Larksong Grotto dreamer trapped by your desire
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
set for tomorrow
She descends into the grotto easily and with little thought for the danger of the climb down. The quiet is almost eerie; there's a stillness to the place she hadn't thought possible. The scent of life saturates the area, but the only other clues are the occasional rustling of leaves and flashes at the corners of his vision. It's as if the secluded little area is under some sort of spell.
Her leg has healed well, but she finds herself faced with a larger dilemma. She's listless; daily life has become dull, and finding herself alone again has taught her that she values the company of others more than she'd once thought. She draws up beside the stretch of water at the grotto's center, thoughts drawn to Aditya and Morningside, then to @Siarut and his group, and studies her own reflection in the too-still water. She's never thought of herself as anything but independent, even antisocial; she's still both of those things, and abrasive, and not quite a team player— but she's lonely, too, even if she doesn't think she has the right to be.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Instead of taking longer trips away from the territory, Siarut decided that ever once in awhile someone should venture into the neighbouring territories to check things out. Having already scouted two, the man decided to venture into one of the unknown ones. 

As he walked her caught a familiar scent. Myrren? Sia thought to himself. Slowly he came upon the still water of the Grotto, where he found the obsidian figure. Approaching with gentle paws, Siarut chuffed to the woman. "Myrren. I never thought I would see you again." He was honest with himself, it wasn't something he had anticipated, but it was an interesting surprise.

sorry for the crumby post lol
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
She's not as surprised as Siarut is when he stumbles upon her, though it strikes her as odd; it's the first time she's thought about him since their last meeting, as if her thoughts have summoned the northerner. It's an amusing thought. I get that a lot, She offers as she glances up at him, smiling slightly. Her gaze drifts back down to the water a moment later, and the expression fades.
How is your family? She asks impulsively. The answer will only feed her loneliness, but she can't stop herself. She wonders about her own family; they'd been fine without her, they likely still are, and she's not sure why that stings. Suddenly she can't look at herself, so she looks away from the water and focuses on Siarut.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Siarut raised a brow at her statement, and gave a small nod with a slight smirk. "I'm sure." She didn't strick him as the casual conversation kind, and so came to wonder just who else might have said such a thing. Her own expression sobers as she returns to her reflection, and his follows. 

"They are great. Currituck too." Sia tries the smile again to see if the mention of the little girl can bring a lightness back to the woman. "We settled not far from here, just over a mountain to the east." You couldn't see it from their vantage, but it was hard to miss. "I'm surprised you actually came to visit." Even though they weren't in the territory, Siarut decided to count this as a visit. "What are you doing here Myrren?"
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
edit: oops nevermind that got longer
She's glad to hear the girl is doing well, but the news of his pack's proximity quickly steals her attention. I didn't realize you were so close, She admits. The knowledge brings with it an inexplicable anxiety, but it's small and easy to hide. This place seemed interesting. I have nowhere better to be— if my presence here bothers you, I can move on.
It's less than ideal, but she hadn't planned on staying long anyway. Part of her wants to ask after the pack, but she's never done that; she's not really sure how joining a pack works. Nor is she entirely familiar with being a subordinate, and she can swallow her pride easily enough (she hopes) but there are a million other worries. She almost asks— but she doesn't.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
no worries!!!

The man totally missed an anxiety that might have played on Myrren's gaze, he wasn't always the most perceptive. He was surprised by what she said though, tilting his head to one side Siarut laughed slightly. It was an easy laugh, "It doesn't bother me." The man shook his head and smile still sitting on his lips. Slowly he reclined into a seated position, he didn't want to spook the yearling by getting closer. 

"I see your leg has healed." Siarut peered at the womans leg, he was glad she was ok. "You know I havent forgotten about that badger. Shivali and the pups were happy for the meal." 
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
She's relieved by his response in a small way, but worry still nags at her quietly. At his next words, she nods, not recognizing the name (she'd fled before she could hear his introductions) but assuming he means the female who'd first confronted her; she remembers the pale woman's scent had spoken of motherhood.
I'm glad to hear it, She says, opening her mouth slightly to say more and finding herself pausing. After a beat she closes her mouth, and then she's silent; all at once she's reminded why she prefers her own company. She doesn't know what response he wants, or expects rather— she remembers it too, of course, but she doesn't see a point.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
"You were in quite a hurry to leave." He couldn't apologize for his sisters, nor would he considering they had every right. "I was going to introduce you properly but...." Siarut gave a shrug, but he kept his smile. "That's a common theme with you. Quick departures." 

