Stone Circle Distract me
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
Valette sat by the stones looking over the herds down below. It had been a long time since she had been watching the bison from the Standing Stones. She had been quite busy with her youngest children. Plus she had taken on the care of Stark. She was not a medic by any means, luckily Steph was on her way to ask for advice, but she just figured to give him what she needed herself. Food and water. Stark wasn't improving but he wasn't really worsening either. The female sighed, realizing she wasn't really watching the herds. Her mind was wandering. She was worried about Stark.

Luckily, she didn't need to worry so much about her youngest children. Keen, Merrit and Arlette seemed to be thriving and for that she was glad. Arlette probably always would stay smaller but the white female looked as if she was doing everything the same as her siblings. Valette just hoped Steph would return soon from her trip to Morningside. In the meanwhile, she could use a distraction.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
From within the meadow, Greyback peered out into the open, his eyes catching on the familiar frame of Valette. She sat alone, watching out into the valley, to which he guessed was the bison. Greyback himself had sat there many times and looked at the strange creatures, trying to familiarize himself with their ways from afar.

"Lady Valette," His voice was soft, caring, hoping not to startle her. He walked closer, his large body standing behind hers; the sun beating down on his face and chest. He looked down, taking in her posture and flicking his tail. "Pardon my words, I don't mean to be frank- but you seem...troubled." Most wolves he knew preferred to be alone and reflect on places such as this, but he himself knew that reflection was a deep pool that looked shallow. What had Easthollow's leader been reflecting on? Was she drowning? He stayed still, awaiting her answer.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette's ear twitched back as she heard a voice. She had been so absorbed with her thoughts that she hadn't heard Greyback coming. When her name was called she turned her head. A smile turned on her lips when she saw Greyback approaching. She remembered how intimidating he looked when he arrived at Easthollow's borders, now he seemed nothing like that. She was glad they accepted the male.

"Oh, is it that obvious,' she admitted, looking slightly flustered. She then nodded and let out a long sigh. "My mate, Stark. He has been ill for a while now. Though he isn't worsening he is also not getting better," Valette explained to the male. "I'm just worried. I wouldn't want to go through losing a mate again," she admitted quietly. And that was not all, there was also her worry of her children growing up without a dad, again.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback gave his accustomed bow before joining her, sitting beside her; his shoulder slightly higher than hers. He had always were aware of his size difference to others, but when it came to sitting next to them the man always felt out of place. He gave a sigh, acknowledging not only her, but the exhaustion of the days events within his mind. Ira.

He gave a shake of his head at the alpha's flustered expression, there was no need for her to be shy.

"My mate, Stark. He has been ill for a while now. Though he isn't worsening he is also not getting better, I'm just worried. I wouldn't want to go through losing a mate again,"

Greyback looked down suddenly at her, his expression pained and sympathetic, but pity was nowhere to be found within his eyes. Loss. He so badly wanted to comfort the dusty brown wolf, knowing her pain all too well. "Lady Valette..," he nearly cooed, his mind running like cogwheels as he thought of how to continue.

He turned his eyes to the world, the valley leading to mountains that rested upon the evening sky. "Look," He nudged her shoulder gently with his paw before pointing forward. "What do you see?"

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette expected him to tell her that things would be alright. But Greyback didn't. He started with a title and name before pausing. The female turned her head to look at the larger male. Somehow they always came to talk about mates and their losses. Valette didn't mind to confide in more personal details with a packmate. It was good to have someone to talk to. She knew talking would make her feel much better.

Greyback asked her a question. It felt out of place but as she thought about it, she had a feeling that she knew what he was doing. "I see the plains of Easthollow with our bison herd. But also the beautiful purple mountains in the distance," she spoke and then side glanced at Greyback if that was what he meant. Their lands were really beautiful, especially with the bison back in their territory. They provided a lot of comfort as it meant a steady supply of food.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback's eyes followed Valette's. He watched silently as she took in the land in front of them, wondering what he meant. He was curious to what she would say, but it came to no surprise when she did.

"I see the plains of Easthollow with our bison herd. But also the beautiful purple mountains in the distance."

The man gave her a small nod as her emerald eyes turned to him. "That is correct, Lady Valette, but there is more," He lifted his nose higher; letting the smells of the land envelop him. He tried to think of how he phrased his next words to his friend. "The mountains do not break to the wind, and the sky does not change for a single individual. The streams will always run south...," He turned to her "These are facts,"

Greyback knew the challenges and heartache she faced as he, too, had been there. With the loss of Venicy he found himself unable to move forward for the longest of time. And when he did, there was always doubt. He faced the same fear of losing his mate when she was sick, and there was no doubt in his mind that Valette felt the same. "I understand your pain- I really do." He paused for a few seconds, letting the weight of his words sink in. "But... You are strong, you are capable, you will get through this. These are facts." He gave her a sad smile, his ears pulled down slightly.

