Horizon Ridge pasta la pizza, baby
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Private 
Back dated to right after the Kiwi thread!

So, now she had a kid tagging along. She couldn’t leave her out to fend for herself, or with a stranger; while she’s a stranger herself, she at least know where the girl is from and who she is. Now, she has to face her fears and go back to the borders of Drageda in order to return @Kiwi safely. Leaving her at their doorstep crosses her mind but she fights against it, knowing she’s doing the right thing—or at least, hoping it to be the case. 

“My friend and I are staying on the ridge over here. We can get you something to eat and some sleep and we’ll go home in the morning?” she offers with a smile. She doesn’t know how long Kiwi has been missing but food and rest won’t hurt and she’ll be better for it in the long run. 

Mallaidh makes the way back to the ridge, following the familiar scent to @Saarthal and where she’d left her. @Max had gone on to search one final time, or to leave something behind should their lost companion return, so she hopes Saarthal isn’t too off put by a new, younger addition for the time being. “Hey, Saarth?”
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
i'm a bloody fallen angel
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal was brooding. or, well, thinking. mostly brooding. turns out going on a soul-searching journey isn't all fun and games. it was exhausting and tiring and she was beginning to think that no, she wasn't attracted to girls - rather, she had no preferences for gender because regardless, they were all shit and she hated everyone and everything. yeah. yeah, no, she was definitely attracted to girls. and guys. but god, it was just so annoying.

mallaidh's voice rang through the air and saarthal glanced out, ears twitching in the direction of the sound. ah, she was back. sprawled across the ground, saarth made no move to get up as she called out, "yeah, what's up?"
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi bounced along after her newfound servant guide, stopping every so often to examine anything interesting (ie everything).  

"Kay," she responded to the offer of food, nosing at a leaf before bounding to catch up.  

When the unfamiliar voice responded, though, Kiwi's ears tilted back and she looked mistrustfully at Mallaidh.  She hadn't said there was gonna be anyone else here! She was ok because she knew Kiwi's sister, but Kiwi wasn't about to make nice with any other weird outsiders.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Kiwi’s distrust goes unnoticed for a moment as Saarthal pops up. Awkwardly, Mallaidh smiles; they hadn’t exactly sorted much out over the last few days but they’re still together. Through thick and thin, she’d hoped, and maybe they can figure everything out eventually. For now, though, they have a distraction and she glances toward the child as her expression changes. “This is my friend, Saarthal,” she says, licking her lips and looking up to her companion. She raises an eyebrow to indicate she knows what she’s doing—sorta—and she’ll explain the first chance she gets.

“And this is Kiwi.”
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal's lips quirked easily up into her ever lopsided grin as her eyes settled on mallaidh and though their relationship needed a lot more communication - and in saarth's biased opinion - in particular on mallaidh's part, saarth was willing to see it through. for now, at least. and so, without noticing the newcomer whatsoever, the girl bounded forward to greet her friend with a lingering kiss on the cheek, should that be allowed, and opened her mouth to speak.

mallaidh spoke first, though, and saarth slowly registered the presence of the newcomer. the baby kid. now. wow. she just. first, she shot an incredulous look over at mallaidh because, "wow. i mean, i thought i was fast but you're on an entirely different level. most people get mated before they decide to have children but we're not even girlfriends yet and now we're raising a kid?" saarth's smirk was teasing, eyes glittering with barely suppressed amusement. "should we mat-" oh, shit, there's an actual kiwi here UM i mean kid, there's an actual kid here. i probably shouldn't swear. or say explicit things. fuck. what things are considered explicit things?? fuck. fuck. mallaidh's gonna kill me if i swear or ruin the baby's innocence. wait. where did she find the baby anyway?? and why did she decide to adopt it? is mating considered explicit? "-marry? yeah. marry." saarthal corrected herself quickly, ears flushing in a mixture of alarm and embarrassment.

