Shadow Mountain Energized like a nine volt, ice cold.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
Drizzle collected on the tips of his fur,  but the beast paid little attention as he moved through the cool shadows cast by the much taller mountains surrounding him. At some point, he stopped to shake the water from his dark coat, knocking some loose rock from beneath his paw as he did so. Midar watched with little interest as the freed pieces of rock tumbled down the incline before disappearing somewhere far below. But the sight caused a new memory to surface, and he froze as it rushed into his mind. In the memory, his large body tumbled down the side of some mountain he didn't recognize, jagged rocks hitting different places on his body and the remembered pain causing him to wince a little. The memory consisted of nothing more than him tumbling down the rocky slope; he had no idea where it happened or how it ended, but he knew it was real. He had a suspicion it was linked somehow to his escape, although the events surrounding it were still very fuzzy, even after all these months. Midar remembered the hours before his apparent escape and then waking up on some forest floor, head pounding and blood oozing down his face from a gaping head wound. This was not a new occurrence; flashes of memory came to him occasionally, but it was usually just small pieces to what seemed to be a much larger puzzle. 

During his time healing from his head wound, he soon found out that other memories had been lost, too. The purple mark on his shoulder was a constant reminder of what he couldn't remember. The day he had seen it in the reflection of the water, he had stared at it in confusion because he couldn't recall where it had come from. He remembered most of his childhood from what he could tell (which really who knows) and the mark was not there. When he tried to picture the same shoulder as an adult, it was all just too fuzzy. One day the memories might be jolted back by something, but until then, it was just something to remind him that pieces of his life puzzle were still missing.

The beast continued to replay the new memory in his head as he padded along the shadowed mountain side, the drizzle collecting in his fur again. It was wasted energy to stop and shake his pelt out again, so he left it there to soak through to his skin as he moved across the uneven terrain, occasionally kicking loose rocks down the mountain side again and watching as they tumbled down much like he had in his new puzzle piece.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
In his effort to find the right place to settle Damien had moved in many directions and for great lengths, but nothing other than the stain of darkness that was Blackfeather Woods in the distance seemed to suit his taste. There was too much built there to just forget it, and even though he knew he needed to branch out and build his own way there was still a longing feeling that pulled him to Blackfeather Woods. To his home.

Still Damien put all his effort into finding new things and he forced his nose to seek east instead of south. He hiked up the sunspire range and after a day of walking he reached a lush and peaceful paradise. Almost tripping on many a lose rock under the rain Damien made his way down to the forest that covered a shadowed mountain. Though the place seemed lush and capable of sustaining him and his crew Damien could still feel the vibrations of Blackfeather Woods reaching out for him. He needed to go further. But as he prepared himself to hike back up the slippery mountainside a rock rolled down the hill and almost hit him. He looks up to find a dark figure walking somberly up the hill, kicking every loose rock in his way. But what catches Damien's eye is not his attitude or behavior... What really stands out is the tattoo on his shoulder, which despite being the exact same shape of his own tattoo, Damien's is carved right on his skin while the other male's was dyed onto his fur.

Realizing that he hadn't yet been noticed Damien decided to follow the man in silence, taking advantage of the rain to mask his scent as he re-traces the male's path through the forest.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He walked for a long time lost in his thoughts before he registered the presence of someone else. The beast stopped walking and looked around but didn't see anyone. His senses were sharp, meaning he rarely missed much, so he was sure he had heard the sound of steps on the rock-strewn ground somewhere behind him. Midar walked in the direction he thought the other to be in, hackles raising in preparation for a fight. He stopped after a few steps, looking around again, is amethyst gaze searching the area again but coming up blank. Finally he called out, Whoever is out there, show yourself. He lowered his head a lifted his lip, readying himself for whatever stepped out from the shadows.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
I am so so so so so so sorry omg
@Midar we need this to get going. Are you up for a spree???

And he kept up the act until what had to happen finally happened. He hadn't figured anything out yet, no ideas came to mind of where he could have gotten the marks other than his own family jumped to mind, yet he was just as curious when the male noticed his presence and called him out.

In silence Damien revealed himself, not a thread of worry marred his expression as he allowed the moon to cast its light upon him, and he faced the dark stranger with a sure stare. Who are you? Where did you get the mark? that summed up all his curiosity. Are you a Melonii? he had to be. He just had to. His own tattoo was visible even in the darkness of night, for the skin in which it had been carved had never grown hair again. His eyes observe with curiosity the dyed version on his counterpart and thinks... Was the carving necessary?
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Don't worry about it! And sure, I can spree!