He didn't mean it was a bad thing, "I just hope this won't be the same encounter." The man had a mischevious twinkle to his eye, "Perhaps we could try the introductions again, someday." Siarut wasn't sure if he should offer her a place in his pack, nor was he certain of his prickly sisters reaction to such a thing.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
She nods at his mention of quick departures; he's right, and it's a theme that makes her weary as of late. The inkstain has no intention of repeating it here. His offer only makes her pause for a moment. I would like that, She tells him, and finds she means it— it's been some time since the encounter, and as far as she's concerned she'd done nothing to warrant a grudge.
I might stay here a few days— no quick departure this time, She offers a smile, glancing away briefly as movement catches her attention. It's gone just as quickly, and immediately forgotten. Lately I've found myself tired of constantly traveling.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Taking a quick glance himself at her minute distraction, Siarut finds nothing of concern he refocuses on the lady before him. He was stirred at the seeming sincerity in her words, happy that his sisters hadn't scared off another. 

A few days? He wondered, ears perked forward at the mention of her weariness. A nodded sagely, understand the drain constant travelling can have on the mind and the body. He had never really been a rogue, and so he suspected that too would play a role too. He could only imagine the constant fear of being on your own. It almost sent a chill down his spine, he could fathom being completely seperated from his family.

"I see." She had no where important to be, and she was tired of her constant travelling, AND she wanted to meet his sisters?! Well how could the brute not reconsider the question that sat on the tip of his tongue. "You could stay here for a few days." Again he nodded slowly, turning his gaze to the still water, green eyes glowed back. "Or you could come and stay in IkKanattuk." It was a semi recruitment, he meant for her to stay if she deemed it worthy, but it was also open-ended enough to be temporary if she choose it to be. "That is, you could stay with us." Siarut turned his gaze back to the obsidian girl.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
She doesn't expect the offer, but she'd be lying to say she hadn't hoped for it. Her nerves flare again, but she allows herself no room for second thoughts. IkKanattuk, She repeats, tilting her head slightly. That's a kind offer— I appreciate it. If your family doesn't mind, I would be grateful.
Who is your leader? She asks after a beat, wondering if Siarut means for her to join. The yearling respects him, but she's wary of a leader she may not respect; she can only hope the pale man wouldn't follow such a leader. Of course, it won't matter at all if the pack won't have her; she's certainly open to a second introduction, but she can't know for sure the feeling is mutual. Siarut is only one wolf. But she's willing to try.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The man tried to remain confident that his family would follow his lead in accepting more one more member. He hoped that now they were settled his brother and sisters would be more accepting. "They do take their time to warm up to others." Siarut remained neutral, "However they trust my judgment."

Tilting his head at her quick question, "Ah yes, that would be me." He raised his paw slightly, a little sheepish to admit his standing with in the pack. "I am the Atausiqin our native tongue it means One, equivalent to Alpha in the common language. My youngest sister, Takiyok, is the Malguk. Or Second." He hadn't had to explain his title before, but it made him slightly uncomfortable, it wasn't a traditional leadership as his family had heavy sway over all decisions.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
She's not necessarily surprised to learn Siarut is the leader of his pack, but she feels some discomfort of her own with the knowledge. Whatever impression she may have hoped to make is regretfully discarded now; she's made her impression, it seems, and perhaps not such a bad one. She nods slowly. Are you inviting me to follow you? She decides to ask, voice soft; she doesn't care much for muddled intentions and implied meanings, though she's content to offer these things to others. His answer will decide her next move, though she's not quite sure what that move will be.
"Common" | "French"
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
He wasn't sure how to interpret the thoughts that flowed across the womans visage. Rather he focused on the words she offered him instead. "If you wish." Siarut shrugged, "You are free to come at your own pleasure." Assuming she knew the propriety of calling for an audience, the northern bear turned to leave, before thinking better of it. Assumptions he had learned were not always best. 

Turning back to the lady he offered her a smile. "As I said earlied, just over the mountain east of here. I would suggest calling at the border, just in case it's not me that you encounter first." Siarut wasn't sure if she would follow him instead, or journey at her own leisure, but he had given her all the information he could think she might need.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

272 Posts
Ooc —
She smiles slightly, realizing he doesn't quite understand what she's asking; it doesn't bother her as much as it might normally, even if she still hasn't gotten a real answer. There's a lot of uncertainty here— more so with the realization that she must be more careful with the way she communicates, likely with all of the pack. She's always liked a challenge, though, hasn't she?
Instead of correcting him, she moves to follow him without another word— in the literal sense this time, as he'd assumed. She'll have her answer soon enough, she hopes; the other possibility is being a very awkward long-term house-guest. For some reason, it doesn't appeal to her.
"Common" | "French"