Cedar Sweep he eats the whole chicken wing, bone and everything
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
All Welcome 
As night swept across the land, Behemoth made his move. His large form disappeared under the cloak of darkness. Pale yellow eyes glanced about as he eyed for something worth his time. Perhaps he could find another nocturnal creature to pester. Would bats be about to bark at and chase after? Raccoons or opossums? He could only hope.

The ebony beast crouched to the ground as he found a small hole near the roots of a tree. He nosed around it momentarily before sticking his nose right in. The signs of a vole flooded his senses. He eagerly pushed his snout in a bit further, opening up the entrance a bit more. Hungrily he clicked his teeth together in hopes of grabbing the creature for a quick midnight snack.
note: behemoth is primarily nocturnal
as such, his threads will take place at sunset or night
Ghost
in time you'll taste all the salt in my lungs
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
It is nightfall when the sylph makes her leave of Redhawks’ fold, her children tucked deep and undisturbed in their new den. As Caiaphas strode under a bright constellation of distant stars the world seemed quiet, encloaked in a somber autumnal silence. A chill had crept into the air and settled there thick as mist on the range of a mountain, unsettling the summer world with its quick advances.

She was long past the borders ere she heard any other noise save her footsteps, and as she paused under the helm of an archway of cedar she heard the soft crinkle of pine straw underfoot. She froze and listened, scrying from the darkness any information she could — meanwhile the harsh flash of her reflective gaze was focused inward towards a bundle of thick shrubs in which she had first heard the noise.
this house was my flowered heart,
but my petals have fallen.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
He finally latched onto something, a small tail clutched between his teeth as he pulled back. Behemoth yanked his head back with more violence than needed for such a small animal. The male had never let anything get by with ease. Perhaps that made him a bit of sadist but he didn't mind such a title.

Quickly he tossed it slightly upwards just to clamp his jaws around it. It only took a few crunches before he swallowed the miserable vole. Such a creature would not fix his hunger but it would do for now. His tail arched over his spine and swayed with ease as his yellow eyes looked for his next target.

He could have sworn he spotted a reflective gaze not too far off, almost akin to his own. It was with a heavy interest that he let out a deep growl -- because, you know, he couldn't purr like a cat.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
she watched between high blades of mountain-sedge as the scene unfolded: an ink-black male, his spine artfully arched as he snapped back and a small object was hurtled midair before being seized between the jagged edges of steel-like jaws. just like that, the vole was gone forever.

admittedly, caiaphas watched with unrepentant interest. it had been some time since she had tested her wits against a stranger; for too long she had stagnated, collecting dust on the exposed shelves of the redhawk's plateau. her ears swept forward at the sound of a growl and she returned it with her own quiet rumble, advancing then through the thicket with a neutral pose despite the vehement flash in her gaze.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
The creature that returned his sound was a glorious female. Sharp and lean. While her form was captivating it was the markings that spoke to him the most. Her head was cloaked in darkness while the rest of her remained pale. Behemoth was captivated by the uniqueness she held. Perhaps he was even a bit jealous.

His tail lowered slightly from above his spine so as to (hopefully) not change the air of neutrality that had settled over his company. He couldn't help but puff out his chest a bit though -- was he trying to impress the female? Most likely for Behemoth felt he always needed to impress and be the best.

Although most importantly he was testing the waters and seeing what she might want from his presence.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the siren's gaze softened as the male assessed her and subsequently adjusted his carriage -- caiaphas accepted no quarter, yet it was refreshing to not be met with outward hostility. too often she had wandered into the wilds and met a cruel end -- that this male seemed noble yet assured spoke of his character, and perhaps, the exchanges they would share.

she herself seemed to diminish in her stature; while no submissive fold nor bashful flash of her eyes was given, her posture slaked so it was simply present; neither alarming nor disarming but simply there. curious as ever to the male's intentions, the sylph inquired in short syllables: "a little late for a snack, no?"
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
One ear flicked back before swinging back forward at her question. I'm just waking up. Perhaps it's too early for a snack. He cooed back in deep tones, tail momentarily swishing behind him as he dared to take one step closer but still mindful of her personal space.

His gaze roamed over her once more. She smelled of others but this did not deter him. Rarely anything deterred Behemoth - for better or worse. What has you out here? He inquired with interest dripping from his words.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the male revealed it was too early for a meal; caiaphas reflected on this, mulling its meaning in silence. she was most quiet at night -- as was her brood -- but perhaps, the life of a loner molded one to more flexible means to ensure survival.

he took a step closer; the distance the sylph did not mind, and undeterred, answered his question in smooth poise: "a lack of sleep." she rarely slept soundly these days, and often the time she dedicated to slumber was spent fitfully to the point she woke up in unrest. "yourself, besides the food?"
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
awful phone post, srry

Most interesting. He hummed in response as his tail flicked slightly. Despite his curiosity in what could have been keeping her up, Behemoth did not press the matter any further. If she wanted to tell him than he trusted that she would. Besides, her sleeping habits were none of his business except for when their worlds collidied. While he wouldn’t have minded that happening he didn’t exactly expect it.

This is a nice place and I thrive at night. Fairly simple. The younger male admitted with a half hearted shrug of his shoulders.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
most interesting. a response the sylph was not often accustomed to. she leveled him a long look, though her eyes did not challenge him. instead, it appeared as if she were somehow drinking of him, or pondering a long and distant tale.

a wry expression made a slit in her countenance, yet it was no more permanent than the flash of a star across the horizon. "you thrive at night? why is that?" her interest had been piqued, and she was uncouth enough to make personal matters her own business -- despite the courtesy behemoth had afforded her.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
Behemoth chuckled with ease, his tail slightly swaying for the briefest moment in time. He took another step closer before gently motioning with his head before he began to drift towards a cluster of trees. If he truly had her interest, she would hopefully follow him.

I'm covered in darkness. I thrive when the light is absent. Most struggle to see me coming. He cooed as he rounded a tree, pale eyes trained towards the masked female. Behemoth was enjoying her company and perhaps he could convince her to stay the more he shared.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
the sylph watched as the dark-pelted man moved away; in some ways she was wary in following him, and kept a sharp vigilance about her as they moved. he might have caught her attention, but he had yet to earn her trust - she would not let her guard down around him and it showed in the prickle of fur along her spine.

she thought a moment on his answer, mulling it whilst she continued to study him. unabashed were those falcon-yellow eyes, which scanned his form with a near-clinical aspect to them. "your eyes would give you away." she answered, continuing with an airy haughtiness: "what are 'most'? other wolves?"
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
A deep chuckle escaped him at her observation. You'd be surprised. Not everyone seems to be so keen on spotting them. Her next question caused a soft hum to vibrate up his throat and slip out the ear. Wolves, prey, whatever I decide to stalk. His shoulders shrugged sharply. Behemoth did not confine himself to harassing just fellow canines.

You look like you'd be good at stalking. Ever give it a go? He asked with a faint smirk.
Ghost
2,045 Posts
Ooc — lauren
Master Warrior
Rogue
a chuckle parted his lips and then a shrug rolled on after it; caiaphas had been curious to learn what it was he often chose to sneak up upon. the answer he gave was not disappointing, but it did not excite her either.

that was caiaphas though - always a dick.

his quip, suggestive as it was to her innate ability to be a creep, was largely passed over. "you sound like one who has too much time on your hands. not a pack wolf? don't have family?"