Duskfire Glacier Just a little rush, babe.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Pack Activity 
Pack hunt! I'm going to do this in rounds. Each round will be 7 days long and will begin a new posting order, so if you miss a round and still want to join in, you can! 
@Siarut @Shivali @Uki @Mirabelle @Samothes @Alessia @Nanook @Aleks

@Steele @Tomkin @Calloon You guys don't have to join if you don't want to, but you're welcome to since you'd technically be apart of the pack by now.

Puppies, feel free to watch of you want!

Also! Sorry you guys got two tag notifications! I forgot peeps would still be notified when I saved the post as a draft last night. 

Her morning patrol was almost complete; she just needed to make a visit to the icefield, and then she would probably head up to the top of the mountain for while. Taki had her nose to the ground as she neared the field but came to a swift halt when a tantalizing scent filled her nostrils. An elk; she would recognize that aroma anywhere, and she grew excited when she deduced it was on its own, not coming across any scents or other markers that indicated the presence of a herd. She hadn't smelled or seen one in a while, but this was their mating season and the males were more likely to venture out on their own. 

She silently moved closer to the snowy field until her citrus gaze found the large, lone bull elk standing in the middle as if he owned the place. He was a huge, burly mass of beast complete with a dangerous set of formidable antlers. They heavy scent of wolves drenching the area didn't seem to deter the beast in his hormone-driven state, which also meant he was likely to be more aggressive. This would certainly only be a successful hunt with the aide of the pack, so Taki slowly and quietly walked back the way she came. When she was far enough away that she thought a howl wouldn't alarm the elk, she tilted her head back and called for the pack to come help her. With the call sent out, she quietly made her way back towards the icefield, stopping far enough away that the elk could be seen but wouldn't be alerted to their presence while they discussed a strategy.
Inuttuk
Common

100 Posts
Ooc —
Away

She was on a patrol of her own.  Wandering paws were meant to be on the move, and Mirabelle often felt quite restless if she wasn't doing anything.  At Takiyok's call she moved swiftly towards her Malguk.

She arrived before anyone else (to her surprise) and offered the Northern woman a kind nod.  Greetings, she said in a whisper, We're feeling rather ambitious today.  An elk was no easy feat, but if anyone could do it, it'd be them.

I am not useful for much of the takedown, but I can distract.

142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele had been laying on the cool ground thinking about everything that had happened. It was fast for him to join another pack but he had an interest here, something he didn’t feel when he was at the Sanctuary. His tongue smoothly went through his fur as he was cleaning his paws the howl came busting through his ears. It wasn’t a danger type howl so he went to investigate. 

As the brute cane to a stop near the two other wolves he hadn’t formally met yet his head dipped down. He brought up his head from the dip and then spotted the elk off in the distance. “This would be a good win if we can get it down. I can help in the take down.” He said nodding to Takiyok. He couldn’t wait to stretch his legs and get a hunt in.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

Need to get ahold of me? Discord (AMA102) or pm me. 

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
The call is made and Shivali’s twitches her ears. It has been a long time since she’s hunted something with a pack and her paws shift on the ground, looking back at @Tahani. Her sister encourages her to go and for her to watch the children that stay behind—any that choose to watch are taken with—and she makes a quick zoom through the territory until she finds the thickness of her sister’s scent.

Her attention is first drawn to the background, eager to see what they’re up against. Dark blue eyes widen in surprise but she feels hopeful this day. Shivali turns to see who else has appeared to help out. Mirabelle, to her surprise, and she greets her in her native tongue with a smile.  When her eyes land on Steele, though, she blinks a few times in surprise. He stands like her belongs and she wonders how long he’d been here, why he is here, and… many more she can’t quite articulate.

Nervously, she wags her tail.

Shivali takes a deep breath and steps closer to the pale woman she’s been teaching the language—and in return, by request, Shivali has been learning from her too—and remains silent while she waits for instruction.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
i opened my mouth in the night and the night poured in
the night fit against the ridges behind my teeth
the night packed itself under my tongue and settled in, as if to sleep
146 Posts
Ooc —
The call is surprising, given they've rarely been summoned since settling on the glacier. Nonetheless, the berserker tucks the plants she was gathering away and heads in the direction of the call. Shivali and Takiyok, who had howled, were already there when she arrived, alongside one of the southern wolves she didn't know very well and the recruit she'd brought back.

