Cedar Sweep Throw your hands up and pretend you wanna fight me
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Serem @Zula feel free to pop in! Recruiting/Meeting @Pixie. Feel free to assume ic discussion of Darkness Ridge has been done.

The reunion placed Nikan in a much better mood and so he lead the ladies away from the falls and on a search for possible wolves to claim as followers. They'd have to hunt soon, he was feeling quite hungry and he hadn't realised that he'd been without a meal for more than three days. 

It was hot out, the sun piercing through his thick fur and making walking a good distance hell for him. As they entered the Cedar forest he found a selection of large shady areas and plopped down with a groan. He was sick of the heat, he was built more for winter and surviving cold than he was for trekking through the heat. He'd have a stroke at this rate.  Turning to Zula and Serem he patted the ground with his forepaw "We can rest for a while" he said and then decided he needed to rephrase that "We need to rest for a while. This blasted thick fur is overheating me" he grumbled.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
43 Posts
Ooc —
The forest is not her forest.

This is abundantly clear from the uniform straightness of the tree trunks to the open, airy beauty of summer to the picturesque stream that wound through its heart like a snake. 

Even as the trio rested beneath the leafy coverage provided by the canopy; another prowled these woods. The bitch moved with neither hesitation nor unease, powerful strides confident as they carried her silently over the forest floor. A fierce grace propelled her movements - that of a predator who had little to fear; indeed, the witch was more accustomed with instilling fear.

Pixie found herself longing for the foggy gloom of her forest, the ensnaring creeper vines and the tangle of black tree limbs snaking overhead - blotting out sunshine. It was in the dark the witch most thrived, even now appearing strangely out of place amongst the sunshine and flowers. 

The femme had paused on fire-kissed toes, examining the recently abandoned carcass of some kind of feline, for there was something abstractly artistic to the way the fawn's chest just seemed to explode outwards...when the wind shifted. 

The witch tipped back her head, her palette flooding with the dark, woodsy scent of other wildlings like herself. She grabbed the infant ungulate ungently by the throat, unbothered by the scent or the taste. It had not corrupted yet, and the witch had eaten worse. 

The scent led her to a small grouping of only three - two females and a single male. Pixie did not show caution as she approached, though she did lower her head as she slunk forward - dropping the corpse unceremoniously before the male, who she assumed to be the leader based on his gender. 

The witch retreated a step from his umber form, throat bared deferentially as a low hum left it - nothing more than a placating sound of greeting. 

She turned mismatched eyes on the lot of them next, crooking a smirk in their direction as her eyes burned into them - questioning what they would do as much as she was testing them. 
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Have an Ethos!

Ethos was very into exploring. He was always into exploring when he was younger. Well, exploring was part of his former role as an assassin, which, in Ethos' opinion, was still his role. He felt he had a mission to fulfill his role as an assassin, he knew his father would be proud of him if he did. Ethos was just spending his time exploring Cedar Sweep, when he then noticed some wolves.

Wolves.

Ethos realized that maybe he'd have a chance at making friends...maybe. He headed over to a tree and peeked over, his blue eyes full of...no emotion. "Marhabaan-Hello." Ethos greeted, using Arabic as his chosen language at the moment.
Normal Speech|Arabic|Spanish
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
They hadn't been there for more than ten minutes perhaps when a female came, dragging a carcass toward them. Nikan lifted his piercing blue and purple eyes to stare her down, remaining still and silent as she dropped the meat at his paws and bared her throat. The gesture triggered within him the need to lead, the need to claim and he slowly rose up standing tall and tense above her. He regarded her in silence, tail slowly rising to curl above his back as he gave a low whuff the sound commanding. He approached her slowly, not threatening as he circled her leaning in close to gather her scent. Then he finally spoke "The carcass is appreciated, we won't hurt you. I am Nikan, that is Serem and Zula" he motioned to each of them in turn, returning to sit beside Zula in an almost territorial fashion.

