Stavanger Bay Men and mascara always run
Fear is the heart of love
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Pack Activity 
pack hunt!!! This could go horribly, Rosalyn doesn't know a thing, wahoo!

Well, here goes nothing.  Rosalyn eyed the herd warily, having howled a short time ago to summon those interested.  The deer perked up at the sound, but it was distant enough that the lush grass at the border of their territory was more attractive.  Good.

They would need at least three or four, she imagined, and she hoped as many were here.  If not, it may not be worth risking an attempt.  Silently, she waited, willing the prey to stuff itself into negligence so that the chase would be all the easier.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig was deep in the water when heard the captains call. He had only been home a couple days and had spent most of that time in the ocean having missed it the most while he was gone. He swam towards the shore and walked from the water, shaking out his coat once on the sand. He then turned and made his way in the direction of the call. 

He found Rosalyn watching a deer grazing near the border of their territory and gave a quiet chuff as he approached to stand beside her. A group hunt appeared to be the reason for the summons, he thought as his ocean gaze tracked the deer's grazing in the distance. He had not hunted as a group in a very long time but was willing to offer whatever help was needed. Plus, the scent of the deer wafted towards him at that moment, and the tantalizing smell alone was enough to get him on board this hunt.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
Zigzag showed up, and she cast him an appreciative look, but no others seemed around or willing.  While a small part of her was relieved, a larger was slightly put out.  

"Not sure tryin with two is a good call," she said quietly, sidling over so she stood closer. Her eyes took in the herd longingly; she'd been lookin forward to getting a piece of those deer.  But she wasn't quite willing to risk it when the chance of success was so low.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Zig was a little disappointed than no one else answered the captains call but not all that surprised. He shrugged at her words. Whatever you want to do, boss, he answered, keeping his voice down so as to not startle the herd in the event the captain wanted to attempt the hunt anyway. He was a little rusty with large game and wasn't very confident this would go well, but if she wanted to try and take one down, he would certainly help her out. Regardless of what happened, it was sure to be fun. It's been a while since I hunted one of these, but I'll help ya out if you still want to give it a go, he added a second later with a grin.
1,970 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Warrior
Ranger
Master Ambassador
gonna go ahead and close this out to bring her up to date <3 if you keep him around maybe they can run into one another again!

She was sorely tempted... but it wouldn't be smart.  The deer were all near full grown this late in the season, and all hale.  She couldn't pick out a weak link, and didn't really want to attempt.

"If we had one more I'd test it, but maybe we ought to try something a little easier."  She said with an apologetic grin, turning away from the herd.  It was a challenge, but she didn't want to risk either of them gettin taken out of commission.

If he wanted, they would go together and rustle up something smaller.  If not, she'd head out on her own towards the eastern border, see what she could see out there.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
Sure thing! I'm not sure what I'm doing with him, but I'm sure he'd love to see Roz again if he sticks around.

Zig nodded in agreement. You're probably right. Two of us isn't enough to bring one of those guys down, he said with a shrug. It would be a fun chase but in the end, it would just be a waste of energy and time and could potentially lead to one of them getting hurt. He didn't feel bad about much, but he would certainly feel bad if he was partly responsible for the new Captain getting injured attempting a hunt that was clearly too much for only two wolves.

With a polite bow of his head, he said, I think I'll head back to the ocean and see what it has in store for me today, his fondness for the sea apparent in his tone. He gave her a lopsided grin and turned to leave her to her day unless she had anything else to add.