Uki offers them a chuff and even gives Steele a small smile of welcome, reminding herself to speak with him later - if they could speak around their language barrier. She'd brought him here, it was only right that she make sure he was settling well. Her moonlight gaze is drawn beyond, to the imposing silhouette of the elk. Appreciation shines in her eyes for the impressive specimen; he's in the prime of his life and it shows. 

The tundrian offers no words, falling in with the group as if she might go unnoticed amongst the other white pelts and snow. Surely it's clear to them by now that Tapeesa will do what she's told.
"And you're tired of not being strong."
tell me what the rain knows
58 Posts
Ooc —
Tunerk was permitted to follow for this hunt, and she did so eagerly. Though she could not participate, she had been told in a stern voice, she could watch this time. Her interest in hunting was something she may have inherited from her own mother, who she very clearly adored. As they made their way to the hunt, Tunerk assaulted her with such an emotion, nipping and licking her chin, and when Shivali would not have it anymore, she found her atsa and harassed her in the same way.

She returned to her mothers side as the group came to a stop. Sensing her nervous excitement, but not knowing it for what it was, the cub mimicked her, though her own excitement was a bit more grand in comparison—her tail would likely wack against anyone close to her. It was something she could scarcely contain, though other than the steady beat of her plume Tunerk did well in keeping her composure. Up until she caught sight of an elk, that was.

A whistle-whine came past her lips, and she shifted her weight in a manner that revealed her antsy attitude. They were massive, and though she wanted to help she knew she could not today. Her eyes shifted to her mother and she asked in a quiet voice: What are they? Tunerk had been taught of their prey, though still would not know an elk from a moose if she saw one, given her lack of being exposed to them. The pack had done well in protecting the young from what their curiosity could get them into.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Sorry for the wait on the next round. I was trying to give a little more time in case anyone else wanted to join in on the first round. New round=New posting order. :)

Mirabelle was the first to arrive, and Taki gave her a nod in greeting. Perhaps, but it will be worth it if we're successful, she replied. She stated that she would be better at distracting, and Taki replied, Good, we'll need a good distraction. Maybe they could ambush from all sides while Mirabelle distracted from the front. 

The next to arrive was the new packmate she had not met yet, and she greeted him with a nod. Shivali and Uki arrived after that, and Taki offered them greeting nods as well. Tunerk appeared to have followed her mom and Taki returned her affectionate greeting with a nuzzle and licks to her little face. Greeting out of the way, her niece went back and settled next to Shivali. Taki waited a little longer to see if anyone else would show up, and was disappointed to find that no one else answered her call, not even her brothers.

With a heavy sigh, she moved to address the small group. Well, I think the five of us should be enough if we have a good plan, she offered with a quick glance at the elk to make sure he was still grazing unsuspectingly in the icefield. I was thinking Mirabelle could distract from the front, and the rest of us could surround the elk and ambush him. I'll take the right side, but you guys can divvy up the the left and rear. I think we should have two come from behind. She laid out the plan for everyone before turning to her older sister and translating it all in their native language. When she was finished, she looked to Shivali for approval. She was the better hunter, so Taki would take any advice offered; she just wanted to do whatever would give them the highest chance of being successful.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
She allows Tunerk to step up and greet her aunt and she watches fondly. Briefly, she wonders what would have happened if they had stayed in Blackfeather Woods. How would her children have turned out? Just like them? Like the father that does not care for them? Her jaw tightens at the thought as her daughter returns to her side. Lowering her head, she gives her a nudge and reinforces that she needs to simply observe and stay out of the way. An elk of this size can kill a full grown adult. A child like Tunerk won’t even be felt.

As Takiyok divvies into instruction, Shivali nods her head as she understands the best she can. Worry crosses her brow and she steps up, only to speak directly to the woman. “I will do whatever you want me to do,” she says, hoping her younger understands she doesn’t follow 100% with the common tongue of her instructions, hoping she’ll tell her what to do to best suit the situation. Dark eyes turn out toward the elk, still oblivious to their gathering, and eagerly awaits with a roaring stomach.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
146 Posts
Ooc —
The tundrian watched the horizon but it appears she was the last to answer Takiyok's call. She shouldn't be disappointed not to see Tomkin but she is, ignoring that tidbit of information as best she can. 

The English instructions are lost on her, her pale gaze drawn to the elk as he grazes - her admiration for the creature undeniable. Her gaze was drawn reverently to the sky, praying to any of her gods that would hear her words. 