He happened to look up and spot a male with blue eyes watching them. His reaction to this was much different, he curled his lips over his teeth in warning before lowering them again and regarding the stranger warily. When a greeting was given he gave a small inclination of his head "Hello. This seems to be a popular spot" he said, tone emotionless. He realised if he was to run a pack, he couldn't fight and attempt to murder every wolf he saw. This was his attempt at being social.
Warning: Nikan is a mature character and will have sexual and violent themes. Please be aware when joining threads.
43 Posts
Ooc —
before she makes anyone mad for clarification: Pixie is pansexual so if she has said something seemingly sexual or flirtatious about your toon, it's likely not serious and she'll probably end up hittin on all of y'all eventually

He merely watched as she dropped her prize before him, though when the act of what she had done seemed to reach him - he stood. 

Pixie swayed on her fire-kissed toes, as if a magnetic force tugged her towards him as he circled her. The girl practically purred as he examined her; not the least bit worried about being found unacceptable. His scent wrapped around her, the scents of all of them, dark and alluring.

"Pixie," came the word, whispered like a lover's promise. She doesn't bother responding to his promise of her safety; the witch has not been harmed by any man, ever. 

The possession was blatantly visible to the witch as he sat by the one called Zula. Her head rolled on its shoulder, peering at the pair curiously with a quirked brow. She found she could not linger long on her fascination with the couple, her mismatched gaze drawn to Ethos with recognition.

"Ethos," she murmured sweetly, sickeningly sweet, "you wouldn't be following me, would you?"
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Ethos' eyes flashed to the male, who seemed to be aggressive, but then eventually returned his greeting. If the other male, whatever his name was, had continued snarling and baring his teeth at Ethos, the phantom would literally return it, maybe even slaughter him or something. "Yes, I can see that." He said, tone also emotionless. Ethos usually always carried a face of no expression or emotion, along with a voice that hardly sounded like it had any emotion. Ethos felt he could only express emotion whenever he needed to. Then, a familiar voice made herself known, and Ethos came to realize it belonged to...her.

It was Pixie.

The same wolf who Ethos had encountered a day or so ago. "I'm not following you." He said, looking at the female. "I'm just simply exploring, and now look what I found." For once, Ethos did express emotion, and it was...delight. Delight was also expressed in his voice. "Are you all a pack, or planning to be one?" He then asked.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
The reaction the female had to him was something he hadn't experienced in quite some time and he returned his gaze toward her, lips quirking up into a smirk. Yes Zula was his but he hadn't claimed her in the way of mateship yet and even when he did, he would still be the type to claim many. He gave her an appraising look as she spoke her name, fitting for one such as herself and then turned back to Ethos. He watched the interaction between the two with mild interest before the man asked a question, one that Nikan had been hoping would come up in conversation. "Yes, we are forming a pack. Myself and Serem will be leading it" he said and wondered if he could possibly lure them in.

"We are looking for strong, ruthless but loyal members. Wolves who want a pack that will be powerful, wolves that want to gain a place in a pack through power and either gaining or taking respect. We don't want weaklings" he said staring straight at Ethos, eyes scanning over the male before he smirked. "I need strong men. Men who aren't afraid to do what is asked, even if it is something normally frowned upon." he saw some darkness in the cold, blue eyed man. He prayed he wasn't mistaken.
43 Posts
Ooc —
She can see interest spark in his cool gaze, an interest returned by the witch as she watched him go to his lover. Unfortunately, Pixie had never quite mastered keeping her paws off things that weren't hers. There's fascination in her gaze as it falls to Zula, wondering if the girl might share. She can imagine the kind of reaction the soft one would have to that and a wicked grin breaks across her face. 

Her interest was a piqued by his words, her mousy brown ears perking as her burning gaze again found Nikan. 

There's a challenge in his words - but not for her it would seem. 

"Pray tell, darkling, what of the fairer sex? Have you know need for strong and ruthless women?" It's she who might have circled him with predatory hunger now, but given his spot on the ground she settles for prowling closer - mismatched gaze locked on him with some dark intrigue. The one called Serem seems capable enough but the witch will not be dismissed so easily - Nikan has yet to meet a woman of her ilk and she intends him to know it.

Ethos is forgotten as she waits to hear his answer.
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Ethos was glad to know that Nikan and a wolf called Serem were forming a pack. He saw opportunity this time, and more interest sparked within him as Nikan explained. The pack could certainly use a wolf like Ethos, and a grim smile spread on his face, his white, shiny teeth showing. "You could use a wolf like me." He explained. "You won't regret it one bit." Ethos then sits down, his black tail curling around his paws, and he looks around, admiring Cedar Sweep.

