Blacktail Deer Plateau "How it bathes on her soft skin"
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
anyone who might want to learn a bit about healing?

The healer had already begun to notice a variety of medicinal herbs  just waiting to be collected all around the territory. Autumn would be approaching soon and the cold months were just around the corner. It was for this reason the healer was up so early, it was practically the crack of dawn if the light at the edge of the world could be believed. 

The sylph's usually neat, pale coat had been turned a ruddy, rusty color with dirt. Her paws ached and her legs ached and gods, her back ached. She'd dug several caches already, lining them with stones along the outside to keep animals and thieves out alike. 

Several larger ones spoke of being used for prey while smaller cairns sat at the ready for Liri's medicines. 

She was about knee deep in dirt, digging away wearily at yet another cache as the sun came up - blinking at the sudden orange light as she kept on digging.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Wraen had not asked Rannoch, if he had set a "tail" for the pack of wolves they had met in the Northstar vale and she had forgotten about them altogether, when - first - she run into a bear in the same place, and - second - she had gone scouting for few days on the other side of the valley. Therefore the fact that she had decided to spend the day in the flatlands and happened to run into the pale leader of the group was purely coincidental.

She watched the once-white wolf working diligently on what seemed to be a storage place of some sort, and before making her presence known, Wraen lifted her head and sniffed the air, as well as listened, if there was anyone else around. There were not and thus encouraged she drew closer, announced her presence with a quiet "wuff" and then asked: "So, you decided to settle here with your pack? A good place, rich in history."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
She might have jumped if she hadn't grown so accustomed to Kavik appearing silently behind her. She turned her head at the noise, expecting to see one of her wolves. She blinked in surprise when her gaze instead landed on the Sunspire Beta, Wraen. 

Liri could not be sure how she felt about that. On the one hand (paw?) it seemed vastly hypocritical to be so offended when another group appeared in neutral territory near your pack...and then just show up in the new place they planned to claim. Yet, she reminded herself the irritation she felt was reserved for their Gamma and not the whole of the pack. 

The healer worked this over in her head, and lifted herself from the shallow hole - approaching - with no sign of animosity visible on her face. 

"Hello, again," she called out as softly as she neared on dirty paws, tail wagging with welcome. "Yes, it seemed like an excellent place. I'm quite fond of it already," she smiled, sitting on her pale haunches as she cast an admiring gaze on the birch and pine forest. It was beautiful here, living on the edge of the mountains.

"I didn't know there was any history to this place," she responded curiously, turning her dark gaze on Wraen, for she was as unaware of the plateau's previous inhabitants as she had been of the Vale's.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I wish with all my heart that you and your family may spend here many happy years," Wraen's sentiment was earnest. She knew that leading a pack and taking the responsibility was not easy and she felt a tad bit guilty that Liri's folk had had to move further than the vale. Under different circumstances, where the food shortage would not have been so pressing, it would have been nice to have trustworthy neighbours. 

"There have lived at least two packs that I know of before you," she explained. "One was called after the forest - Blacktail deer plataeu - and was founded by a she-wolf called Hawkeye. She was my uncle Peregrine's mate and by the time my mother joined the group, he had taken over," Wraen told. "Later on the pack split in two - if you ever hear about Redhawks and their family, then their origins are found here - and the group that remained relocated closer to the coast and renamed themselves Donnelaith."

"Not too long ago a pack by name Morningside lived here as well and there was also a real Northern viking pack in the vicinity too," she added. "So - long story short - this has been a home to many wolves."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
The sentiment seemed genuine and Liri smiled with gratitude, thankful that the Sunspire wolves could be something akin to friends rather than enemies after what had happened. "Thank you, that means a lot to me. I hope your family finds the same happiness in life," she offered in return, settling on dirt-stained haunches to listen to the history of her new home.

She had heard of the Redhawks vaguely, though she had never visited the coast before Donnelaith's fiery end, and nodded at the sudden insight to the family's origins. She glanced around, wondering silently to herself what the group was like and what the plateau had seen during their reign. 

It was a struggle to keep her face still at the mention of Morningside but she managed. "Morningside? Small world, I stayed with them for a time - about a year ago," she managed in a soft, amused tone. Inside, the healer was not so collected. 

A small part of her had gone cold at the mention of Morningside and she could not stop herself from picturing Pip, as she last remembered him. She tried to imagine what their life would have been if he had lived, if they had remained with Morningside. Would he have grown up here? Would she have watched him play amongst the conifers? 

Enough. He is gone. 

The fae forced herself to return to the present, before she could get sucked in too far, and caught the last of what Wraen said absently. 

"I suppose there's history wherever you go," she said with a smile. She was untroubled by the thought of the plateau being someone's previous home; it was not the place that was so important to her but the people who resided in it.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
Love the dark green!

"Definitely. I have always thought that it is people and their stories that make a place special. They give it a personality. Otherwise - it is just another place just like any other," Wraen mused, thinking about, how they had made Sunspire their home so much that it felt like a living, breathing and feeling being on it's own. 

"On behalf of my fellow leaders I wanted to offer you to become allies to Sunspire. We still stand by our words that having more friends than enemies in the world is always an advantage," she said and, while she did not know, what were Terance's and Rannoch's thoughts on this matter exactly, she believed there was nothing wrong in asking. "You do not have to decide yet, but offer is on the table and yours, if you wish to have it."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Thanks! <3

"I agree. I'm not sure I would have felt so attached to my first home if it hadn't been for the family I had there," she agreed. Without Aaron and Samuel and her brother, Blackfoot Forest had become just that - a forest.

The healer blinked in surprise when the conversation abruptly turned towards an alliance with Sunspire. Liri figured she should have known that was why Wraen approached but the Beta had distracted her with talk of the plateau's history. 

"I'll have to speak to the others but I'm sure they'll agree," the healer answered easily. She had hoped to form alliances since the idea of forming a pack entered her mind, but the likelihood of one with Sunspire had seemed slim after what happened in Northstar Vale. The fae figured if Sunspire had moved on from the conflict then there was no reason for the two groups to not be allied, though she still wanted to hear what the others - namely Kavik and Grezig - had to say.

"Once we get an answer, we can send a runner to your borders, if you wish," she dipped her head, thinking that she'd have to call their Council to meeting for the first time and wondering what they would say to this proposition.

Ghost
3,526 Posts
Ooc — Me
Birdcatcher
Trapper
Master Storyteller
"I will let them know your answer and I will look forward to meeting you again," Wraen replied, noting to herself to tell about this meeting to Rannoch. 

"I also spied that there is a wolf I know in your group. Please, give my well wishes to Elixir. We met in the other valley for few times," it would be nice to visit the wolf-dog again, now that she knew, where the girl had settled permanently. 

"I will leave you to your work then and be on my way," with this she got up, stretched and prepared to leave. "It was nice meeting you."

My last post. Thank you for the thread!
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
"Thank you, and you too," the fae responded, a smile on her dirty features. Her words were not quite as formal but there was genuine gratitude on her face as she watched Wraen rise and prepare to leave. 

"I'll pass on the message," she promised with a dip of her head, reminding herself to seek out the naturalist and do just that. 

"Have a safe trip. It was nice meeting you," the healer murmured, standing and making her way back over to the holes. Once Wraen had gone, she returned to her digging with thoughts of history and legacies in her head.

thanks for the thread!