When Shivali steps up, her soft words understandable - Uki glances to the sisters, nodding slightly. 
142 Posts
Ooc —
Steele was sort of shy as he seen Shivali, who he had had an encounter with before at the river, she had in tow a child. He cocked his head a little but quickly straightened it out as he wasn’t too surprised, he never got much out of her that night. He gave her a toothy smile, probably looking like he was trying to hard but he was slightly nervous feeling as though he was trying to prove himself to the pack. 

Then came Uki who also gave him a greeting. He was a bit confused still of their language but despite that still thought Uki was sweet. He gave her a warm smile and a slight nod. She had lead him back here and for that he was grateful. 

After the greetings he shifted his weight and listened to the instructions. “I can do whatever is needed of me. The elk won’t come down easily or without a fight, Someone is bound to get hurt if we aren’t careful “ he said, of course they probably knew that but having it said twice or even three times doesn’t hurt. In his lifetime hunting strategies have to be thought out perfect for the outcome not to have anyone hurt.

Never give up. There are always tough times, regardless of what you do in anything in life. Be able to push through those times and maintain your ultimate goal. - Nathan Chen

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
New round=New posting order. PPing Mirabelle with permission.

She turned back to Uki and Shivali. Mirabelle is going to go first and distract from the front. I'm going to circle around and come from the right. Shiv, can you take the left side, and Uki, can you come from behind with Steele? she said, switching to the northern language to make sure they understood the plan. She turned to Steele next and asked, Can you take the rear with Uki? She nodded at everyone then and waited to make sure there were no more questions. 

Assuming everyone was okay with the strategy, Taki gave Mirabelle a nod to let her know she could head towards the elk. The malguk watched as the pale female made her way into the field and grabbed the creature's attention. He released a frothy snort of anger upon seeing her packmate and charged towards her with his formidable antlers. Mirabelle was quick, though, and managed to lure him away from us, leaving his back to the waiting predators. 

Taki saw the vulnerable position the elk was in and took that as her cue to take her position. She moved silently and quickly to the beast's right side, only sprinting when she was close enough to close the distance without much exertion. The elk was still thoroughly distracted by her packmate, and she took her chance and lunged at him. Her jaws met his shoulder and she bit down hard, her teeth sinking into the creature's flesh. He released an angry grunt and tried to knock her off with his antlers. The malguk released just as the elk's weapons came at her, rolling a little when she hit the ground but quickly jumping to her feet again to assess the situation.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Takiyok translates the orders in something she can better understand. Part of what had been said had been understood but she couldn’t feel in the blanks properly. An appreciative smile adorns her muzzle. Her eyes turn and glances toward Uki’s instruction, then glanced back over her shoulder at Steele as they settle the final details. She doesn’t know what to make of his presence in her pack—had he followed her here?—but despite trying to shove it away, she finds herself back.

Forcing herself to look away, she glances down at Tunerk. “It is very important you listen to me,” she begins to tell her daughter. “I want you to stay here and watch. Only watch. If, for any reason, it heads in your direction, I want you to get out of the way and hide.” Shivali holds her daughters gaze for a moment, hoping to get the message across. One wrong turn and the elk could crush her only little girl. Part of her wants to take her back to her other sister but she knows this is how they learn and she indicates the spot she wants her to stay: behind a thick bush that hopefully offers the best lookout from between the leaves.

Her younger sister puts everything together, sending Mirabelle out. Her muscles tense and she moves, pacing in a small zone as she waits for her cue. Putting space between her and the others to take the left side and waiting for the moment to try and throw it off guard. As Takiyok takes off, Shivali moves, rapidly closing the distance between them and striding up to the left side. It veers its rear to the left, bumping into her, but scarcely do his hooves miss her tender paws in comparison. As it tries to fight off the one bite, she lunges in and locks her teeth behind its elbow and into the grove below where it meets the shoulder and the tender nerves that live there.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
146 Posts
Ooc —
As Takiyok's translated directions reach her ears, understanding lights within her argent gaze and she gives a single nod of affirmation to the Malguk. 

The tundrian turns to Steele as the members of the pack begin to split into various formations, nudging his shoulder briefly with camaraderie. A genuine smile lit up her features, her tail wagging as she loped after the others - excited by the prospect of hunting. 