He then resumes to asking questions. "How many members have you managed to gather up so far?" He queries.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Oh how foolish he had been to not include Pixie in the challenge, he knew all too well how powerful and evil women could be. His mind went to Kelina and Aeronwyn immediately beforw he focused his gaze back in on her, eyes sharp and keen as his smile turned into one of dark charm "I can always use women of shadowy nature. I find that they are always of use and sometimes the most dangerous" he returned, voice almost purring with delight. He liked her, she was mysterious and there was something dark and chaotic radiating from her despite the calm and sly outward demeanor. He held her gaze for a moment longer as Ethos spoke again and then quickly turned to him. 

He lifted his chin to give the male a curious but purposely doubtful look  gaze moving back and forth between Pixie and then back to Ethos"You two would be our first recruits but answer these first, the both of you: Would you murder for us if asked?" he stood and smiled, tilting his head to the side in a questioning manner "Would you kidnap for us if our members get low? Or would you mount a female not for love, but to produce a strong bloodline if I ask you to do so and one was willing" Then he turned his gaze back to Pixie "Or allow a male to mount you for the same reasons?"He swept his gaze down her body, a small surge of desire turning his gaze hungry as he fell silent, turning away from her and  locking his gaze to Ethos' in a challenging manner. He would most likely accept them anyway,  but he wanted to hear the answers first.
43 Posts
Ooc —
A smile of wicked delight breaks over her features as he resppnds, her gaze holding his own with an unspoken promise. This one she could have some fun with.

His optics slid from her to Ethos and she again remembered the dark man's presence. She shifted, released from the hold of Nikan's eyes, as he spoke to Ethos - her mismatched gaze falling on the one who had been so disturbed by her creation for the gods. 

"I believe you might have guessed this already but I'm not a woman to shy away from blood," she answers sweetly as he stands, her gaze flicking over him with the unspoken answer that she has killed and she has savored it. 

She did not bother answering his question of kidnapping, merely quirking a brow as if to say to you can do better than that. 

Ah, there it was. That teasing question that was supposed to frighten her. 

As he turns to her, hunger in his gaze, Pixie smirks up at him coyly - desire visible in the inferno of her mad gaze. "Perhaps if you asked me with a pretty please, darkling," she whispers, the words too soft to be for anyone but Nikan, as she leans on tiptoe. The words ghost across the shell of his ear and the femme pulls away, with only a teasing twist of her lips to betray her answer to him.

17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Nikan eventually started asking questions, about if Ethos would murder, kidnap, or mate. Yes, he would definitely murder or kidnap, but the last option seemed...a bit too vulgar. Nikan's explanation made sense, but why would there need to be very strong bloodlines? After pondering that for a bit, Ethos understood why. Strong bloodlines were important. I have to if it's required. He thought. Perhaps instead Ethos could maybe learn why this breeding thing was required. If this pack was based off of witchcraft, based off of what Pixie had done the day before, was breeding part of it? Ethos had no idea. Maybe he could weasel his way out of the last question, he didn't really know.

"Oh, I would definitely murder or kidnap." Ethos said darkly. The idea was intriguing in his opinion, he had been part of a pack that did that, but never breeding in the way Nikan mentioned. "I would do anything I am told to do. Similar...matters, were part of a pack I had formerly been a member of." Had Ethos said he would answer Nikan's last question? No. However, all he had said was that he would do anything, being he was a very obedient wolf.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Nikan felt a shiver run down his spine, his fur rising ever so slightly in it's path at Pixie's response. Here was a female he would want to help run things, one he knew would fit in quite well with the darkness that would be a part of his pack. He liked her words, he wanted her in his pack and she seemed almost perfect until that last little teasing flirtation. While it sent a wave of heat through him, it also seemed a bit too demanding.  He grinned at her, not a very warm or charming expression but a fang flashing and predatory one. "Unfortunately I'm not one to beg" he said eyes flashing ever so slightly in warning. 

