Blacktail Deer Plateau There's a humming in the restless summer air.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 
@Grezig @Liri forward dated a bit?

His patrol had been quiet this morning, the only sounds were the running water of the stream that went through the middle of the plateau and the various birds singing their morning songs in the trees. The territory really was beautiful, and the longer they were, the more attached he became to it. He had business to attend to this morning, though. He needed to have a conversation with Liri and Grezig.

This conversation had, frankly, been a long time coming. Grezig had been with them from the beginning, had proven time after time that she was loyal, and had helped build their ranks and offer protection. It only made sense that she would help he and Liri lead the pack. He had been thinking about it for a while now and had even mentioned it to Liri some time ago who appeared to be on the same page. So, as he took a seat on the forest floor, he tilted his head back and called for the two females.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig had to admit, the constant sound of the burbling stream was rather soothing. And she loved the way the trees broke out into a large, beautiful field with a view for miles around. She had thought that nothing would beat the beauty of the Vale, but the longer she stayed here, at the Plateau, the more she loved it. Which was strange. Grezig was not a sentimental wolf. Perhaps the other more emotional pack members were getting to her. Eugh. Well… she supposed there was no harm in admitting that something was pretty to look at. Elixir would be proud of she thought, as she remembered the day that the wolfdog had tried to get her to see the beauty in things.

She heard the low howl and heeded it immediately, turning her paws in the direction of Kavik. She wondered what he would have to say to her today. Their conversations were usually quite straightforward. Perhaps he was giving her some job to do—patrolling or something (not that she didn’t already do that)? She made her way deeper into the forest and found him sitting calmly there. “Morning,” she called out shortly, and then closed the distance between them, sitting down.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She found herself attached to the plateau in a way she hadn't been to the Vale - though this might have been because it was unclaimed and had no bears. Still, there was something charming about having the tiny corner of mountain to themselves; the forest that gave way to a precipice that overlooked the edge of the Flatlands. Already she'd begun to think of all of it - the plateau and its stream, the forest and the herd of deer that frequented it, its footpaths and the grass lands where the deer grazed - as theirs. 

When she woke, the healer had set off to patrol - marking a border for others wolves to know the place had been claimed seemed most diligent to her. But as she suspected, it was a quiet morning under the shade of birch and pine trees - the only disturbance the cry of birds and unexpectedly, the call of her mate. 

With pricked ears, the sylph dropped onto three legs - she'd been reared back, clawing at a tree trunk - and loped towards the noise. Given that Kavik had also called for Grezig, the healer had some inclination what it was about. She smiled excitedly as she wove through the trees, her tail already beginning to wag with exuberance.

When Kavik and Grezig came into sight, the fae wuffed happily in greeting before moving to sit by Kavik. She settled comfortably at his side, glancing back with knowing dark eyes. 

"Good morning," she greeted them both, unable to keep the excitement out of her voice.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
It wasn't long before Grezig came into view, and he returned her greeting with a nod. His mate followed soon after, and he could sense her excitement, which meant she had guessed the reason he called them here this morning. He met Liri's happy greeting with a wag of his tail as she came to take her place at his side. 

He looked at Grezig then, and with a proud gleam in his emerald gaze, he said, Grezig, you have been a vital member of our group pretty much from the beginning. He remembered one of the first nights after she had joined them, they had patrolled together and discussed pack business, and how he had known then that she would be an important part of their pack. Liri and I are beyond grateful for everything you have done for us and the pack, he added with a bow of his head.

He looked to Liri then, smiling and nodding at her to indicate she could continue. He thought she might like to say the official words.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Liri showed up soon after Grezig and Kavik greeted each other, and came to sit at her mate’s side. Grezig said good morning to her as well, and then waited. Kavik was looking at her with a kind of gleam in his eye, and she was quickly wanting to get to the bottom of this meeting. 

’Grezig, you have been a vital member of our group pretty much from the beginning.’

Grezig bowed her head at the words, a tiny smile gracing her lips.

