Blacktail Deer Plateau Will you hold the line?
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Private 

Kavik already considered the plateau theirs; they had been here long enough that if anyone had a problem with it, they surely would have made themselves known. Now, the territory belonged to him and his pack, and Kavik was prepared to protect it at all costs. These were his thoughts as he lowered his head to the river to take a drink. He brought his head back up, moving his tongue across his inky lips to remove the excess water that had gathered there. 

He began to follow the river again, resuming his afternoon trek. He wasn't exactly patrolling; just kind of walking next to the river and learning the the territory that was his. He had certainly calmed down a little now that things seemed to be moving towards a more stable place, but he still felt the weight of being an alpha. It was his responsibility to keep everyone safe, although it wasn't really a new feeling for him; he had felt that way about the pack for a while now, it just weighed more heavily on his shoulders now that there was a territory to worry about. But, he had been implementing some of Elixir's tactics lately and was pleased to find they were helping. He needed to remember to thank her again the next time he saw the wolfdog. That was maybe why he had gone on this scouting walk of sorts; to help soothe his anxiety.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig had taken to patrolling basically anytime she wasn’t eating or sleeping or conversing with members of the pack. The constant movement helped keep her in shape and also helped to define the borders. The plateau was theirs and no one would take it from them. Besides, she was a beta, and weren’t betas supposed to take on extra responsibilities?

On her way farther inland, she found Kavik drinking from the stream that wound its way through the center of the territory. “Hail,” she called out, coming closer to her alpha. She did not plan on saying anymore, but feeling awkward about her sudden silence, she decided to ask, “How have you been?”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He turned to look at the beta as her greeting reached him. Grezig, he greeted with a bow of his head. I've been okay, he answered, thinking it was a little out of character that she asked but not minding the question. How about you? he asked, returning her question. She was beta now, and that had to make things a little different for her. He was curious to see how his friend was doing with the new role. He certainly understood the pressures that came with leadership, as he had felt them for a while now. Although, she may have been feeling that pressure as well; he felt she had taken on somewhat of leadership role while they were traveling anyway with all the recruiting and helping he and his mate look out for the group. Still, having the official title made things more concrete and was sure to provide more pressure for the female.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“I have been fine,” Grezig told Kavik. “I have spent most of my time patrolling.” She glanced around at the forest, and then she remembered something from back when they’d been on the mountain. “We sparred a few weeks ago,” she reminded her alpha. “I stupidly injured myself, but I asked you for a rematch. I think, now that we have settled down, we should do that. Do you agree?” She had a sparkle in her hazel brown eyes and she could not help the once-over that she gave him, challenging him to come at her. She would not hurt herself this time. She had learned.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He responded with a nod and a, Good, glad that she was settling in and helping to keep their territory safe. When she brought up their previous spar and stated she was ready for a rematch, Kavik replied, I agree. We should try again. He didn't miss the challenging gleam in his beta's eyes when she spoke, and he immediately shifted into a defensive stance, studying her and looking for any sign of weakness. He'd be lying if he said he wasn't worried about hurting her again, but sparring between packmats was important, especially when those packmates were the leaders and needed to know how to protect the pack.

Before she could read too much into his posture (hopefully), he moved to her left but at the last minute changed directions and sprang to her right side. lunging at her, Kavik grabbed hold of her shoulder. His bite was firm enough to keep his grip but not enough to puncture her skin. Refusing to let go until she made him, he held her there and waited to see how Grezig would get out of his hold. 

Rolled 1d10 = 7
Kavik HP: 30
Grezig HP: 23
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Kavik agreed that he and Grezig should do the rematch and Grezig studied him as he seemed to ready himself. However, he almost immediately lunged for her, going for her left side. She shifted stances and just as she did, he switched on her and grabbed her right shoulder in his jaws. She chided herself in her mind. A feint! She should have seen that coming! Well, there was nothing she could do about it now, since he already a hold on her. With little other options, she pushed hard against him, shoving the shoulder that was in his mouth up into his jaws even harder and kept pushing until she was moving him backwards. Her hope was that he would either let go of her or even stumble and lose his footing.
Attack = 8
Grezig HP: 23/30
Kavik HP: 22/30
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
The force of her shoulder against his teeth caused him to let go and stumble back a bit. Kavik recovered quickly, but as he moved to make another advance, his sure footing was interrupted by a large rock, causing him to stumble forward and barely graze her neck with his teeth. After briefly cursing himself for being unusually clumsy, he collected himself and faced Grezig once more, watching for anything that would hint to what her next move would be.

Rolled 1d10 = 3
Kavik HP: 22
Grezig HP: 20
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Grezig quickly stepped back once Kavik let go of her shoulder and watched him stumble as he attempted to advance on her again. She felt his fangs barely graze her shoulder. Then he found his footing and faced her properly again. She barely gave him time to get his paws solidly on the ground again before suddenly lunging for one of his legs, attempting to grip it in her jaws and pull—the move he had pulled on her the last time that had caused her to somehow hurt herself. Unfortunately, her grip was not very strong and it didn’t do as much as she hoped it would.

Attack = 4
Grezig HP: 20
Kavik HP: 18
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik had little time to react once he had steadied himself when he felt Grezig's teeth on his leg. He was able to block her somewhat, but it only prevented her from getting a firm grip. He had intended to block her all together, but she was fast. With her teeth around his leg, he attempted to grab the fur on her neck and pull her off, but in his current position, it didn't really go as planned. He wasn't able to land a bite, but he was able to break free of her grasp and move away from her to turn and face the beta again.

Rolled 1d10= 2
Kavik HP: 18
Grezig HP:18
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Kavik managed to pull away from her, and she felt a light grazing on her neck, but then he was backing up. She allowed him the chance to get away and face her properly again. She took a breath, glanced at him, into his face, and then lunged! This time, she went for the side of his neck, chomping down (though not breaking the skin) and attempting to shake hard, like a dog attacking its chew toy.

Attack: 9
Grezig HP: 18
Kavik HP: 9
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Grezig's teeth grabbed hold of the extra skin around his neck, and she began to shake her head. He couldn't really see a good way out of this position, and the easiest thing for him to do was to move on to her back and try to pin her to the ground. He took advantage of the precarious hold her shaking provided, and tore free from her bite before jumping on her back. He hadn't bee able to gain enough momentum before jumping, so instead of pinning her to the ground, he found himself on her back, grabbing her scruff. He tried to use his weight to push her down, hoping it would be too much for her to hold up for very long.

Rolled 1d10= 4
Kavik HP: 9
Grezig HP: 14
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira

Mature Content Warning

This thread has been marked as mature. By reading and/or participating in this thread, you acknowledge that you are of age or have permission from your parents to do so.

The participants have indicated the following reason(s) for this warning: Sexual references.

Kavik tore free from her grip after a few seconds, and before Grezig could react and reposition herself, he had jumped onto her back! She grimaced and waited for him to come crashing down on top of her, pinning her to the ground like Corvus had, but instead he was… Um. Well.

She had never been mounted before but her instincts told her that this is what it would probably feel like. He had a grip on the back of her neck and his body lay across her back. His balance seemed precarious and due to that, her own balance wasn’t great either. What the fuck are you doing? she yelled in her mind, though the rational part of her brain (so, most of it) was telling her that he had not meant this fight to end in a fuck session. This had probably happened by accident. A flash of Liri’s face appeared in her mind and she quickly shook whatever thoughts she might be having out of her mind. Besides, she only ever planned on fucking for babies, so this position really didn’t do much for her.

Unfortunately, she didn’t have enough strength to push the one-hundred-and-seventy-pound wolf off of her--though she tried--and found her legs crumpling beneath her. She landed heavily with an “Oof!” and Kavik came down with her, his stomach crushing her back.
Attack: 1
Grezig HP: 14
Kavik HP: 8
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Finally, she fell under his weight, and instead of letting her get up after his attack ended successfully, Kavik kept her pinned, still holding his mouthful of her scruff. His hope was that she would give up when she realized there was probably no way for her to get out from under him. This was one situation where his size definitely gave him an advantage. She was strong, but he was huge and outweighed most wolves by quite a lot, his beta included. So with his weight still holding her to the ground, he waited for her to yield or figure out some way to move, hoping the latter would be too difficult for her. The sexual nature of the position was completely lost on him. Grezig was his friend, and they were sparring, so his mind hadn't registered what they might look like on the outside or that Grezig might interpret their position as more than just being pinned to ground by an opponent. 