"I pray for not only Stark's health, but yours as well." He knew the words he spoke to her were cheesy, but sometimes that's what others need to hear. "You have your friends behind you, the pack. You will never be without love and support, Lady Valette."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette knew that her answer had been stating the obvious but she hadn't been entirely sure what Greyback meant. She turned to look at him as he spoke. He stated also some obvious things as they were facts. She nodded in agreement with the male. However, then he continued. The male spoke about her being strong and capable. Valette felt flustered for a moment to get such compliments. For a moment she was at loss for words. The male was extremely kind.

"Thank you for believing in me, Greyback," she spoke after a brief pause. A hint of a smile turned on her lips. It was good to have someone believe in her. She knew Stark believed in her, and Steph as well. Her other children. The wolves that were in her pack and followed her lead. And of course, Greyback. He believed in her as well. It did her well to be reminded of that. She looked with a grateful expression at the male and dipped her head. "You are right," she agreed. He had excellent counseling skills.

Valette looked over the lands of Easthollow again. These are facts, she reminded herself. The female slowly nodded. "How are you doing, Greyback?," she then asked. This was after all not a one-way road in her eyes. She wanted to stay up to date on the life of her packmates as well.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched Valette get flustered and couldn't help but lift his head up and let out a big, belly laugh.

"Thank you for believeing in me, Greyback."

"No need to thank me, Valette." He spoke, dropping her title. Brynn's words reminded him that they were friends and that there was so need for such things. He still felt uncomfortable doing so, but knew it was how wolves around here acted.

At the sight of her smile he smiled back, he was glad to have cheered her up somewhat. He watched her with a fond expression, but like her, became flustered as she dipped her head to him. He didn't expect someone of her rank to bow to him, but snapped out of it once Valette asked how he was.

"How are you doing, Greyback?"

The man paused. He had not told her yet about Ira, he doubted she even knew of their relationship. He turned to her, a smile still on his face. "I am doing quite well, thank you for asking. It's just that...I found out one of our new members, Ira, is my lost daughter." He wondered if Valette remembered their conversation while she was pregnant; when he first told her of his mate and having to leave his children behind.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette had to disagree with him on that. Of course, she needed to thank him. She was glad for his company and if she didn't tell him, he would never know. The female lifted her muzzle a bit. "I do want to thank you because it was incredibly helpful to me," she spoke but with a more strict tone. She didn't want him to be too modest.

Valette opened her mouth in shock when Grey told her that the girl was actually his daughter. She remembered their conversation well. She felt bad that the male hadn't get to know his daughters but now he would have a chance! "Oh my! But that is wonderful," Valette smiled. Now she thought of it, they did look alike when she saw them standing next to each other. But she didn't want to say that at the time. "Did she came here to find you or was it a coincidence?,' she wondered.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Oh my! But that is wonderful. Did she come here to find you or was it a coincidence?"

Greyback looked to Valette with a grim expression. Of course, he was very happy that his daughter and him were reunited, but it wasn't all smiles and cuddles. He shied away a bit and shook his head once more to her. "I couldn't be happier to see my daughter again, I'm thrilled in fact! But..she came here to find me and ask me questions. I told her everything, and she's staying, but she hold animosity towards me."

The man let out a heavy sigh and looked down at the valley below, taking in the bison and their young playing together. "She has denounced me as her father." He stated. His heart felt heavy at the thought of his own flesh and blood hating him.

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette didn't expect such a grim expression from the male. She looked at him with a hint of worry. "Oh Greyback," she spoke. She knew all too well that daughters could hold a strong grudge towards their fathers. In fact, she rather stayed away from her own father instead of working on their relationship. Valette was quite done with that.

It was hurtful to hear that the female denounced him as a father. Greyback was so kind and wonderful. "Well, I am not speaking to my own father for abandoning us. And I don't plan to reach out to him sooner or later," she admitted to Greyback. "So, what I am trying to say is... that she came to look for you, and that she is willing to stay might give you some hope," Valette offered.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"Well, I am not speaking to my own father for abandoning us. And I don't plan to reach out to him sooner or later,  So, what I am trying to say is... that she came to look for you, and that she is willing to stay might give you some hope,"

The man listened to Valette, letting her words wrap him in comfort and nurture his hope. He understood that Ira was upset, and she had full right to after growing up with a lie. He could only imagine the pain she went through; believing she was full-blood only to bare witness to the ugly fact that the pack hated her for being of mixed lineage.

"Thank you, Valette," Greyback replied, his eyes still trained on the bison below. "I will continue to have hope and be there for her...After all, It's never too late."

Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head mostly to signal to him 'you-are-welcome' after he thanked her. Valette liked that they could consult each other. "I agree with that," she spoke. If her father had shown any effort in getting a better bond with her she might even forgive him. However, that never happened and he was still in that murderous pack so she didn't want to be associated with him.

"I think you are on the right track," she spoke with a soft smile. Valette then turned to look over the landscape. It didn't reveal all the answers but it did show her facts like Greyback told her. They had security and as long as they had that they could survive.

End here? Or after you post! Love this thread!!