’Liri and I are beyond grateful for everything you have done for us and the pack.’

“Thank you,” Grezig said quietly, keeping her gaze lowered because she felt humbled by the words. She wondered where this was going, but she had a feeling deep down that she knew…
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
When Kavik trailed off, his words having caused Grezig to duck her head, Liri glanced to him momentarily in confusion before realization struck her. (She was not very cut out for the public speaking part of leadership, she decided) With a hurried, panicked look she straightened and smiled at their first recruit. 

"Yes. You've more than proven how important this pack is to you."  She knew Grezig's loyalty lay with their idea, their pack. It didn't matter if it extended to the Alphas, Liri didn't want unwavering loyalty. She wanted someone who would look her in the eyes and tell her when she was failing. 

"We'd like you to be our Beta," she blurted, "though the choice is yours. It's a lot of responsibility but there's no one we'd rather have beside us." There was something more than loyalty and approval in her dark gaze, perhaps pride or the beginnings of friendship.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
When Liri finished speaking, Kavik bowed his head at Grezig. We know you be fair and just Beta, and would be honored if you accepted. His mate had said everything else that needed to be said. Grezig was loyal and honest, and would be an asset to the leadership ranks. All that was needed now was for her to accept their offer. She had every right to turn it down; it was a lot of work and responsibility, but he hoped she didn't. Kavik's eyes watched her expression, then, as they waited to hear what her answer would be.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
@ Liri/Genevieve -- Hela said we can wrap this up without her since we're gonna use this to submit for pack ... official...ness... what are words? And she won't be able to post all day tomorrow (the 18th).

Liri continued where Kavik had left off, telling Grezig that she knew how important this pack was to her. And then… ’We’d like you to be our beta.’ There they were, the magic words. Grezig smiled wider, though she tried hard to keep a straight face. She compensated by keeping her head down, staring hard at the ground as though there were something fascinating between her paws. Liri went on to say that it was, of course, Grezig’s choice as to whether she accepted the role. The earthen woman nodded to show that she was listening. 

Kavik piped up with his own words of praise and Grezig’s head lowered even farther on its own. Stop, she thought to herself, though she didn’t dare say it aloud. It was a great honor she was receiving, but all the excess praise made her blood boil—not in anger, but embarrassment. She hated being in the spotlight like this. Small, quick praises were enough for her, not lavish and long-winded speeches. 

Finally, they were done speaking. Grezig stared at the ground for a few more seconds, gathering her thoughts, and then lifted her head to address her alphas. “Thank you,” she said simply. “I appreciate your words. I am honored by them, and by your decision. I will accept the role of beta, and work to serve this pack as best I can.” She was done, not seeing a need to speak more than this. She looked between them expectantly, pride and gratitude in her brown eyes.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
sorry for the wait on this, OOC life snatched me away

Liri turned to Kavik as he added his thoughts to her own and then to Grezig with anticipation. An overjoyed smile appeared on her features as their first recruit accepted, her tail wagging gently. 

"Thank you," she insisted, relieved to know that she had Grezig to rely on. The woman was steady, capable, she would be a great help. She thought then of Minna, who had been equal parts sister, Beta, and friend. She wondered what had ever become of her brother's wife and whether she was happy now - perhaps in another pack with another husband, serving as someone else's Beta. 

The fae shook her head slightly, attempting to physically dislodge thoughts of the past. She would not allow them soil her future, their future. "I know you'll do well," she murmured, with a touch of pride, nudging the Beta on the shoulder affectionately as she moved to depart.

963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He was grateful that Grezig had accepted the role of beta; she offered a different perspective that would be helpful in future pack business. Plus, he was beginning to consider the wolf his friend, and it was comforting to have a trusted friend to help them keep watch over the pack. Kavik nodded at Grezig's acceptance of their offer. I have no doubt that you will, Grezig, he answered, as he watched Liri begin to walk away. I'll leave you to it, then, he added as he turned to follow his mate.
I'm no good without you