Duskfire Glacier you can be so much softer than me with your sweet nothings
·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

It is her stomach that moves her, searching the lower stretches of their territory. A field of vibrant pink and purple catches her attention—and so does that deer. Instantly, her mouth waters—when was the last time she had anything other than small game? Leather nose scents the air, lifting along with the wind to find the best path. Large ears cup forward upon her head and she turns, eyes scanning for subtle movement against the tall flowers.

From the corner of her eye, she sees the fawn contrast against the ground. Instantly, she hits the ground, ears slick pack, and peers over the flowers to watch the young travel further away from where it should be.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
The short journey to the surrounding territories had been a good for the man. He was able to recenter his mind, and remember why he was here. He had been back for a few hours now and had already told @Takiyok that he had returned. 

As he wandered the territory with a new perspective, he caught the scent of Shivali. Turning in her direction, Siarut slowly closed the distance. When he finally caught sight of her, he noticed her posture and froze. Sink to the ground as well, his green gaze searching for the prey she was transfixed on. He didn't want to alert the fawn to his presence, so he waited, ready to assit if she made a move. He wasn't sure if Shivali knew he was there, not that it mattered.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Slowly, Shivali takes a crawling step forward, each paw one calculated step after the other. One ear swivels back and her nose twitch again, redirecting her attention for only a few seconds. Her brother does not advance, having grown still and silent.  It doesn’t take two wolves to take down a fawn but she doesn’t ward off his help. Both ears return forward, taking a final glance across the open plain to see no others in sight.

The baby yells and her legs launch her forward and she’s well over halfway before the baby deer even notices her. Whether or not Siarut has followed in pursuit, she makes one swift turn to come alongside the fawn and quickly overwhelm it, knocking it to the ground. It flails and whines and kicks, but teeth quickly close around it’s throat and one final thrash is all it takes before all the energy is spent and it falls limp in her jaws. She takes several seconds to catch her breath, slowly turning to search for her brother.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
She had always been the better hunter. Making her approach, she launched forward in a deadly stride to catch the young beast. Accurately snatching the neck of the fawn, and deftly snapping its between her jaws. It was over, just as quick as it had begun. Siarut stood to watch at a better angle, smirking as the pale woman had no need of his help. Her brother was glad to see she hadn't gotten rusty. 

As she turned, Sia approached slowly, "Just as talented as I remember." After the tense few weeks, and their strained conversation as of late. Siarut figured flattery was the way to go.
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Siarut is slow to approach, dark eyes watching as he gets close. Her jaws tighten around the kill as if he might take it from her but she doesn’t say or do anything else to indicate her sudden distrust. The journey from the woods to the glacier had been long. Many provided for her and her children and went without, and though she still has help from others, it isn’t the same.

Slowly, Shivali lowers her head and drops the kill by her feet. “Are you following me?” With somewhere solid to call home, where they don’t have to go from place to place, she remembers the tension between them prior to leaving. For a while, she’d put it aside to keep moving, but it only resurfaces, reminding them of the hurt they’d caused. But they’d gotten over it, hadn’t they? They’ve apologized, in their own way. “How are the others?” she asks a beat later, speaking of the ones that keep their distance from the mother as they acclimate to one another.

Very briefly do they speak, a little bothered by being followed. One day, they'll be fine. One day, everything will blow over. For now, Shivali gorges herself on what she can eat of the fawn and leaves the rest for Siarut to pick through, should he choose, and she takes what's in her stomach to her children for a warm feast.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads