The Sunspire Patch Adams
147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Private 
@Cassiopeia perhaps after the meeting?

Hyacinth had begun to think over the happenings of the meeting, her mind busy as she sorted her herbs. The main thing on her mind was Howl, how she could be moving so close she could see him once a week instead of once a month if she really wanted to. Her ears went back as she realised she hadn't went to visit him in a very long time and pang of sadness washed over her. He'd probably gotten really close with the other girls he liked while she had been absent. She thought of his eyes and how handsome he was and a wistful sigh left her maw, thinking how it wouldn't be surprising if he had gotten past his feelings for her thinking she'd abandoned him or something of the sort.
~Always down for Healing threads~

medic specialty: 4/10
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the gash near her spine [recieved at some point, in some thread] burns as the woman slips away from the cache, discarding there the fairly fresh haunch dragged down from a cat's kill. tail moving at her rear as she navigates the rock, cassiopeia unwittingly makes her way nearer to where the healer sort her herbs. ever since her father's death, she has avoided the woman. it is fairly clear she knows what truly occurred, and the fact that she'd kept the truth hidden meant she was one of the few to know what had truly occurred. 

when she stumbled upon the healer it was accidental; she'd hoped to slip into the cache and grab one of the few herbs she knew. it wasn't theiving, not when they were for the use of the pack, anyway. but there she stood, suddenly, a short distance from the woman, and chuffed a wary greeting.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth jumped a bit as the greeting came from behind her and she turned around, spotting the female she had only met once before in a not so good situation. She knew what had transpired but not why or exactly how it went down, she also knew that Olive had taken the blame for it and decided that it was not her place whatsoever to bounce right in a make a real mess of things by telling Rannoch what she had seen. Even so she felt a trickle of fear at the sight of the girl, making sure to keep it hidden from her expression by smiling at Cassiopeia. "Hello! What can I help ya with Darling?" she drawled as per usual and gave a slow wag. The scent of blood finally caught her attention and immediately she went into healer mode. "May I look you over?" she asked taking a slow step forward , her tail slowly swaying back and forth behind her in a friendly and almost submissive way.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
she can see something in the edges of the forced smile that has her want this to be quick. some part of her whispers to push it, see how long the smile and charmed words stay in place. she swallows that away and shakes her head, words coming a beat later.  "cassiopeia." she proffered, adding, "no need. I just need marigold, maybe horsetail." she was being curt, and with a stab at the whisper, twists towards the woman so that the still-oozing laceration on her back is visible. she'd figure out how to apply the poultice herself later.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
Hyacinth shook her head a firm look coming over her face. "I won't hand out herbs without checking you" she said, tone still just as friendly but with an edge that said it was final. When the girl turned she caught sight of the wound, oozing, red and swollen. "You had horsetail correct, that treats an already infected wound. Marigold is for new cuts, so that it doesn't become infected." she praised Cassiopeia for knowing one proper herb, she was surprised the girl knew herbs. She gave the black furred she wolf a curious glance, tempted to ask how she knew about plants before she decided it wasn't a good idea. The tension between them was obvious and Hyacinth hated it, but she remembered her conversation with Seabreeze on her bedside manner.

"Look. You seem like a smart girl Cassiopeia. I'm smart too. I know you have your doubts about me, like I have about you but..." she paused and then pushed onward "I kept your secret. I'm the medic. Your wound is small but has a nasty infection and if it spreads any more you'll be unable to move because it's on your spine. Let me treat you properly" she finished her small little firm voiced speech and then look shocked. Had she really just spoken like that? "I'll make a poultice of Horsetail to fight infection, Celandine so the wound doesn't get too sore, and Nettle leaves so the swelling goes down and it doesn't get stiff while healing. I'll also give you half a poppy seed because I'm sure it's sore" she listed off the herbs for treatment and began to pull them out, waiting for her consent before she would begin to chew them up together.

v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
her brow arched a fraction, the only sign of her discontent as the woman made to guard fast her stash. the praise was met only with an upturn of her paw, under which a gash split the pawpad. he'd cleaned it carefully, but the edges remained raw and puckered. "I know." still, the conversation may have gone well were it not for the petite healer's next words, which had something shadowed cross her gaze. 

"my secret's out, medic."  she interpreted the words as an attempt to gain leverage over her. the healer's countenance, her personality, had made the girl uncomfortable for reasons she did not know, and here must be the reason.  her mouth remained set in a firm line, though she was still until the woman finished her explanation, committing the unknown herbs, their appearance and use, to memory. a large part of her wished to refuse treatment by the woman, and any part of her that may have appeared open was now withdrawn and cold. still, she motioned towards the herbs. "just the horsetail, and the nettle." she'd find the marigold for her paw later, and the other two herbs if the woman refused to treat her now. the celandine could be useful, but the wound didn't merit all the painkillers the woman offered. her gaze was hard, and only the knowledge that the wound required the assistance of another to treat kept her from doing something (possibly) regretable.

147 Posts
Ooc — Chey
It was not often that Hyacinth came across a girl so difficult that it made her temper flare. Why would the girl come here if she wasn't going to follow the instructions given? And the cold shoulder plus attitude was not something that Hyacinth had earned or deserved. "My name is Hyacinth, Not Medic." she said tone now significantly less nice, bordering in icy. She turned and grabbed the proper dosage of Horsetail and Nettle, chewing them up into a fine paste before licking it onto the wound as gently as she possibly could and then stepping back again. "You should be fine now. You're good to go" she said in a toneless voice and then backed away. She had much more to say, sharp words fighting to get off the tip of her tongue but she held them back knowing it would get her nothing but trouble.