The Sunspire for fine something all people need
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
Yes, leadership got those rights but that didn't mean that there was even room for her.  Rannoch had certainly made it seem that way.  It wasn't new news.  It was just the way life was. 

Her ears cupped forward as he continued, but the more he spoke, the less it made sense to her.  It was enough to cause her to actually halt the patrol and look at him.  Wait, wait.  She shook her head, trying to figure out what he was actually saying.  Talk about throwing her off script...

Treason was good about plans.  She enjoyed playing with a stacked deck and revealing one card at a time, but when someone else changed the game, she wasn't sure what to do about it.  You can just... Do that?  She had resigned herself to her fate, so something actually maybe going against that just seemed so off the wall that she didn't know what to think.  Terance was a beta -- did he really have the power to promise what he seemed to be in the first place?   Was this planned and she was just screwing with the timeline?  Was Rannoch even more forgetful than he'd appeared to be?

Because things that were too good came with strings.  Didn't they?  What was she missing? Tell me what you expect.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance shrugged. "essentially. we've already gone over the sheer number of wolves in this pack who are mercenaries or training to be one. i'm just one wolf," he began, halting alongside her and turning to better face her, he watched her expression distort with confusion and suspicion. "of course, i'd run it by rannoch and wraen. but they both believe you're a strong wolf with a good head on her shoulders. you deserve a say in our military actions and they both know it." 

"plus, i have a good guilt card to pull," he added, but it was mostly a joke, and he smiled weakly, "kidding.." 

and then she asked what this entailed and, whelp, terance wasn't positive just yet. he meant what he said, sure, but this was also just something he pulled out of his ass. he bobbed his head both sides. "same as i always do, and then some. i need you to be on top of patrols, and those fighting lessons will need to be your responsibility, and i'd expect you to keep on top of them," he told her, but those were just the boring parts... in his opinion, anyway. "do as i do, organize patrols, keep the pack safe-- just as you've always done."

"we try to stay out of trouble but, as you've said, it finds us. when i make decisions, i want you there-- leadership meetings, about other packs, the heavy stuff. and if i can't be there for in the moment situations, i want you to make your best judgement and take control of the situation-- like border sprawls or off territory chaos. and your opinion is valued, if you've got something to say to me about anything ever, just let me know and we can look into it. involve rannoch or wraen if it doesn't involve our typical duties." basically, a whole lot of military stuff. terance would always be in charge, but he needed a second hand to help carry the weight.

and then he asked, "what do you think?"
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
So, from the sound of it, just adding a few official things on top of what she already did.  She nodded thoughtfully.  But if they put her in a position that was deserving of the respect she thought she was owed... Hm.

If they agree... Could work out.  It was about entirely as she could be, but Treason wasn't entirely sure.  Trust was hard to build and easy to lose and it was too soon after things flip-flopping for her to be able to figure out how things would settle.  At least for the short term, maybe it would be good.  Maybe it would turn out to be okay overall, but Treason was not easily swayed.  Things here had seemed the wrong choice in the end, but though this was a shift, it was not a solid thing as far as she knew.  It depended on others.

She looked away a moment, then back to him, You do think they will agree?  I mean, if this is something you've just thought up now...  Treason trailed off.  She wasn't going to get her hopes up, and she already found Wraen kind of iffy.  And Liffey too, if she stepped up again.
Arbiter is often not a nice person and will think mean things without acting on them.
If you aren't sure whether her snarky thoughts might be readable, just ask!  IC≠OOC
guardian of the galaxy
1,292 Posts
Ooc — Magdalyn
Master Guardian
terance nodded. "definitely," he said, eyeing her again. no doubt. well, a little doubt, but terance wouldn't let it show. "i'll get back to you within the week," he continued, and with a raise of his brow added, "promise." just in case she was pretty doubtful on the whole situation, her asking for clarification gave terance the feeling that she was. 

"do you wanna finish this patrol now?" he asked with a small smile, motioning that they start moving again from their stationary place.
nomen est omen
1,069 Posts
Ooc — Jennifer
Master Guardian
She had a lot to think about.  Going back on her not-entirely-spoken decision was just so odd, but all the same it would be easier.  Wouldn't it?  It just seemed so strange now, that someone would ever bother going out of the way to help someone that had pretty much written them all off, but that was probably the difference between Treason and most others.  She expected the worst, always.  She nodded, Do let me know.  Just in case she needed to return to plan A.

Looking ahead was almost a break in itself, Yeah.  Plenty still to go.  Though somehow she suspected it would be done with a lot less talking.  Maybe.  Though her initial curiosity had been pretty well smashed and that train of thought had end up being tossed out a window, then her once-decided thoughts joined them.  What now?  Clouds and fog.  Treason didn't know what else to say, but she did step forward to continue.