Mirabelle was off first, a cream blur as she bolted towards the elk - drawing his attention from the front with a frenzy of snaps as she darted nimbly out of reach of his antlers. The Ateneq sisters were close behind, flanking the deer on both sides. Shivali managed to latch onto the dip between the elk's foreleg and broad shoulder but Takiyok is dislodged, rolling away. 

Uki charges from the rear, Steele at her side, giving the ungulate's powerful hind legs a wide berth. A well placed kick to the head could be the end of Tapeesa. She finds herself on the right side of the elk, her jaws finding purchase in the elk's tender underbelly. As her overly long fangs rip into the elk, Uki knows it will be enough to slow him but not end the beast's life. 

Her silver gaze finds searches, her line of sight limited by keeping her hold on the struggling elk, searching for Malguk. Were her mouth not full she would shout for the Beta to take the kill, open its throat.

@Steele some PP, I can edit if I need to
142 Posts
Ooc —
As he was given instruction he stood and nodded. When they broke off into their groups he followed Uki closely. They seen Mirabelle take off with Shivali clenching onto it on another side. The adrenaline pumped through his blood just watching the others at first. He knew they had to wait for the perfect time but it was hard with so much excitement.

Uki and Steele started to go for the behind. Steele went for the side that Uki didn’t go for. His muscular legs flexed as he ran full speed ahead. Steele opened his mouth and grabbed for the hind end. He felt that his grip was strong enough to hold so he took his paws and dug his claws in to hold.

948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
We can go ahead and start wrapping this up.

Everyone had taken their respective places, dealing damaging bites to their formidable prey. Taki wasted only a few moments taking in the sight in front of her before jumping back into the action. The malguk ran up beside the weakening elk, fixing her gaze on the vulnerable spot on its neck where she knew a well-placed bite could successfully end the hunt. She increased her pace until she was head to head with the beast before leaping up towards its neck. Her teeth met flesh, and she immediately clamped down, blood filling her mouth before dripping down her neck. 

The elk made a few weak attempts to dislodge her, thrashing his head with much less force than he had used before, so Taki was able to keep her hold easily. Eventually, his steps faltered, and his front end fell to the ground, followed soon after by the rest of his massive form. The malguk continued to hold on to her mouthful even as they creature lie in the ground beneath her and her packmates, only letting go when she was sure she felt its last breath.

She looked to everyone else, panting heavily as she visually checked to make sure no one was injured, exhilaration in her citrine gaze.
Inuttuk
Common

·    ⋆     ˚ ˚    ✦
240 Posts
Ooc —
Everything happens quickly and the only doubt in Shivali’s mind is she hardly knows the wolves she’s hunting with. Takiyok and she move easily in tandem, but the others? She hardly has any experience. Uki she trusts enough from all her work during travel and getting the glacier claimed, but the others she only knows and hopes has her back if she goes in, too.

As moose starts to weaken, however, it becomes erratic and soon she does not have to worry about the others. The back end finally comes down as she chomps on part of a leg and lets go to yelp in surprise. Her back legs give out beneath her and she shuffles out of the way quickly so that it doesn’t completely crush her. She nearly trips over the massive horns and makes an arch around the felled creature with an awkward limp from her back legs. Heavy breath escapes her, blood covering most of her muzzle and chest, and moreso on her sister, and she glances to the other pack mates with a triumph feeling to pack the punch.
Nothern 
Common
0/3 threads
146 Posts
Ooc —
In moments the balance of the world shifts.

This giant beast is falling, falling, falling right where Tapeesa stands. 

Her jaws rip free of the flesh, too panicked to properly pull them from the wounds, and the northerner rolls sharply to the right - away from the elk. Panting, she rises, limbs trembling with exertion. 

The ungulate does not rise again. 

With a primordial, instinctive yip she began to howl brokenly - the call lacking the authority of a leader - announcing their victory. A grin breaks across her feautures; exhilerated cannot begin to describe how she feels.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
This will be the last from me. I'm going to leave it open until Monday for anyone else, and then I'll archive it!

She nodded to her packmates, proud of what they had done. When a howl left Uki, the malguk couldn't help but issue one herself, hers loud and beckoning the rest of the pack to come eat should they want to. Of course the ones who helped her take the beast down should get to start eating first, so after she finished her call, she turned to the group and gave an encouraging dip of her head, telling them to go ahead before digging in herself.
Inuttuk
Common