Blacktail Deer Plateau "I will not sit from the sidelines."
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
rolled for odd=success

It was nearly dusk as she watched. The sun had disappeared behind the mountains at her back some hours ago, as it did in the evening, leaving the mountain cool and shaded with the lack of the sun. 

Liri could hear the merry bubbling of the stream some ways behind her, occasionally it was accompanied by the cry of a bird or the croak of a toad. The fae was curled around herself amidst the grass, at the very edge of the world. An odd star twinkled in the sky but it went unnoticed, as the healer's attentions were focused on the Flatlands below. 

A young doe, still faintly spotted, stepped daintily into view - slowly emerging from the tree line. She seemed inexperienced, out of her element. She moved on slow steps and her head whipped around at the slightest noise. Her large, soft eyes likely expressed fear, Liri thought to herself as she got to her feet. 

She didn't often feel bad for her food, it went against her own instincts, but Liri felt a touch of sympathy for the doe as she carefully picked her way down to the Flatlands via footpath. 

Once at the bottom, the fae realized it was a lucky stroke that she was downwind. She crept into the tall grasses, unnoticed by the grazing doe some several yards away. The healer moved slowly, careful to balance her weight evenly on three legs and keep the fourth out of the way. A bit of pride reached her when she found herself close enough to the fawn to see the whiskers on her muzzle, without alerting the fawn. 

Once she was close enough, the healer lunged. The doe panicked, rearing and kicking out with sharp hooves that found marks in Liri's shoulders and ribs. The fae whimpered, clinging tightly to the doe's throat. She was too heavy for the doe to run with, and unable to rear and kick with the weight of the wolf pulling on her jugular - the deer sagged and bleated with defeat as her life was drained from her. 

The healer didn't drop the doe until she was certain it was dead, and only then did she rest the fawn gently on the ground. Small, scarred, and covered with blood, the fae stood in shock for a moment at what she had accomplished. 

With a sudden howl of success, the fae was wriggling with joy as she waited for someone to respond to her call.

Somebody would show up to help her get it back up to the plateau for sure, and then her wolves could all partake.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."

We all eat lies when our hearts are hungry...
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir had been drinking sweet water from the stream when she heard a familiar howl echo in the air. Her ears perked as she swallowed her last mouth full. It seemed that she was calling for someone and so the wolfdog thought it would be a good idea to help her Alpha since she had nothing better to do.

The ebony female padded toward the sound of the howl at a fast pace. She neared the flatlands and saw Liri next to a kill, excitedly she started running. When she neared her Alpha she slowed her pace to a walk and dipped her head for a moment and then looked at her. “Good morning Liri. You called? “ she said with a small smile. The morning had been quiet for  Elixir until she had called. She was grateful to be of use as she was becoming bored not doing anything yet around the place.
[Image: galaxy-th.png]See the good [Image: galaxy-th.png]
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Elixir was the first to respond to her call and the fae greeted her happily, with an exuberant wag of her tail and much sniffing. She padded back over to her kill, nudging it and further bloodying her muzzle. "I..uh, caught something," she explained with a grin. 

Everyone was sure to be hungry after their long travels. This kill they could share and then they might work on filling some caches. "Do you think you could help me get it back up the plateau?" It might have been easier to feast on the doe in the Flatlands but this way they might save any edible scraps for later in the caches she'd begun digging. 

The fae glanced upwards at the steep footpaths. It was a lot of weight to carry by yourself, let alone on three legs. With another, they might have a better go of it and get it to the pack sooner. 

The sylph glanced at the wolfdog questioningly, as if to say together? She took a firm hold of the doe's shoulder and began to tug the carcass back towards the plateau.

365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir glanced at the kill when Liri showed her, it was nice and big. Her mouth watered at the sight of the blood and the thought of food today. “Nice catch!” She said excitedly as she took a few steps toward it. Her tummy rumbled and she shook her pelt so that she would be the only one to hear it. 

The wolfdog nodded, “I’ll be glad to help you get it up there! Everyone will be excited. “ her voice was excited for the kill but also for Liri. The wolfdog stepped forward to grab the neck of the deer. Her fiery eyes caught sight of Liri’s gaze and she nodded with the doe inside of her mouth. It was best they stay together if something were to come at them two was better than splitting up and taking it on by yourself.

Her jaws were locked tight as she began to drag it with Liri. With the both of them dragging it felt easier than if it was just Elixir or just Liri.
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
@Donoma @Kenkou @Thorleif @Corvus @Minori @Barracuda @Quail feel free to post your character partaking, otherwise it will just be assumed they were here :)

The northron's pale tail gave a happy sway at the praise for she was proud of herself for such a catch. It was difficult proving you had use when you were crippled; you had to make everyone else forget that you were handicapped in the first place. To prove you were an equal you had to be stronger, you had to do better. 

Pulling the weight of the dead doe backwards up the footpath, up onto the steep plateau was a challenge. Her three legs strained and trembled with effort and her muscles shivered as she pulled the fawn up with short, angry bursts of power. She left several ragged holes in the doe's hide; gaping bite marks with hanging skin where she'd yanked the carcass up the cliff with the aid of Elixir. 