she could feel the heat crawling down to her cheeks and she shot mallaidh another look which she hoped conveyed her feelings of: sorry? please tell me what the fuck is going on? why is there a kid here? saarthal had never been around kids when she was growing up. she was always the youngest. the babied one. so. like. how. also. weren't they a team? adoption should be discussed beforehand. hmm. although, to be fair, mallaidh had just found the kid - maybe they were going to discuss it now.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Hold up, what was this wolf talking about?  Kiwi was content to keep to her moody little corner, but marched a few steps stiffly forward instead.  "You aren't my moms," she said with an almost haughty edge.  Her moms were Heda and her mate, so way more important than these wolves.  "An they'll eat you if you don't give me back."  Zero doubts.

Most of this was directed at Saarth, who she was now eyeing with open distrust.  If they wanted to be moms maybe they could take Ephraim.  Then he wouldn't need hers either.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh easily returns the gesture but Saarthal doesn’t catch the look and she frowns, listening to her as her confused expression remains. Such a situation is difficult to enforce comfort though a glimpse alone and so the girl smiles, turning downward as Kiwi objects to all the new information. At first, she takes the girl’s blubbering as awkwardness around a new situation but the words marry tickle at her ears. One falls back and she looks up, briefly, before she speaks to the child.

“I know they will eat us, I have seen them do it,” she says, wagging her tail. It’s been a long time since she’s thought of Artaax, but he flashes through her mind, covered in blood. “Don’t listen to her,” she adds playfully, picking back up and nudging the ashy girl. “She is from Drageda. You remember Blixen, who washed up on the plateau?” she explains, though she hadn’t been there or around while her ex-girlfriend remained kept in Max’s den for a while. “This is her sister.”
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
saarthal couldn't help but snicker at the kid's words. not because being literally eaten was a funny thing, but because of the underlying sexual connotations. "they can try," the girl said, regretting her choice of words less than a second later. god, she really wasn't good with kids. at all.

saarth looked over at mallaidh, silently begging for any sort of assistance. "ohh, blixen! i liked her." even though they'd technically only met for no more than five minutes, and saarth hadn't really bothered to look around for her ever since. in fact, she kinda forgot that such a thing even happened. which was probably bad. she probably shouldn't mention it. "so...are we bringing her back?"
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ohhhhh ok she was definitely telling Nomi to eat this one.  She did not like her one bit, and showed this by narrowing her gaze and stalking away behind Mallaidh.  There she sat, effectively and studiously ignoring Saarthal despite the compliments towards her sister.  

Little nose in the air and in a bit of a snit, she kept quiet, though watching her would show ears that were definitely tilted the direction that the talking was occurring.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Saarthal doesn’t catch the drift and causes the girl to step back. She smirks first at Saarthal, amused by her awkward nature but Kiwi’s distress becomes obvious. There’s a weird swell of her chest that causes her to want to protect her, even from her friend. Okay. Time to clear the air. Everything will be okay.

“Yes, of course. Her pack is not far from here,” she says, “but I thought we could all get something to eat and rest and we’ll go in the morning, bright and early and with a full belly.” Her voice is soft and she glances down to the goufa, hopeful the prospect of food will make everything a little bit better.
182 Posts
Ooc — cas
okayyyy. this situation was uncomfortably awkward in a way saarthal disliked immensely. she liked social situations, sure, but this one...she really wasn't good around kids. couldn't censor herself. the thoughts kinda just flowed on their own accord into words which adopted a mind of their own as they fell off her tongue. 

mallaidh spoke and saarthal nodded in agreement, eyes flickering almost nervously between the kid and her friend. "food sounds great," she glanced over at the baby, then away, teeth worrying into her lip. getmeouttahere is this over yet-
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi was pretty hungry, not having eaten in a while.  But while she glanced over at the mention of food, she didn't say anything.  Her cool mood would last until there was actually food in front of her, at which point she would forget some of it again and calm her shit down.

this can be a wrap if we want!