Neverwinter Forest I've busted bones, broken stones, looked the devil in the eye
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Private 
Hydra ranged away from Moonspear for a brief jaunt. Alya's trip was meant to be short, and short had not yet been met—she wondered if she had run into beings that had become ghosts to them, as she had the fortune to. Her long-legged strides slowed only when she arrived at Neverwinter, and her tongue lolled as her sharp gaze surveyed her surroundings. 

She felt great peace after her meeting with Terance and had slept the best she had in several months. Had he continued his running? If he had, she imagined she might see another ghost, soon enough—Rannoch. Perhaps he was even here. 

The inkjet Ostrega moved toward a stream and lapped at the cool waters. She cooled off considerably in the shade, and her panting had ceased. Now, she idly sniffed at the air—and detecting no whiff of the Frostfur, Hydra looked to the shadows. @Lyra stared back at her, and Hydra's ear flicked. Neither Alya nor Rannoch had passed through here recently. Lyra drifted deeper into the woods, and Hydra turned to investigate the area she loitered. Why not get better acquainted with this place and what it had to offer? She was attentive to her surroundings all the while, mindful that she was not the only wolf who might be passing through.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
So sorry for the wait! I hate that I've been gone, but I'm sooo excited for these two to meet!

Beneath the dense canopy, the shadow stalked, weaving in-between trunks as he went. Going off on his own had become both habit and hobby that fed his insatiable curiosity and wanderlust. Corvus didn't think he could stand being in a pack if it meant he'd be rooted in place; the refreshing sights and interesting faces he encountered kept his existence interesting.

The scent of deer hung in the air here, though so did something far more interesting―wolf; two, in fact, and they were headed his way. The women soon came into view, their pelts dark and their eyes blue as sapphires. Corvus came to a halt a safe distance away, lightly dipping his head in greeting.
I cannot be killed by dogs. It takes a man to kill a monster.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Lyra noted the arrival of the other by pausing and looking to Hydra. Hydra merely blinked at her, which was enough for Lyra to ascertain what Hydra wanted. Her twin resumed her departure, but Hydra, after sniffing at the earth for any scent that might catch her interest, moved to meet him. The wind brought with it unfamiliar scents, for which she was glad. If she saw another wolf of Sunspire, she did not know how she might behave. They had moved to be free of them, so why did she see and hear of them so often? He looked far better fed than their lot, too. 

It was not difficult to see the scars upon his person as she approached, and her own notched ear flicked. Another warrior within the wilds. Or perhaps he was another madman. Hydra had seen enough of those to know one from Roger, but she slowed regardless to again sniff at the earth as though she had caught a whiff of something that garnered her immediate attention. 

And it did, fortunately for her. The recent scent of an injured animal was left here, and Hydra's nose worked at determining what sort of creature it was. The rest of her attention was upon Corvus, though he would likely not know it. He was within her peripheral, and she listened to hear if he might approach her, now.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
One of the wolfesses separated from the other, which he took note of almost instinctually. He'd keep an ear out for her just in case. The one who remained lowered her head to take in scents. As he studied them, he noticed that the women were identical in every way, even down to the notch in one of their ears. That caught his interest. The woman that remained did not face him, but a torn ear flicked his way, signalling that she was being smartly mindful of his presence.

The smell of an injured creature did not escape him. Perhaps they could work together to catch something―assuming the strangers were trustworthy and competent enough. Well, there was only one way to determine that. Injured deer, Corvus said suddenly, answering an unasked question. Need a hunting partner? He then asked with the slightest tilt of his head, unmoving from his spot so as not to raise any sort of alarm.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
He confirmed what her nose recognized, and her head lifted and turned back to him. His question was a curious one; she had yet in her life to hunt with any other wolves but for those of Moonspear. There was no need to; they were well-fed, and had ample resources. She was no glut, and thus did not desire to hunt it this hour, so she responded with a shake of her head. 

It is easy prey, but those I run with have hunted recently enough that I have no need to fell it, she admitted. And, for her, it was no waste. Especially if it moved toward her home. Hydra continued to sniff at the earth for signs of the herd it might be a part of before she withdrew from that task for a moment and looked back to the stranger. Does your pack go hungry? She asked then, the question innocent in its delivery. Wraen had once spoken to her of famine, which those among them looked to be facing... had it spread?
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Have Corvus' 100th post!♥

She finally lifted her head for their eyes to meet. The wolfess shook her head, explaining that she did not need to hunt. Pity. Her head lowered again to examine the scents on the ground. Meanwhile, Corvus' ears swiveled to keep tabs on the other wolf around, eyes calmly scanning the surroundings for just a moment. "Does your pack go hungry?" She then asked, and their eyes found each other again.

