Duskfire Glacier like the river
the fever becomes my home.
65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Private 

He was not the most social individual and so he was still adjusting to so many new faces in a place that had just recently been fairly empty. Of course, he kept his manners about him. Polite head nods when he crossed by anyone and pulling his weight in general. Aleks was old enough to know that being selfish would get him nowhere.

That was why he roamed the borders now, marking areas appropriately. It was still his job to guard the group as a whole just like he had guarded the territory before their arrival.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg
Sweet! Thanks for starting! I'm just testing out my new table, might have some formatting errors, hope you don't mind.

Being in the cold did nothing to protect them from the smoke that clouded the air around the glacier. The heavy fog carried hundreds of miles to hang over the Wilds like a thick blanket. A fog that lingered, and only a stiff wind could clear the smog. Siarut hadn’t seen anything like it in the north, to far detached from the common place of forest fires. No this did nothing to bring the man into a happy mood. His nose dripped, as his body tried to disperse the bacteria that swarmed the second-hand smoke, and his throat was scratchy his voice much to haggard.

This didn’t stop the pale giant from completing his duties. No, his protective urges only pushed him further than before. Walking the territory borders to ensure their integrity, Siarut was glad to find the scent of another. Aleks. The name sprang from his memory. A wolf he hadn’t had much interaction with but had held the land they now called home. Reserving the area for a family he had not met.

Coming upon the shadowy figure, the ice bear let out a chuff, alerting the other man to his approach.. Company for the rest of his patrol wouldn’t be cast aside so easily. 
Inuttuk, Common

[Image: nsUn6t6.png?1]
{1/5} | {2/10}

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
The smog was indeed bad but truthfully, Aleks tried to ignore it. He could not cram any more worries into his mind. Every sound already brought with it a panic to the protective male and every bump caused him to look twice. Protective or paranoid?

The chuff made his ears sweep back before standing tall, his head looking over his shoulder at the ivory figure of Siarut. The man he now lived under. How odd to think he had lost his own ruling over an ice empire only to find himself at the lowest of another. He was not bitter towards the man though. Things were what they were.

Hello. He shortly greeted with his deep tones. If this pale wolf was anything like Takiyok, hopefully this would be a enjoyable meeting.
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

As planned the dark figure turned, pausing in his trek. Siarut came alongside, and flicked his head to indicate they should continue to walk. ”Afternoon Aleks.” Sia dipped his head slightly in greeting. Although he wasn’t one to overtly show emotion, the ice bear was rather relaxed, his green gaze offering a kind eye.

”Good to see you out and about.” The Atausiq had found the other mans scent heavy along the border, which spoke to how often Aleks ventured to mark the border. Sia appreciated such a devoted member of the pack. ”I’ve been looking for the opportunity to get to know you better.” The northern man looked over to his side, seeing if his statement might surprise Aleks. It was true however, Siarut did indeed wish to know more about the man. To find a common ground between them.
Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
His head nodded at the male's words. Acknowledging them the best he could without verbal action. Aleks much preferred to keep his voice to himself. Old habits died hard.

As he continued on with his stroll, expecting the pale male to stay at his side, he turned his head to look at him with burnt orange eyes. A dark brow raised softly at the words before lowering as he simply offered another nod. Then know me you shall. He mumbled for only their ears alone. Aleks was not a very open individual but he supposed it was only right for the lead male to get to know him. What good was it if you didn't know the ones you were supposed to call family?

Anything in particular you'd like to know?
~ nanuk ~
592 Posts
Ooc — Keg

Tilting his head to the side, returning his gaze to their stroll. This man seemed like the strong silent type, which Siarut could relate to. “Nothing in particular.” He shrugged, letting his curiosity whisk him away.

Thinking on it, Siarut realized that questions could seem prying if asked one-sided. “I’m not sure what my sister told you about the five of us Ateneq siblings, but you too may ask any questions you wish.” The bear figured this was a good compromise. ”There is no reason for you to be in the dark if we are to be family.”

Siarut trusted Takiyok explicitly, and so he would try to trust her judgement on recruits. While his little sister was a fan of actions, Siarut preferred a combination or words and actions. The two can often contradict the other if you weren’t careful, and that spoke to whether one was truly trustful or not. This was his way of getting to know his sisters friends, as he hoped she was trying to get to know the ones he had recruited.

”What brings you to the wilds?” He figured it was an easy opening question.

Inuttuk, Common

{1/5} | {2/10}

65 Posts
Ooc — hund
Away
Understood. He hummed softly. Aleks had never been one to pry into others affairs -- in fact he preferred to stay out of them -- but he knew the gesture was made with kindness. Something about being family. While he felt tethered to this group, he did not exactly see them as family. At least not yet. When almost everyone else was already bound blood it was hard for him to see himself as anything else other than and outsider.

I suppose the same as most. Left home. He shrugged slightly as he paused to mark a tree. Perhaps they were to be family but Aleks was not ready to divulge his past just yet. It was still a tender wound.