Greatwater Lake born to be
oh but my darling, what if you fly?
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
All Welcome 
Shisu felt she needed a moment for herself... Or really, to get away from the crows and ravens. Recently they bullied her! She only wanted to eat a rabbit that took a lot of effort to catch, but they stole it! She didn't know who it was, a raven or a crow, because they quickly perched high enough where in no way, she could take back the prey. It was hard to see who was who when Blackfeather Woods tended to be a more dark area, day and night. The delicate wolf already felt her eyes moisten as these birds mockinly cawed at her incompetence earlier. It was hard to find peace there. She felt that these birds were intentionally doing so... What did she do to get on their bad side?

She sniffled, while making her way to the Greatwater Lake; feeling unjustified on being terrorized by the feathery fiends. The beauty of the fresh, grand water scene gave her a pleasant feeling of relief that she needed. Here those birds wouldn't bother her- so she hoped. Her blue gaze felt captivated by the whole terrian. The mountains in the back, and the various streams that branched off, and the beauty of the wildlife that was around. It all gave her the peace of mind Shisu hoped for.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
When it came to birds, then Apple considered all of them rather air-headed with the few exceptions being those, who belonged to the crow family. They were the closest she could call smart and highly intelligent in bird sense and therefore she liked them. And one of them was amusing her now, trying to come up with a good way of stealing the last remnants of a fish she had caught for her lunch. When she had noticed that another pair of eyes was watching her eat, she had left the fish-head lying a small distance away from her on purpose. Not because she felt charitable, but because she wanted to see, what would the bird do. 

And the process of sneaking up on the desired piece of meat and with Apple preparing to jump and scare the bird off at the last moment was coming to a culmination, when her attention was snatched by the arrival of another wolf. In this momentarily inattentivity, the bird grabbed the fish-head and flew off. "You watch out, next time, thief!" Apple called after it and then turned to have a good look at the stranger, who had interrupted her entertainment.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Peace did not exist. Shisu closed her eyes as they she swelled with crystals and had a pitiful smile. She could hear the familiar noises of a bird flapping its wing, and thought it was a crow, coming to bully her again. At this point the gray dame  was about to accept her fate of being a target to the birds... But they never came.

Hesitantly she opened her eyes to the sound of another wolf angrily calling out to a wicked bird in anger. She couldn't believe this wolf would curse out to them. If she did to the crows or ravens they'd peck her to pieces! Shisu was slowly deciding to accept her fate.. Though as no bird came to bother her, and instead bothered the unknown wolf, Shisu curiously gave a look. Though she happened to catch the ladys gaze and she immediately froze out of anxiousness.

"U-uh... Oh gosh." Shisu was sitting and awkwardly shuffling her paws around. Her blue gaze broke away to nervously glance around in worry. But wasn't that rude..? Oh gosh, she's in a pickle on what to do.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
Apple had no scruples, when it came to calling people and other living beings names. There is this saying that "you speak either good of the dead or nothing at all" and the old wolf reasoned that she had every right to use all the potty-words she had in her collection, when she wanted to abuse those, who were perfectly alive.

"So, if this was your bird - I would say that you owe me a fish-head," Apple told the stranger with a lot of certainty. "What do you have to say in the matter? You have the right to remain silent - naturally - and anything you say may be used against you," she added, because it sounded rather posh and she had really got into the game now.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
"O-Oh..." Shisu felt distraught at this turn of events, unsure what to make of it. Did... Did she do something wrong? She wasn't sure why this mysterious wolf accused her, but the silver dame felt her chest wheeze with anxiety. The shuffling of her paws and the inability to look at her showed that she was clearly nervous.

"I'm sorry..." She didn't know what she did wrong exactly, but felt obliged to offer an apology, "u-uhm... I'm not good at hunting.. But, I can try?" Shisu admitted to an unknown guilt.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"That was not my question," Apple snapped at the already distraught wolf and took a step closer. Perhaps, a wiser wolf would not do so, especially taking into account the size difference. But Nanny's brash personality could take up a football stadium, if she felt so to utilize it, and in times of arguments this helped her to win them despite the fact that the aggressive party was small, dainty (once upon a time) and blonde.

"Was it your bird?" Apple asked again.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
When the wolf took a step forward, she meekly took one back. 'Oh gosh,' she thought. The only other aggressive-like wolf she met was Onyxia, who was very kind at first, then attempted to give a 'lesson.' However as Shisu was a crybaby, that kind of method was ineffective. Even now, tears slowly pooled from the corner of her blue eyes from the sudden stress the stranger induced. 