Once they finally managed to reach the plateau, she dropped the grip she had on the doe - her jaws aching from the prolonged pressure of gripping it. Panting, she glanced at the ebony wolfdog. 

"Good job, thanks for the help," she praised, half-hunched with exertion. Once she caught her breath, she straightened and howled, calling for @Kavik, @Grezig, @Illidan, and the rest of their pack to come eat.

564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
This is a really weird post, sorry.

Grezig’s ears perked at the second howl. She had been far on the other side of the territory when Liri’s first howl had sounded, but the Alpha hadn’t voiced distress, so Grezig had gone to join her at a trot instead of a run. The second howl was some time later and was much closer so she picked up her pace. Soon, she found Liri and Elixir standing in front of a deer carcass. It was fresh by the smell of it, and by the blood on Liri’s white coat… No blood on Elixir’s, however. Grezig’s brows furrowed. She turned to Liri. “You… caught this yourself?” She had a lot of respect for her Alpha—or she wouldn’t have followed her for so long—but seeing the crippled wolf standing over a fresh kill, knowing that she’d taken it down herself… that was impressive. “I am impressed,” Grezig admitted. “If you do not mind my saying.”

With a wag of her tail, she partook in the meat, choosing the tougher bits first to leave the softer, more nutrient-packed meat to Liri and/or Kavik.
365 Posts
Ooc — AMA102
Elixir was trying to carry most of the weight as they went up hills, she would glance back at Liri to see how she was doing. There were bite marks in the carcass from them carrying it back but other than that it was fresh meat. When they got back they laid it on the ground softly and Elixir stepped back a little looking at Liri. She wondered if she was okay but she wasn’t saying anything about not being good so she gave a small smile. “Anytime you need help you know I’ll be here.” She said softly. 

The wolfdog licked her chops of the metallic tasting liquid that seemed to stain her muzzle. Her ears perked up at the sound of Liri’s howl. Elixir would wait for the others to gather around and take their share before she would take some for herself. She hoped that the rest of the pack would be just as proud of their Alpha.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik had been on the complete opposite side of the territory when his mate's call hit his ears. Stopping his evening patrol, he turned and headed in the direction of the howl. The sun had set a while ago, which meant he all but disappeared in the shadows of the trees as he moved. 

Since it had taken him some time to cross the territory, he had still not reached Liri when her second call reached him. Neither howl sounded distressed, but he was still intrigued to find out what as going on. When he found his mate, she was standing over a fresh kill, blood staining her snow white coat. Elixir and Grezig were also there, and he greeted them both with a nod before walking to stand next to Liri. Good job, he said proudly, nuzzling her briefly. He had come to the same conclusion as Grezig--Neither of the other two females had any blood on their coats, so it appeared that Liri had made the kill on her own. He wasn't surprised, though; he was very familiar with the strength his mate possessed.
I'm no good without you
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Liri watched as her pack approached, greeting them with a smile and a wagging tail. She ducked her head, embarrassed, at the praise she received from Grezig - for it was not so easy to impress her first recruit. She managed a shy smile and a soft, "Thank you." She gestured for whoever had assembled to eat, scanning the horizon for sight of Kavik's broad silhouette approaching. 

When her mate could finally be seen, his dark pelt visible from quite a distance, her tail took up a more energetic sway over her hocks. She received his nuzzle and brushed against him in return - not unlike a cat. 

The healer followed him to the side of the doe, where some of their followers had already started eating. Liri moved in amongst them, huddling at the side of the deer with her bad leg haphazardly thrown to the side.

She saved the best bits of meat - the soft underbelly and tender throat - for Illidan, choosing to gnaw at the doe's shoulder as she took a place amongst her wolves. 

Typically, there were unspoken codes that required who could eat when - as in all packs. By most pack's laws, Liri and Kavik would be eating first but the fae found herself facing a great sense of disquiet when she thought of this notion. She couldn't say she would be comfortable eating first while all her wolves looked on - it just didn't seem fair. 

Thus, the fawn was surrounded by wolves who all seemed to tactfully choose their own pieces and stick to them.

29 Posts
Ooc — Romulus
Thorleif crawled out of the stream, panting heavily.  He didn't remember how or when he got in the stream.  All he could remember was that the fish here were too small to be substantial.  Much too small to be worth a chase.  He stood up and shook.  Objects of all sorts were thown from his fur.  Sticks, plant matter, and some rocks clattered to the floor.

There it was again!  A howl!  He trotted off towards the sound.  The scent of his pack grew stronger as he got closer, as well as the scent of...  blood?  Surely it was blood.  He burst through the thicket and saw his pack feasting on a deer.  Thorleif no longer feared repurcussions from deer, and in fact the sight of this one caused him to salivate.

He pawed closer to the meal and caught Liri's eyes.  Thorleif smiled happily and lowered his head in gratitude before finding an opening and tucking in.