Arrow Lake Life's a dance
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
Private 
@Valette

It was midday when Rueger decided to check out the other side of the territory. He had heard of the falls and wanted to check them out. On his way, he could check out potential prey animals, and see if anyone frequented the area. He didn't find much either way.

He arrived at the falls at the base of the mountain, and lowered his body to the ground to take his fill of the water. It was cool against his throat, and he welcome the change in temperature. While he drank, his eyes scanned the area, for friend, or foe.

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette inner-ranger came out, now the water was lacking at their own territory. She decided to head out and follow one of the feeder streams. This one didn't seem that empty yet but perhaps it was worth checking out. She howled to Steph to let her know that she could practice being in charge. She would only be gone for a few hours, the female decided.

The stream brought her to Fox's Glade then out onto Wapun meadow. It wasn't a big stream at all, and everything at the meadow seemed fine. However, that wasn't going to stop the female. The ranger followed it all the way to where it split from a lake. Curious. That would mean that the problem wasn't coming from this stream then.

Valette hadn't been at this lake often. Which was worth exploring to her. The dark female followed the banks up to the foot of the mountain. There she noticed another wolf. Valette perked up her ears as she watched him drink from the other side of the water. She dipped her head in greeting with a gentle smile. With the roaring water of the falls and the distance to the other bank might make it difficult to hear her.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He paused momentarily when the female came into view on the other side of the stream. She seemed friendly enough, and he returned her smile, giving a short wag of his tail to show his own friendliness. While Rueger was a warrior, a guardian, he didn't go looking for trouble.

But, he would go looking for allies. He rose from the bank, went several yards downstream, and then waded into the water to cross to the other side. His gaze shifted to the female, in case she became weary of his nearing presence.

If she didn't, he would stop a few feet from her, sitting back on his haunches. Hello, he greeted. I'm Rueger, from Sunspire, he added. It felt a little odd adding a pack to the end of his name, but he found he liked it.

My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.
~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
The male showed a wag of a tail. It made the female more relaxed while he approached her. The male was large but he didn't make her feel uncomfortable. Valette allowed him to approach. Her nose moved as she took in his scent. She could tell he was from a familiar pack, however, she couldn't really recall. Probably, Sunspire, as she knew the scent faintly but couldn't be positive about it.

"Oh hello," she greeted with a smile. "Sunspire! I thought so," she commented. She knew that they had some alliance with Sunspire however, there wasn't much contact yet. She gave them a gift and they took it greatly. However, after that, she never really heard from them again. "I'm Valette, from the Easthollow Pack," she spoke. "I haven't seen you before, have you been in Sunspire for a long time?," she wondered.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
She didn't look like she wanted to run him off, so Rueger took that as a good sign to continue forward. He didn't move hastily, however, knowing meeting new wolves could be hit or miss. Thankfully, she seemed friendly, and he returned the sentiment.

She seemed to know his pack right off. Score one for friendlies. He nodded quickly when she said she was from Easthollow. Ah, yes. I've been told we are allies, he replied. It would be weird to meet a friendly wolf from an enemy pack, so Rueger was thankful that wasn't the issue here.

He shook his head side to side. No, just a couple weeks, he confessed. I'm new to the area and they were the first big pack I happened upon, and Rannoch and Wraen were gracious enough to accept me. He was glad he hadn't been ran off, as he was getting to like the place. Have you been with Easthollow long? He assumed she had, seeing as how she knew of Sunspire well enough.

~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette dipped her head happily. So, that would mean they were official allies if they new wolves were told about them. Valette was pleased to know. She gently wagged her tails over her hocks. She glanced over the big male and wondered how he got to the Sunspire. She didn't need to wait long for her answer. The male started to explain how he just joined. "They are very kind," she spoke, however, she only met Rannoch, she was certain that Wraen would be nice as well.

Valette smiled. "Oh yes. I am one of the founders," she explained and nodded her head. "And I was in the pack before the relocation from Silvertip Mountain to Easthollow," she added. "I've been in this pack for almost 2 full seasons now," she spoke in realization, hence the surprise in her own tone. She was going into her third season already! Damn, now she was starting to feel a bit old. A new winter was coming soon. "I realize now that I have been at this pack for quite some time," she laughed. She had always been a loyal individual, plus she felt very at home at Easthollow.
88 Posts
Ooc — Mary Ellen
He nodded to her assessment of Sunspire. I agree. They've been very welcoming in my short time there, he replied. His ears perked as she talked of Easthollow and her history with them. She was obviously loyal to her pack, for having been there so long.

He opened his jaws to ask if she was leading alone, but he was interrupted by a howl from his pack. HE turned his head in the direction of Sunspire a moment, before his gaze turned back to Valette. Duty calls, he said with a grin. I hope you understand, I need to go. He paused, almost reluctant. But, when the pack called, you went. That was loyalty. He regarded her a moment more before turning to cross the stream. He didn't bother shaking the water off his fur, and instead bolted up the mountain.

~Maya Angelou
Mother Overlord
2,653 Posts
Ooc — Mar
Deerstalker
Tracker
Master Ranger
Valette took no offense that he had to go. She instantly shook her head. "I do. I am not offended," she assured him with a soft smile. "Duty calls, so don't let me stop you." She had other things to do as well, mainly looking where there was a lack of water. She could do that by herself. "Nice to meet you," she called after him once he bolted. She was certain she would see him again one day.

- end-