Wapun Meadow when I knew love's perfect ache
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
@Greyback - dated to sept. 1st - ish
she paused only to sate her thirst at a meandering creek that slid between cattails, the burns on her limbs healing slowly. the cool water dulled the throbbing as it swirled around her hocks, and she drank deeply with little desire to make the final journey to Easthollow's borders anytime soon. each visit was accompanied by a swirling cloud of dark news, and ever-dwindling ranks recently punctuated by the vanishment of Shale. 

it was as if the curse had flipped; instead of robbing children of mothers, it took fathers. she'd not thought of it since long before her father's death, but it slunk back into the rear of her thoughts now. smoke still took up residence in her fur, and while the fires had all but burned out, she'd yet to return and hunt through the grasslands for any trace of what remained.
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Twitching his ear to the sound of rustling cattails, Greyback looked from his spot on an overhanging river rock. He had come to the stream earlier to satisfy his thirst, and normally would of taken his fill and left, but the overbearing heat on his long coat had left him tired and in need of rest. He would travel back when the sun was lower. After all, Morningside and Bearclaw valley were allies, surely there wouldn't be a problem if he explained the situation.

Easthollow had been without water for a few days now, and while they were working on uncovering the problem, many had to travel outside the border for a drink.

He watched silently as the unknown female drank from the stream, his eyes scanning her coat. His brows furrowed as he noticed the burns along her, and the ash stuck to her fur. It was evident there had been a fire, but the state of the Morningside wolf left the man feeling anxious about the rest of the pack.

Sitting upwards, he looked at her and slowly slid off the rock to stand in the water below. "You're hurt-" He stated, moving closer with his head down. He didn't want the the wolf to feel threatened or scared.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
the sounds of something moving into the water upstream had her gaze flick there, ears rigid atop her silver crown as her muzzle lifted from the creek. the wind did her little favour is discerning a scent, and for a moment she was silent until the familiar odour of Easthollow filtered toward her. he stood a good few inches taller than her, bulkier, too, though her own slimness was well disguised by thick (albeit, singed and less than optimal-looking) pelt. she dipped her head in agreement, straightening. the slightest frown curved her features when a swirl of crimson in the water, tiny and quick to vanish, indicated one of the scabs on her hocks had cracked. 

"our territory burned."  she offered, similarly stating the obvious. "it's what I've come to speak to Valette about."  the man is similarly greyscale, and one of the many Easthollow members she'd never met. despite being born in the stone circle, her brother had always been closer to easthollow. she was merely a link between Valette and the rest of the pack. "I'm Dawn, Morningside."  the latter was both a last name and her home, it did not particularly matter to her how he interpreted it. muzzle canted a fraction, ears (well, ear and a half) twitching in question. and you?
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
"our territory burned, it's what I've come to speak to Valette about."

Greyback assumed so, but hearing the words only made him more anxious. He bowed his head to her slowly before raising back up. Morningside had been in alliance with Easthollow for a long time now. If they were in trouble then surely Valette would need to know. "We are a little far from the border, but I will gladly take you to see Lady Valette, " He replied.

"I'm Dawn, Morningside."

Taking a step forward to the bank he glanced back to Dawn, instantly remembering the name belonged to somewolf high within their ranks. He gave her a smile as he introduced himself. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Miss Dawn of Morningside. I'm Greyback, Easthollow." He looked down into the water below and caught the small strands of pink fading around her. He glanced to her, taking in her build. She was smaller than him, and not nearly as big. He could easily carry her on his back.

"You look a little worse for wear," He stated, hoping she took no offense.  "Let me help you walk? "