The both of them seemed to be promising individuals, Ethos would make a good soldier for starters and Pixie...well he could see grand things coming her way. "Then if the two of you want to give your word, I think the both of you would do well and I would like you to join us. There is just one thing, I'd like to warm you of. Zula is mine. She is not to be harmed, harassed or touched in any way." his tone changed from being suave and charming to borderline demanding and fierce, eyes snapping to Ethos mainly.
43 Posts
Ooc —
It seemed she'd struck a nerve with that last remark - however unintentional. 

Pixie backs off a step, not quite intimidated but sensing that her close presence is no longer welcome. Her ears flatten in contrition - her throat bared subserviently as she moves to the side. 

The girl prides herself on the intellect she was gifted by the gods, an intelligence that is not squandered. She recognizes the true power here in the darkling and she intends to remain on his good side. "I wouldn't dream of asking you to," Pixie practically simpers, a servant seeking to placate her master after receiving the rebuttal of his disapproval.

She's but a devoted worshipper, seeking only to honor the gods and they've honored her in return for it's obvious now that the Coven was destroyed so she might find a greater calling with Nikan and Serem.

"My word was given with the fawn," she answers, as if it were ever a question for her. 

Nikan's warning is met with a nod - though it's not meant for her. She had no intentions of harming his prize though there's something wistful as she glances over the girl, thoughts of sharing fading with Nikan's insistence that he be the only to touch her. 

No matter, she turns to back to glance at the sinister male she's become so interested in with a small smile - thinking she might find someone in this pack at least to have some fun with.
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Ethos was glad to hear both he and that female, Pixie, had both been basically accepted into the cult pack. He saw an opportunity to prove himself and basically live his life the way he wanted to now. He nodded as Nikan said not to touch, harass, or harm one wolf, Zula. Ethos would do anything no matter what the cost was. If it was a packmate, he'd do anything to protect them and serve them.

He had done it before in his previous pack, a tribe. "Got it." Was all he said obediently.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Nikan was pleased and satisfied by the way the woman bared her throat and gives a subservient response. He could recognise the cunning in her however, so he knew her submission was only to please him, not because she truly meant it. This was somehow twice as pleasing as if she simply submitted out of fear. His lips fell back over his fangs and he smiled, eyes shimmering in a way that showed he relished in his newfound power. As they both pledged themselves and agreed to his one rule about Zula, he couldn't help but give a few slow wags of his tail. "Then welcome to the beginning of what shall be Darkness Ridge. I am pleased to have you two as our first recruits" it was a compliment which was highly unlike him, but it was genuine. "Now. Let's all share this Fawn and get moving again." he said.
43 Posts
Ooc —
It seems her devotion lay not only with her gods, but with Nikan as well. 

She'd found a reason to follow and her fanatical worship extended to the darkling. Her subservience seemed preferable than fear - if the gleam in his indigo gaze meant anything - which was beneficial for her anyways. She had no doubt Nikan could, would hurt her but she intended on making sure he had no reason to. 

She nodded in response to his compliment, a hint of true affection simmering in her mismatched orbs, sensing that he didn't offer them so readily. 

Once beckoned and offered a place to eat, she would take her portion of the fawn she'd been so entranced by. Following this, Pixie would fall in with the darkling's followers to examine them.
"This thing of darkness I Acknowledge mine."

SERPENTINE RAVINE
17 Posts
Ooc — IndianaServal
Away
Ethos was glad as he felt he had finally found something to help him be not so solitary. Darkness Ridge was an interesting name for a pack in his opinion, and he began to eat the fawn, getting rid of his hunger. Blood filled his mouth, and it only made Ethos hungry for blood and killing himself.

Ethos would stop eating eventually so the others could have their fill. This was his pack now, he'd do anything for them, ask him, and that also included sometimes letting others eat the most before him.
222 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Nikan watched them eat first, nudging Zula to do so before him and also nodding to Serem so she could eat as well. Once everyone was done he took his place and ate his fill of the remaining meat. When his belly was full he stood up and shook out his pelt "We'll move onward, find a place with water and then take a day or so of rest." he said though he looked unhappy about moving through the heat. Even with his summer pelt he was hot as hell. Motioning for them to follow he began to head off, confidence displayed in the way he held himself.