He watched the dark stranger move out from the shadow, eyes flicking briefly to the similar marking on the male's shoulder before resting back on his scarred face. He raised his head, offering the other wolf his expressionless mask. Yes, I'm a Melonii, he chose to answer first. The second question was harder. He remembered his first interaction with @Mati, and how she had asked him the same questions. It couldn't be a coincidence that he had wandered here and had already run into two relatives. He wondered if some part of his useless mind had steered him here, going off of some memory he clearly wasn't privy to. 

His brow furrowed slightly for a split second before he finally answered, I don't know. I can't remember. He wasn't scared of this wolf or of admitting what he couldn't remember--or of dying for that matter; it would surely be a welcome relief from stumbling through life with half of his memories, even if he was growing some kind of secret attachment to the strange woman who had agreed to travel with him; she'd be better off without him anyway. 

He didn't offer anymore information or questions, but instead just continued to stare at the stranger, his face eerily blank.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
The confirmation brought a strange feeling to his gut. He had felt it before, each and every time he met one of his blood relatives, but this time things started to take new colors. With this one, Damien counted four Meloniis who had come this far north, and even if he wasn't the superstitious kind he was, he would still believe that it could be no coincidence. You seem a bit lost, said the dark prince kindly. There was no need for mystery now, and he found it unlikely that the male would know the pass code if he didn't even know how he got the marks. I'm Damien Melonii. Son of Meldresi. he revealed, not expecting his own name or his mother's to ring any bell at all, but hoping that the shared surname would bring some confidence and lower the tension in the air. How could it not? If the same blood ran through their veins, and the auras around them shared the same darkness clinging to their dna. Perhaps you'll let me help you? he couldn't resist. His new pack needed the numbers, and given their ties it would be stupid not to try, and with a hopeful glare Damien fixed on the other male's plum eyes, shining with a familiar eerie gleam.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
A bit lost. The beast almost released sick laughter at that term for it was quite the understatement, but instead he watched him quietly, keeping his thoughts to himself. The male introduced himself, revealing that they, too, shared a last name. It was very strange that he was here meeting all of these supposed family members--too strange, and he wasn't sure what to make of it. 

He then did something far more strange and offered to help him. Midar narrowed his eyes suspiciously, finally revealing some kind of emotion. Why? he asked. You don't even know me. This stranger had no idea the kind of wolf he was or the kind of things he had done and would easily do again for the right price.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Damien couldn't blame his kinsman for being suspicious. He would have probably been the same, perhaps even more aggressive at it, so he understood why the dark Melonii would want to know more before even considering Damien's offer.  It always came down to blood for Damien, no matter how little he knew of his family. Any Melonii that ever crossed his path would find an ally in him, and Midar was no exception.

Because we're family, said Damien. If not ourselves, then who can we hope to ever offer help so selflessly? 'selfless' was far from accurate, but Damien Truly wanted to help. I'm the leader of my branch of our family here... Our home is yours. he explained, it felt like his duty to some extent. You can rest and gather strength, and hopefully we will find a way for you to remember. he offered, and his eyes blinked with unprecedented kindness.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He supposed that was believable enough. Being family seemed like a good enough reason to help a perfect stranger, but still he remained suspicious, watching him silently as he continued to speak. He offered him a place to stay, and he would be lying if it wasn't a tempting offer; he was tired of being constantly on the move. He searched Damien's face for any signs of deceit, but found none, only kindness. 

He relaxed slightly. Okay, he finally replied. He would go where his family was; it seemed like the most logical thing to do at this point, and he was a little curious to see what other family members were here. He would remain suspicious, though, until he felt out the other wolf a little more. He hadn't gotten this far without half of his mind by blindly trusting whoever seemed to have good intentions. He nodded then, indicating that his new-found family member could lead the way.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
last post here! Sorry bout my slow ass

With a kind look in his eyes Damien hoped for a possitive response from Midar. It was obvious that the blue eyed shadow had gone through some stuff and there were only good intentions in Damien's offer. He would always look out for his family, and although he knew very little about his ancestry and most of his living relatives, he knew that he could always strive to offer them a safe haven under his protection. There war little else to life in him aside from that.

Finally Midar chose to accept Damien's offer and with a thankful nod he said Okay, follow me, and lead the way back to Neverwinter. If his cousin allowed it, Damien would try to find out more about him in their journey, but for now he believed Midar needed some more time to get to trust him enough to share.