No, He answered curtly before asking his own favorite question in return: What brings you here, then? The nosferatu was not the most versed in conversation; otherwise, he may have offered more, though part of his reservedness also laid in wariness.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
They did not. Her worry faded to nothing, and her ears shifted again as he continued to speak. I am tracking. I like to know the movements of the herds, she revealed, licking her chops. She detected the scents of others among the injured party, and her tail swayed left and right in a display of her evident pleasure in the discovery. Hydra did not reveal she had also come to see if her sister was returning since she had already discovered the answer to that. 

To her disappointment, the herd seemed to head in the opposite direction, toward the sentinels. She supposed she could herd it toward Moonspear with Lyra if need be. Or perhaps he might be interested in such a task? Probably not; it would not benefit him, though some might argue that making Hydra happy yielded benefits in itself. Looking back to him, Hydra echoed his inquiry: And what brings you? Here, she smiled, her voice carrying genuine interest.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"I am tracking. I like to know the movements of the herds," She answered. Corvus nodded in acknowledgement. It was a reasonable answer. His wariness faded into the background of his mind, sensing little danger here.

That's a good thing to know, He replied. To answer her question, Corvus said, I'm exploring. This place is new to me, so I decided to enter it. His answers were less curt now that he felt more comfortable. Deciding an introduction was due, he added, I am Corvus of Blacktail Deer Plateau. While no ambassador by any means, he wanted to know what pack she was from, if she'd offer it. Perhaps they could become allies. Allies were always beneficial to have.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
So, he was a scout, then. Alya would have much the same response, albeit with far more seductive undertones. As he introduced himself, Hydra wondered at the location of such a place. She could not place the familiarity of the name but felt it niggling at the back of her mind... Hydra knew, in her lifetime, she had met none of his pack. In not being able to place it, she spoke in turn: I am Hydra, of Moonspear. I do not think I have heard of the wolves of the Plateau, she reveals, thoughtful. Are you newly settled? She thinks to ask, curious. Hydra was aware she had much more of this world to cover... but sometimes, the world came to her.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Hydra of Moonspear, he echoed in his mind, determined to remember those names. Their uniqueness should make it easy enough. Hydra asked if they were newly settled, and Corvus nodded. We are; it's just northeast of here, past the hot springs, He explained. Corvus also knew not of her pack, but he knew few of the packs' names in these lands. Ideally, that would change in due time. Where is Moonspear? He asked in return with a slight tilt of his head. The name alone grabbed his interest, and it fueled a desire in him to head that way.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Another new pack, but it sounded to be a significant distance away that she was not so bothered by it. At his inquiry, she gestured toward the mountain range to her back. The grandest peak, she informed, a hint of pride in her voice. She had an ample amount of pride, to come from where she did. And why should she not? She had accomplished much there, and was in the early years of her life. There are cubs there, and we are perhaps more protective than most of our territory. We lost one a year ago, she explained, sensing his interest. But, we were informed by the Caldera that justice had been served. Though she trusted Towhee, Hydra could not help but look for him—her hatred of him, the foul murderer, seemed to outlive him.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
"The grandest peak," She said. Following her gesture, his eyes landed on the massive mountain that appeared to pierce the sky. "Moonspear" was a perfect name for such an awe-inspiring landmark. The pride Hydra felt for her land was deserved, and this thought made itself apparent in the awe shining in his eyes. Corvus returned his attention to her when she spoke again, offering more about Moonspear. He was surprised to hear her reveal that they'd lost a pup and more so that justice had to be served for this loss. Not being one to pity, there was only one question on his mind:

Who was the culprit? Now she'd done it. The interest was written on his face, brows raised and eyes wide. He was curious about this caldera pack as well, but that question sat on the back burner for now.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She reveled in the awe. It was something that could not be helped. Her father was wise to claim it, and there could be no better a territory for the family. His question, though, surprised her. He was called many things, She breathed. It would not matter if I told you his name. If somehow he lives and breathes, I doubt he would go by any of them. But I took his right eye, she recalled, thinking on the memory fondly. She should have taken his life, but for those she cared for, she did not. Some did not think him guilty, even though they saw him flee from her body—for them, I let him live, came her sour tone. Her muzzle wrinkled, and she snorted. They each have gone their own way; and later, I came to find he attacked his own sister, while she was with child. Even Towhee had known of his actions against Galaxy, and yet, he joined their ranks. In her adoration of her family, Hydra could not help but understand to a degree. Of course they would hope such a thing. She simply wish that all those she had put her faith in had the same faith in her. Then, action was taken. She was relieved to hear that at last, someone had seen it for themselves, the monster within him. He was pathetic, true, but that did not make him innocent. His victims were a mother to be, and a child.

