Heron Lake Plateau And I've spent half of my life in the customer service line
420 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater

He should've known better - he did know better, but that didn't stop him from going after the bear's face. It's retaliation came as no surprise. Ambrose wanted to prove himself and to defend his new home, his sister, his chance at winning the fight or the bet — he wanted so many things and he was determined to win. But the bear had a mind of its own and it did not like being harassed. As it cast aside Niamh, Ambrose glanced hastily after her with some worry, but then the bear was set upon him again. It swat him aside with a boorish smack of his head, and then lunged.

Ambrose tried to back off, to avoid the teeth of the agitated creature, but he wasn't as quick as his sister and he had put himself in the line of fire. The bear's head was so wide, its mouth gaping and roaring — and even as he tried to back off he knew he was in for a big hit. The bear went for his face as retribution for his own harassment and managed to clock him in the side of the head, and he felt something rip through one of his ears.

The boy felt a spike of adrenaline with his pain and surprise. He rose up on his hind legs, looking very much like a skinny doppleganger of the black bear, and pulled. As he stumbled away from the bear the creature gave a twist of it's head and pulled its bite free, taking a good chunk of Ambrose with it — a flapping chunk of ear, for starters. He felt sick to his stomach as he saw that bit of skin hanging from the bear's teeth, and soon his vision was starting to swim.
Messages In This Thread
RE: And I've spent half of my life in the customer service line - by RIP Firefly - August 14, 2018, 03:51 PM