Kildeer Rest fix me or just conflict me, 'cause i'll take anything
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
@Lanegan hope this works? <3 other tags for ref
There are too many changes at the Sanctuary lately; it's overwhelming. Suffocating. He can't look at anyone he loves without feeling guilty anymore— except, oddly enough, @Lily, who he finds himself seeking when he can muster the energy (and excuse, to himself, not spending it on @Delight or Zamael). Eris is around too, and this is his bubble, but even within it he feels isolated, confining himself to his den most days.
He feels too heavy today, gross and stagnant and festering— so he isolates himself with distance this time. He doesn't wander far past the borders, but it's far enough; he has no destination, no intentions. Eventually he'll return— for now, his feet take him south of the Sanctuary, searching for something he can't put a name to and knows he will not find.
2 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
It is the distant rumble of thunder beyond the Southern mountains that draws Lanegan off course, willing her to veer Northward toward the treeline with a quickened stride. Darkened clouds lingersome distance away, but she is well aware of how swiftly they could come rolling in her direction. Having been caught in a downpour only some days prior, the ashen wanderer has zero intention of being out in the open for the arrival of another.

In her haste, she at first did not notice the stranger's presence. It was only when she could practically taste his scent that she halted abruptly, gripped by fear that she may have accidentally wandered into another's territory. Wild eyes scanning the plain, Lanegan caught sight of an agouti male and held her breath, sweeping low into a posture of submission.

"Sorry," she announced, the tip of her peppered tail twitching anxiously. While he didn't seem hostile, the sterling Roux-Abrhen wasn't willing to take any chances. "Is this your claim? I didn't mean to intrude."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He sees the stranger before she notices him, stopping to watch her approach, but he hesitates a moment too long and before he can say anything, she's spotted him. His ears pin back at the immediate display of submission, guilt surging through him as it always does. No, no, it's fine— I mean, it's close, but it's fine, He tries to reassure her quickly, increasingly uncomfortable; he's reminded of Ioa, and that makes it sting a little more.
He takes a few steps nearer to her, his own posture relaxed through great effort. There's no pack scent on the stranger, as far as he can tell. The Bracken Sanctuary, He gestures toward Broken Boulder with his muzzle, tone friendly. I'm Alarian.
2 Posts
Ooc — Rebel
When the stranger, who is clearly a pack wolf, sweeps into submission before her, Lanegan flicks a raven ear in curiosity. She lifts her gaze just long enough to observe his lowered posture, which replaces her concern of trespass with utmost confusion. The ashen she-wolf slackens somewhat, though wariness remains in the downward sway of her peppered tail.

He assures her that her apology is unnecessary, that his group resides nearby but she has not crossed their borders. Phew! Lanegan wants to exlaim, but she instead settles for a shy smile and rose her lovely crown to better look upon her newest acquaintance as he stepped carefully in her direction. "I'm Lanegan," she offered when he introduced himself, the corners of her mouth turned upward in a brief, playful grin as she added, "the pack-less."
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
so sorry for the wait on this!
The stranger is friendly enough, introducing herself as Lanegan — the packless gives him a moment of pause. Strangers introduce themselves all sorts of ways, he's found, but hers strikes him as an interesting choice of words.
I used to be a wanderer, He offers, smiling slightly. His expression turns a touch more serious as he asks, Are you packless by choice? It's not suspicion, but a casual concern lurking under his tone; he knows what it's like to be alone by circumstance.