Heron Lake Plateau We can just dance to this
THREADS: 1 / 1
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
All Welcome 
"This one is goldenrod," Fiadh explained, indicating a cluster of fine yellow petals beneath an oak tree. She glanced at @Clover as she explained, furrowing her brow; her sister was helping her study, or something like that. "Uh, I can't remember what it does," she admitted, to which Clover arched a brow and said, "didn't you say it was for mouth problems?"

"Right!" Fiadh said brightly, shaking her head and snorting like a mule. "For mouth and throat problems and infection," she tacked on. It was easier to remember things when she had her litter mate to jog her memory. How was she ever going to remember all of these things without help? Furthermore, how was she ever going to remember every detail and every use and every malady in an emergency? It seemed altogether too much, but Fiadh was nothing if not one to rise to a challenge.

"Ah, let's stop," she said, gently swiping the goldenrod with a paw and rising to stretch her shoulders. "'Kay, gotta go anyway," said Clover, waving her tail in farewell. Fiadh smirked after her sister's backside, silently wondering what her smaller sibling was up to, but decided not to ask. Ever since Screech's departure Clover had been in simultaneously high and low spirits. Fiadh didn't get it, but she was sure there was a good reason. Stooping to pluck the plant, Fiadh turned away from the woods and headed vaguely in the direction of Raven's den to drop it off.

For @Colt!
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Starr, feel free to still pop in with Colt! :)

After recently replenishing the cache nearest to the Alphas' den with a rabbit -- which he had flushed out of the warren he and Quixote had discovered some time ago -- Elwood was planning to head back towards the rendezvous site, maybe to spend time with his children. Even if Tywyll and Cinder didn't want to do anything with dear old dad, there was always the chance he would run into the older offspring. A small smile pulled at the corners of his lips as he reflected on just how lucky he was to be surrounded by his family.

That grin only grew when his gaze lit on Fiadh, heading toward Raven's den with a mouthful of yellow flowers. "What've you got?" he asked when he was within earshot.
Ghost
I still don't get it right sometimes · I just don't get it as wrong
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
I love that I just remembered this and couldn't find it bc I was expecting 0 <3 sorry for the wait! Vacation threw me

Funnily enough, Colt was just heading away from Raven's when Fiadh and Elwood approached.  He'd been planning on buzzing by and sayin hi, but changed his mind because who knows why, he kinda felt like hunting instead.  Colt's goals tended to shift depending on what sort of way the wind blew, so to speak, and he didn't tend to bother sticking with a plan.

When he spotted Elwood, though, he changed again.  It had been a while since he'd caught up with his sister's mate, and honestly he still wasn't sure what to make of him or how he himself viewed Colt.  No time like the present to keep the ball rollin?

"Hey," he said to both, but didn't want to continue and track off whatever conversation they were having.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie
She wasn't expecting to come across anyone on her way to Raven's herb store, so she was pleasantly surprised to meet not one, but two family members en route. Elwood was first and she dropped her bundle of flowers to grin at her father. They didn't spend much one on one time together, but she still adored him. His calm, levelheaded approach to things was what Fiadh aspired to... if only she didn't also have Finley's genes and the temper to match. "Hey dad, sup? It's goldenrod for Raven's medicine den. It helps infections."

Colt's arrival was quieter, but she fixed her brunette uncle with a triumphantly pleased look all the same. "Hiya, uncle Colt," she said. "Whatcha up to?" When both had presumably had time to answer her hastily asked questions, Fiadh glanced between them and asked, "are either of you good with medicines? I'm sort of supposed to be studying, but Clover had to leave."
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
Elwood's gaze shifted from Fiadh's face down to the plant jutting from the corners of her mouth, which she quickly set down and then identified as goldenrod. He was not a medic by any means and had very little knowledge of flora, but "goldenrod" sounded somewhat familiar. He had surely heard of it in passing at some point in his five years of life, and he was about to ask Fiadh to tell him about its uses when they were joined by Colt.

He looked to his brother-in-law with a ready smile. While there had been some tension between them briefly during Towhee's stint as Alpha, Elwood had never harbored any hard feelings against Finley's brother. In fact, he was especially pleased that Colt had stayed with the Redhawks as long as he had, considering his history of wanderlust. He bobbed his head in a friendly wordless greeting, then returned his attention to Fiadh when she directed a question at both Blackthorn males.

"Not really, but I'm sure we can figure out a way to help you study," he replied, giving a good-natured shrug and glancing at Colt to see if the Eta was up for it as well.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Elwood answered, but Colt shook his head at his niece's question.  "Nah, can't even tell any of that apart all that well.  Sorry kid."  He was interested to see what Elwood came up with though, and wouldn't mind helping if there was a way despite his zero knowledge.  "Was just on my way to do nothin much important."  He grinned. "So if I can help, I'm down."

He'd been a little lax in keepin up with his sister's kids lately, but seems everyone had been busy with so many pups about.
PLAYER PREFERENCES
154 Posts
Ooc — Chelsie

Turns out neither her father or her uncle knew enough about medicinal plants to lend much of a hand, but their willingness to help made Fiadh beam at them both. She really had no idea how to study with the aid of two wolves who had very little knowledge on the subject. The best way was just rambling off things, but she already had @Clover for that; her sister was no doubt learning something from her even if she didn't want to be. Somehow, droning on and on about plants to uncle Colt and Elwood seemed less appropriate.

"Uh, maybe we could..." she chewed on her lip and turned in place, casting about for anything that might help. Then it hit her—or, well, it was the best she could come up with. "Why don't you guys find a plant and bring it back and I'll have to identify it and teach you what it does?" she thought. There were definitely some flaws in this plan of hers, like Elwood and Colt being unable to verify if what she was telling them was right, but she couldn't think of any other way.

"Unless one of you has an idea that might work better?"
2,313 Posts
Ooc — Kim
Tracker
Master Guardian
I chose lavender hyssop from this list!

Fiadh's idea elicited a bob of Elwood's head. It sounded like a good plan to him, despite the fact that he and Colt wouldn't be able to confirm if Fiadh's guesses were correct or not. Even so, it would provide an opportunity for her to draw on the information she already knew, and he supposed that if they somehow managed to stump her, she could always take the plant in question to Raven later for clarification.

"Sounds good to me," he agreed promptly, and started to turn away from his daughter and brother-in-law. "Be right back," he said over his shoulder, tossing a smile their way as he then lowered his snout to the ground and began to shuffle along slowly. His gaze roved over the grass, searching for something to pluck from the ground for Fiadh to identify. After a few paces, a clump of shrubbery drew his attention, and on further inspection he spotted stalks of purple petals. Carefully, he plucked one such flower from its stem and began to make his way back towards Fiadh and Colt.

When he returned to her, he placed the flower at her feet and took a step back. "What about this?" he asked, excited to see his daughter demonstrate what she had learned.
Ghost
692 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Mediator
Colt also obliged willingly, heading off to find his own bit for her to identify.  They both played the game, and while neither could really verify her guesses, he liked to think it gave her a bit of practice! He admired her attention to the trade; she'd no doubt make a fine healer someday.