Rolled 1d10= 9
Kavik HP: 8
Grezig HP: 5
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Kavik’s weight did not lessen, and he didn’t seem to have any intention of moving. Grezig growled. This was not over yet. She strained her muscles, trying to push him off of her, but that didn’t work. She couldn’t even really get her legs under her properly, so trying to stand up and push him off would be literally impossible. She grunted in frustration, just about ready to give up if only so he would get off and give her air. But then she vaguely remembered a move she had performed when Corvus had been on top of her. Hadn’t she rolled over at some point? She did remember crushing his face under her shoulder or something like that. With a sly grin—one Kavik could not see from his position—she quickly and awkwardly flop-rolled onto her side. He was fucking heavy and wasn’t moving very easily, but he was moving. 

When she had finished rolling, her body was now slightly on top of his, though she was upside down, so her back pressed into his side/stomach. She was panting heavily and was hoping he would give in because in this weird position she wasn’t sure what either of them could really do at this point.
Attack: 9
Grezig HP: 5
Kavik HP: 0
GREZIG WINS! (Sorry, Kavik!)
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
To his surprise, the beta managed to slowly roll out from under him. He had refused to loosen his grip on her scruff, so when she rolled, his muzzle went with her, and was squished to the ground under her weight. After a few tugs, he was able to get free and stand up. He shook out his inky coat and looked at Grezig, his gaze still a little wild from the adrenaline. Okay, you win, Kavik panted. Good job. He wasn't sure she would be able to get out from under him, but her creative move had won her the spar, and he was happy to commend her for her victory.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
Kavik pulled his muzzle out from under her body and Grezig quickly rolled onto her paws in anticipation of a new attack. But Kavik had other plans. ’Okay, you win,’ he said, panting. ’Good job.’

She relaxed her stance, allowing herself to feel tired for the first time since they had begun the spar. “Thank you,” she said, bowing her head for a moment. “You did well, also.” Her eyes gleamed with pride but also joy. She had forgotten since her spar with Corvus how much fun this could be. She hoped she never had to use these skills for anything serious, but sparring was good practice no matter what, and it helped to release pent-up energy. 

“I thought I would lose there for a moment,” she admitted. “When you had me pinned like that.”
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik nodded once in thanks to the Beta's praise. It was a relief to know that his faith in Grezig was not misplaced in any aspect. She had proven on multiple occasions that she was a skilled fighter; something that was greatly needed in a Beta.

I'm impressed you were able to escape my hold, he said, pride obvious in his voice as he spoke. That particular move had won him a great deal of spars, and it showed her skill and intelligence that she was able to figure out a way out of it.
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
“Thank you,” Grezig said, offering Kavik a tiny smile before it vanished from her face as though it had never been there. She took deep breaths to steady her breathing, allowing the adrenaline to flow out of her body slowly. A thought came to her mind, then. “Forgive me,” she began awkwardly, not wanting this to come off as some kind of insult. “Can Liri fight? Does she know how? Rather, did she know how before... her accident?” Grezig forced air from her lungs, a harsh sigh. She hated feeling uncomfortable like this. “What I am trying to ask is if it would be prudent to spar with her, as well, or if she already knows how to compensate for her injury.” She glanced at Kavik, held his gaze to show she was not afraid to ask this question, and then looked away again.
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Kavik creased his brow in concern when Grezig appeared uncomfortable asking him a question regarding Liri and her fighting abilities. I don't mind the question, so don't feel uncomfortable asking it, he started, She has found many was to compensate for her injury, and she seems to have done a pretty good job adjusting, Kavik answered with admiration in his voice. I've discussed it with her before, and she made it clear she knew how to defend herself, so I think if you asked her to spar with you, she would most likely agree, he added. Deep down, he balked at the thought of her sparring with anyone, but he knew better than to act on that feeling. He didn't doubt his mate's strength at all, and he never wanted anyone to get the impression that he thought she was fragile, especially when he was usually just being overprotective. 
I'm no good without you
564 Posts
Ooc — Fira
This is old and dragging so I'm closing it.

Grezig listened in silence as Kavik spoke of his mate. She was glad he had not taken her questions the wrong way. When he was done, she nodded, saying, “Thank you. Perhaps I will ask her to spar with me, one day. Eventually I would like to have everyone in the pack spar with me at least once, to assess their skills.” It was an ambitious goal, but it gave her something to do when she wasn’t patrolling or hunting. She stood up, then, bowing slightly to the Alpha. “I am tired now. I will go rest for a while.” She turned and left.

[Exit.]
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
[narrow]Kavik had the same goal and was glad to see he and his beta were on the same page. When she stated she was tired, he bowed his head. Good night, Grezig. Thanks for the spar, he replied before she walked away. When she was gone, the alpha headed to the borders to run a quick patrol, too restless to try and sleep just yet.
I'm no good without you