"N-No..." she replied with a shaky voice.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Excellent. That did not hurt, did it?" Apple wiped away sternness from her features and replaced it with her usual cheerful expression. "There, there, don't you cry now," she said in a kind and sympathetic tone, well-trained with the fourteen children she had had and the rest of the grands and grand-grands that had followed. 

"I am not angry with you, I am pissed off at that stealing bastard," she shot a dirty look towards the trees, where the crow had taken off with her fish-head. "Plus, you do not want crying to affect your beautiful complexion, do you?"
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
The hurricane of emotions displayed confused the plush canine, she continued awkwardly shuffled her paws while figuring out how to react to this, 'oh gosh.' Shisu's blue gaze would not meet the canine, unsure whether to apologize or feel embarassed by the sudden switch of angry, to motherly. She did feel more embarassed though.

However the sudden moment did help stop the waterworks, and upon hearing her next words, she felt her paws become damp from sweat. Shisu felt a warmth creep up as she flushed from the sudden compliment, surprised at the white females words, "o-oh... Thank, you." She stammered out. Her head would still not lift up, and continued to focus on the ground as she bent her neck forward. 
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Never spare a good word, I always say," Apple advised, seeing that behind all tears and sniffles the girl was really a nice creature, if only a little timid and shy. By the looks of it, she could not have spent many summers under this sun, on the other hand - she did seem old enough to have a bit of a backbone and stand up to people. While Nanny herself had been a self-proclaimed gentle-tyrant of the Blackthorn clan, she had never missed an opportunity to have a good spat with any of her children. She had always won by sheer stubborness or the rock-solid "because I SAID SO!!!" argument, but she always had joy seeing that her offspring could stand up for themselves. 

"Now - why don't you tell me, what's your name is?" she asked.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Shisu never had a backbone in her life, she was too used of simply being tossed around and protected, she doesn't know the concept of standing for herself. Her brothers rambunctious behavior had her stay away as she couldn't keep up, causing isolation from most besides her dear, beautiful mother who looked at her worryingly. Sheltered was a good term for the naive crybaby, who was an anxious female, but had a deep desire for companionship. The desire was the only line letting her stay around others instead of shying away as a true introvert. 

"S-Shisu, Shisu Marisol Beliveau..." While stuttered at the first part, she at least managed to give a proper introduction with a slight dip of the head. Though then the plush wolf looked up a bit in curiosity before dropping back down, wondering who was this white figure.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Shee-soo Mary-Soul Believe-you?" Apple repeated the girl's name in a way someone tries to speak a foreign language for the first time. "Well, I can't say that your parents lacked creativity, when they came up with your name. You have to give them credit for that," she remarked. 

"Apple Blackthorn, proud matron of the Blackthorn clan," she introduced herself, putting emphasis on her self-claimed title. After all, bearing children and raising them to be proper and sane individiuals had been her life's greatest achievement. Aside outliving three mates. "Do you live here?" was the next obvious question. The third would be - do you have food to honor an old lady with?
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
She never had someone attempt to say her name as such, that Shisu blinked at the pronouncations. Was her name odd..? "It's uhm, tradition for the.. middle name to, be a-a combination of the, p-parents." Her mother being Maryso and father being Solis. Even her brothers shared the same middle and last name due to customs, and she didn't really mind them... The silver fae did feel her first, original name was unsuiting though. But now, she is Shisu, not Sheru.

She slowly trailed her eyes up to look at the white female, as she curiously looked at her. "A-Apple.. Is a nice, name." Firstly couldn't help comment on it, because it was quite a cute name, but Shisu didn't directly say it. Though there was also the title Matron? Did she have.. Kids? Maybe they grew up as no pups were seen? Gosh.. Then how old was Apple?

"Oh, uhm. I-I live in, Blackfeather woods." The lake was relatively close to the forest, thus giving her a good walk to clear the mind. Shisu's blue gaze wandered to the dark hooded forest that stood quite aways from them, before retreating back to her own paws.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
With age and many childbirths (and eating a bit more than was recommended) Apple had grown to resemble her namesake fruit more than in her youth, when she had been a dainty, pixie-like creature, who had charmed every male in 20 mile radius. Now she did look like a creme-colored furry apple on four stocky feet and with a bushy tail. The old lady herself did not mind. 

"Does not sound that you like your home very much," she commented. Either this or the girl was simply very soft and shy.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
She would never suspect Apple had so many kids, and only saw her as a wolf with thick fur, much like her own. She was quite plush and may of looked stocky, but her mass amount of fur was just a coverup toward a slender form underneath. Going in water was a pleasant activity, but was quite difficult to get dry.. Shisu always looked like a hilarity of a lion.