Hydra licked her chops. In turn, we have become intolerant of others too close to our young when they cannot yet fully fend for themselves. Now, Hydra would not hesitate to kill. She had made more than one mistake, but she learned. She had placed friendship over her family, and she would never do so again.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
He listened intently to her explanation, visibly surprised to learn she took out the man's eye but not opposed to the punishment. Those who saw the culprit as innocent baffled him. It was for the best they left. The lowlife's particular choice of innocent victims disgusted him, and Corvus wondered why his family would ever let the cretin back in their ranks. That was a huge mistake. Still, he kept his features relatively neutral, only flashes of his emotions appearing in the windows of his eyes every now and again.

It wasn't until Hydra finished that Corvus spoke again. That is reasonable... It's unfortunate such tragedy befell your pack, but Moonspear seems quite strong. If you're looking for allies, I could speak to my alphas about it when I return. His words were entirely honest and blunt―he saw no reason for them to deny an ally. If they did, he'd find it questionable, but that'd be no skin off his back.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra nodded her heads, agreeing; it was unfortunate, but he was right, they were strong. His suggestion that perhaps there might be an alliance was one that interested her, but she held her breath. Even her once best friend could not withhold from admitting a murderer into her midst, despite Hydra informing her of his actions... though they had not been named allies, even if they had been, would it have mattered to her, when faced with family? 

She licked her chops. What are your leaders like? She asked, and after a beat, hummed, Have you formed any relations with other packs? Her ear flicked, wondering if that might mean they would have to adopt similar standpoints.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Insert grimacing emoji @ my anticipated response from Hydra, LOL.

Hydra asked about his leaders and other pack relations in response, reasonably. He didn't have to pause to ponder what his leaders were like. My alphas are very amicable and kind, but they're also no pushovers, Corvus explained. The latter question did make him scrape around in his mind for a moment, eyes trailing away in thought until he remembered.  It was a very recent happening and honestly still felt a bit strange to him, considering their odd first interaction at the vale.

Finally, Corvus answered, We very recently made an alliance with Sunspire. They seem nice enough. Mostly, He added internally, briefly thinking back to the strange wolfess named Treason among their ranks. She stuck out like a sore thumb compared to how kind and... well, normal the others were. That was neither here nor there, though.

Romanian | English
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
NOT  YET!

Hydra's ears flicked forward as he spoke on his leaders. I respect that, she said with a nod. Though she did not know him, Hydra could not imagine the dark man before her following anyone with such a descriptor, though she realized she, as of now, knew very little. Sunspire. It was not a pack she knew by name, and so Hydra shifted her weight. Who leads these wolves? She asked then, having not heard of them. Moonspear has been around for years, though in truth, we have only ever interacted with those residing nearest to us, Hydra admits, though, I do not think it would hurt to see how we both may benefit from an alliance to one another. We have never formed a concrete one, I do not think. I could go and speak with my fellow leaders, and you could speak with yours, to see what would be expected in such a relationship, the Beta thinks aloud, and her gaze shifts to him, wondering what he might think of that. It is relatively clear that she is no ambassador, and that her mind works in the way of a warrior. She did not want to lead him astray or lie to him—Hydra had no reason to do so, and oh, how she detested a wolf who could not keep their word, or speak an honest one.
☽ Nosferatu ☾
226 Posts
Ooc — Sparx
Sorry again for the absence!

"Who leads these wolves?"

He had to wrack at his brain to remember the alpha's name, but it eventually clicked. Frostfur... Rannoch Frostfur, He answered, eyes meeting hers again once he found it. Rannoch could've had a mate, but he wasn't sure. He didn't know a terrible amount about Sunspire. Hydra explained that Moonspear didn't have any concrete alliances and only interacted with packs nearby. That was fair, though a solid alliance couldn't hurt. Corvus nodded at her idea to mention the prospect of an alliance up to their alphas. That sounds good. I'm sure my alphas would all for it.

Romanian | English