to her paws again.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
mahler can be skipped till ya need him again <3 just tag me!

were it mahler's choice, he would have driven her off immediately for her lack of responsiveness. it was ironic, however, given his own inability to comprehend social cues. yet when durnehviir approached on lithe limbs, her proud plume proclaiming her rank, mahler quelled himself and stood back, flanking his leader as he waited silently for the response of the stranger.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
Durnehviir listened quietly as the ashen stranger apologised again and again, for her mistake. Her brow furrowed as narrowed champagne eyes stared coolly into unfamiliar features, searching for any shred of feigned remorse but finding nothing of the sort.

She admitted to have been exploring the area, and she gave the crimson Alpha no reason to doubt her claim. Lifting her proud muzzle, Durnehviir pricked a ginger lobe and answered, "yes, you should have." Boldly, the slender leader stepped forward and flared her nostrils, breathing deep the other wolfess' scent to confirm that she did not carry the aroma of a nearby pack. "Let it be a lesson to you, and don't cross into claimed territory again or you'll find teeth at your hide."
5 Posts
Ooc — LillyWolf
Lunna looked up at the crimson and brown wolf, who stood proudly, Lunna assumed that she was a high ranking wolf in her pack. "Yes, I will pay more attention in the future, and I will not cross into claimed territory." Lunna looks over to the large black wolf, then back to the more slender crimson and brown wolf.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
posting again to keep this going <3

the stranger was warned; mahler looked on approvingly as the alpha female sternly inspected the stranger. he himself remained as he was; the trespasser would be chivvied away and he could resume his patrol. silently, he waited for the other's response, or an order from the dragonness.
252 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
The stranger uttered a promise that she would be more vigilant in future, and Durnehviir rumbled in response. Thrusting her ears back, the russet Alphess made to exchange a glance with Mahler as he lingered nearby - a silent request that he be sure their trespassers takes her leave.

She turned away then, moving from the scene without another word.

2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
he did as he was bid; not until some time after the stranger faded from view did mahler turn away, heading for another border. there he would mark and strengthen swiftcurrent's scent, and curse the fool who disregarded it once again.