Duskfire Glacier howl down your babel moon
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Nanook, maybe?

As the children get older—now fully weened—she can spend more time away from them. Not, of course, that she wants to. Her anxiety keeps her close but she knows the progression of childhood and she does her best to keep herself prepared. Pushing herself a little longer away from them each day seems to help but she’s excited to return to them, wishing to keep them close to her breast a little while longer. She barely produces anything anymore and their more tender than not, making it easy to dissuade them but it leaves an ache in her chest she worries will never go away.

Now, she explores the reaches of the glacier she has not experienced as much and finds the frozen lake late one evening. The sun is far enough down, there’s only a glow of the ice beaming from illuminating sky. A breeze rolls through, rustling her fur, and she feels the chill she’s all too comfortable with and has missed for some time.

A loud crack! sounds in the distance and she darts her eyes over the broken piece of ice, breaking free. Her head stretches for a better look but she knows better than to get too close just yet. Instead, she sits on her rump and looks up to the expansive sky and listens to the quiet night exist around her.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
you are loved, you are loved more than you know
354 Posts
Ooc — Jaclyn
Is it cool if we set this before Nanook and Siarut leave on their scouting trip? (:

She is going nowhere important when she crosses a familiar trail, alone and far from where the scent usually centres. Shivali, and the memory flashes again, distorted and provoking - the blur of sharp fangs and a smear of white, and she feels that familiar tremor of heat through the core of her chest. They remind her of the night her parents separated, and of the ferocity she has felt inside herself. It is a place Nanook does not wish to dwell.

Yet she wishes to know this sister, and the mother of her brothers and sister, and if there is anyone she dishonoured most with her unbecoming arrival, she was sure it was Shivali. No one could fix this except herself, and the longer she stayed away, the worse her avoidance would become. And so, despite the anxiety wooing her away, Nanook presses onward until she comes upon the woman near the cusp of the lake, bathed in moonlight.

She pauses, uncertain in her approach and quieted by the crashing ice. At this rate, the lake would thaw just in time to freeze again, and she considers saying this as a point of entry. Instead, she glances to the sky, and remarks, "Sagittarius shines brightly tonight." Even before she's finished, she's uncertain, and wishes to have tried some other words. Who could say if the woman is acquainted with the stars, or even at all interested in them? By the tip of Shivali's head, Nanook assumes that she might at least be watching the sky, and she tries to grasp at some assurance in this.
with every heartbeat I have left
I will defend your every breath, I promise
I'll do better
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Her days in Blackfeather Woods compare nothing to those in Ikkanattuk. She knows so little about her former pack mates, except for Kove, and there are wolves here that want to be part of their family. They aren’t all after to get her or her children, finally able to shed the anxiety but somehow she still clings to it. Perhaps because a relative lives among them, someone her older brother seems to trust for whatever reason.

As Nanook approaches, one ear twitches in her direction but she does not look away from the sky. Only when she speaks does the mother turn her head and peer over her shoulder, then back toward the sky to see if she can figure out what she’s talking about.

“Which one?” she asks when she gives up. The sky has been something pretty for her to look at. She can find her way home by the sky, for the most part, but the studies behind them have been lost over the years when their family separated themselves.

Very briefly do they talk, though Shivali does not have much to say. She'd come out for peace and perhaps the woman notices and accepts that before departing on her own.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep