Moonspear Puppy Playtime!
8 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
@Arcturus but any other pups are welcome, adults can watch or ask her questions!

Miss Kitty had been traveling a little while and decided it would be nice to take a break sometime soon to rest her legs. It had been awful out in the wild, she had no one to talk to or even hunt with but she would stay until she was sure she got all the experience. It seemed she was near a border of sorts, but she walked across meowing to let them know she was there. It was a strong scent of wolf and made her squish her face as a whaft came through her nose again. 

She had to hop through the grass as she made her way through. Nearing another scent full of wolves she stopped in her tracks and meowed as loud and best as she could, it’s not like she wanted to be eaten today. She sat cleaning her fur until someone had come to greet her.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
gasp you made the thread!! thank you!!!

there were many things arcturus had met in his short time on the mountain. he had seen the blonde shimmer and endured the terrible beauty of a bear. how softly he had seen the flutter of a hummingbird, the light twitch of a hare's attentive nose. he had given witness to the ferocious testament of a wolverine, albeit reluctantly -- and had been graced by the lording, benign presence of a horse.

yet he had never seen a cat. it astounded him. he watched it with a squint, the agile lean limbs, the bizarre pattern of white fur brandished by black. he could make no sense of its form; it looked predatory, but it was smaller than any predator he knew.

with the wolverine, arcturus had learned to measure his wild kin with care. he did not approach, but instead settled down on his limbs and watched her groom herself, his expression bright and full of interest.
when you come down to take me home
send my soul away
8 Posts
Ooc —
Miss Kitty happened to set sight on a shadow not too far from her while cleaning her snowy fur. Well it seems they don’t want to greet me so I’ll have to do it for them I guess. Look at me always being so nice, she thought with a bit of a snude chuckle. “Hello there.” She offered while stretching each of her limbs out just after cleaning them. The nasty dust of the forest wasn’t keeping her from looking her best.

It seemed as if the shadow was studying her really and not trying to have a conversation with her. She waited for a reply even though she felt slightly outnumbered by the smell around her. After her brief stretch she went a little closer to it, sitting basically at its paws. A small welcoming smile appeared as her rump hit the ground.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
generally, everything arcturus studied was either afraid of him, or egregiously affronted by his orbital invasion. therefore, he was stunned when the creature spoke, and then padded towards him content as... well... content as a cat! not that he had a word for cats, or understood anything about their fractious dispositions or ability to purr.. he really only knew this was something very strange and unorthodox, and in disbelief he looked about him as if trying to see if amekaze, charon, or his siblings were here to witness such a bizarre parade.

but they were not here; other than the cat, arcturus was alone.

he felt a smattering of hairs raise in alarm as she drew near; the closer she got the more convinced arcturus was she was not a starved fox or a stunted and twisted wolf at all; her limbs were too disproportionate, her muzzle too snubbed -- even her eyes, drawn into strange slits, were distinctly uncanine.

he might have answered her query, if he was one to talk -- but he rarely spoke at all, and overwhelmed with a sort of childish curiosity, thrust his nose right into her face for a good sniff so he could figure out just what exactly she was.
send my soul away
8 Posts
Ooc —
At first Miss Kitty sat there awkwardly with a smile on her face waiting for her to talk. It was a her right? She didn’t know yet... She hadn’t heard it talk! Then the shadow thrusts it’s big nose in her face! She sat there for a moment in shock as her green and blue eyes meeting theirs so up close. The nose.... oh the nose... she couldn’t even begin to describe how wet and just weird the nose felt on her freshly cleaned fur. 

With a small deep breath in and out she moved back a couple steps and then a couple more just to be safe. “I’ve never had that happen before. Not that I’ve been out here long. Can You tell me you’re name?” Her voice was firm but she knew to also be a bit soft for strangers. It seemed that this was a younger wolf, to her knowledge anyway. She hoped now they can get off on the right foot.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
arcturus' rude violation of the cat's personal space didn't tell him much; it didn't smell like wolf, it didn't smell like squirrel - it didn't even smell like wolverine or weasel, though arcturus thought maybe its lanky frame shared similarities to the mustelid clade. he pulled back, ears cupped ahead as the creature chattered to him. if nothing else, this strange animal was at least friendly.. luckily for arcturus, who had no earthly idea how capable those claws were of rendering him insensate with pain.

he looked around for revui or yami or yama - they were not there to share his consternation. he leaned back on his hocks and launched a playful look at the cat, but at least supplied a growly "arcturus!" before he playbowed excitedly and started doing the zoomies around her.
send my soul away
8 Posts
Ooc —
I’m so sorry for the wait on this

Miss Kitty was a little overwhelmed by him being hyper but she just brushed it off and was still herself. “Arcturus is a good name. How old are you?” She asked as she also got into a playful bow. She can sometimes be pretty uptight about things but this seemed to be a young wolf and she was a sucker for youngins who loved to play. 

Miss kitty gave a small meow before hopping to the side and then to the other side. Her heart fluttered as if she was a kitten again, this was a rare sight for her. If her mother had saw her doing this what trouble she’d be in.. she didn’t even want to think about it but that’s why she left... to be on her own.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
it wasnt a wait at all! no worries
arcturus had almost doubted himself - up until she playbowed too! his eyes lit up and his tail whirled about his narrow hips. he was excited -- but not so excited that he lost composure entirely.. yet all the same her second question was left unanswered -- it was simply too much on the poor boy's brain, apparently, to be able to provide anything more than his name.

he was neither guilty nor dissuaded by his inability (no doubt he did not perceive it as an inability -- being quiet was a trait unique to him, and his parents certainly had never said anything aloud about his 'quirks') to freely speak; most of what could be said could also be governed by body language -- lowering his head to the ground he wriggled his bum behind him and stared intently at the cat, as if to say dare ya to come here.
send my soul away
8 Posts
Ooc —
The cat seemed to know that he was young but he should know by now how old he was. While she was waiting for a proper adult to accompany this child she thought it would be nice to give him a run for his money at his own game. 

She had a smirk on her petite face as she hunkered down and leaped in between his paws. Once there she batted his nose with her slithery tail. A small child like giggle escaped her throat leaving her dumb founded in between his paws. This would be her weakest point, a point that Arcturus could take advantage of in their game.
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
this newfound play-friend was a marvel to arcturus; how sleek and lithe she appeared while he was fat and clumsy -- how artfully full of elegance her soft movements seemed, whilst arcturus had all the graceful reckoning of a boulder tumbling downhill.

she moved between his paws in a flash of pale silk, and arcturus, expecting the swat of claws stiffened and stood upright, his ears flopping as he looked down upon the giggling feline with a stupid grin. his own tail wagged fiercely behind him, and as the cat's tail brushed his nose he rocked back in a loud sneeze: "ACHOO!"
send my soul away
8 Posts
Ooc —
In the midst of her being amazed by her own laughter, a sticky and disgusting substance came and hit her in the side of the face when the puppy sneezed. She huffed loudly when it smacked her and then grumbled a bit. She wasn't sure how to be so rude to a puppy, I mean if she had to admit it he was kind of cute. He was like a cute but not so sociable ball of fur. She took a moment to herself so she could gather her thoughts and maybe wipe the gunk off of her cute face.

Miss Kitty took her paw and then wiped most of it off with one swipe. She rubbed it on the ground and then looked back at him with a small awkward smile. Was she suppose to apologize? "Uh... Im sorry about that." she said plainly and then play bowed again. Hopefully it would be better this time than last time. She planned on jumping on his back! A ride on the ball of fur!
Ghost
send my soul away
1,066 Posts
Ooc —
Master Guardian
Tracker
im playing it as if she did jump? is that right? ping me if not

the sneeze sent his thin frame back; he rocked on his heels, clearing his fussy nose with a deep inhale. unfortunately, the cat got the brunt of his splatter, and arcturus sheepishly watched as she gracefully wiped snot from her face.

he expected an admonishment, but she didn't give one -- instead she seemed to leap impossibly quick, leaving arcturus craning his head in a dumbfound manner. where had she go-- thud.

he froze, but every instinct in him roared into life; his fur crawled, his toes curled -- and with a wild shriek the boy bolted, a black dart across the landscape.

they played for a while before the cat became fed up with his incessant and tireless chase; then, slick as a weasel, the cat eluded arcturus, and arcturus was forced to turn for the den to sleep.
send my soul away