"O-Oh gosh, no!" She was quick to deny despite a conflict within her heart, "I'm, very grateful.. To, be o-offered a home." She would try her best to treasure the place despite some horrors and fear. She wanted to make it work, as Shisu couldn't repay for the offer given by Kove. Its her home.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"You must have been very desperate to have a home then," Apple concluded, feeling sympathy for the girl, who was grateful for any kind of home. Even one that clearly did not work for her. The old lady herself had not done a single thing she did not like in her life and was convinced that this was a right for everyone. Therefore unlike other packs, she held no grudges, if a member or two disappeared without a trace. If they were happier elsewhere - so be it. It was always better to have happy and content people around you, than those, who pretended to be outwardly doing great, but secretly loathed every second spent in the company.

But she was not going to give a lesson in self-respect and rights for free-will. In Apple's experience, people had to make their own mistakes and have their own experiences to learn. "Were you born there?"
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
The plush dame gave a reluctant nod, as it was the truth, but she didn't want it to seem like it was a rash choice. More she didn't want to admit it, because it was her choice, Kove offered and she accepted without hesitation. Shisu was desperate to find somewhere to simply belong[i] [/i]that she didn't care how deary it seemed. So she then gave a shake of the head, because the black woods was not her original birth place, but somewhere far from Teekon Wilds. A whole year of solitude, just to travel toward the area.

"N-No.. I, uhm, travelled a very, l-long way, to arrive. It took, a year." When the wolf first arrived, she had met the mysterious white wolf, who turned out to be the Dark Master of Blackfeather Woods. He was the first one she had spoken to in a very long time, and her stuttering and stammering since has not decreased. It was difficult to get used to talking- but even then, she barely talked even before her departure from her previous home. It only worsened.

"What, about y-you miss?" The white figure before her also seemed foreign to the lands. She didn't seem born near- but Shisu could be wrong. She was too unfamiliar with these lands.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"Wow. Well, if I was you, I would have traveled a tad bit more and found a better home. I won't deny that this is none of my business and I am prying too much in yours, but still... there has to be a home, where you will be a happier individual than you are now," Apple said and decided not to kick the corpse anymore. What was put in the coffin, should remain there, until either unfinished business or some necromantic spell raised it from there and kicked it in action. Figurative speech inspired by too many "Supernatural" episodes.

"Ah, well, I was a matron of the Blackthorn clan for many years, raised many children - some were great individuals, some were... well, interesting and useful... yeah," she told with the smile. "And one day I decided that I had done enough for the world and that now world owed something for me. Therefore I got up and headed into the unknown. And - voila - here I am. The journey has been surprisingly easy and delightful."
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Shisu flattened her ears while listening to Apple. Originally she wasn't planning in particular, even through the whole year her plans on joining a Pack was up in the air. She was thankful instead of putting her neck out, someone graciously offered her a place to stay. She wanted it to work, despite the clear unhappiness she held toward the bleak and dark forest. She hoped it can, especially over time. But it was hard to deny what she felt now on the uncomfortability toward it. 

With the new topic, her ears slowly came back up as she listened with an interest, and surprise. Apple was a mother? She seemed proud of them- well some, but Shisu didn't expect her to be a mother. Though seperated from them, she seemed relatively happy and relaxed. The plush wolf couldn't help ask, "do you.. Miss them?" At times she felt she missed her family, especially her mother, but... Slight relief from being seperated, and being an individual rather then a tag-along.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
"You stop missing those little buggers, once they get their first teeth and begin to bite your teats," Apple explained with a knowing look. She liked toothless babies and she liked kids, who ate their own food, but that inbetween stage was just as torturous as giving birth to them. After the first two times you conveniently forgot about the pain. But by the third and fourth she had to admit, she was more than happy to leave the little piranhas on their own. 

"No, not really. They are grown up, can take care of themselves very well and they probably think the same about their dear old mum," she replied to the question. "Besides I am having an adventure of a life-time. And I would not mind a companion, if you would like to come along," she said, having no scruples about luring away the girl from her pack.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Shisu could only continue to blink at these unfamiliar life-lessons. She was quite young, and the thought of kids was.. A dream, she would like to have eventually. Though in the current time, she held admiration for a few, but the thought of kids with someone, no one came to mind. They were something the grey wolf wants though, and for a second her mind wandered off into that happy dream.

Before someone lured her away, in a literal sense, "o-oh gosh! I-I can't!" She of course, quickly shook her head. It's only been a short while since the gal joined Blackfeather Woods, and while it was quite intimidating, and she was crying earlier... She was indebted! There was clear, no, absolute deniel about her wanting to leave, and thus turned down Apple's offer. Though she thought to do the same.. "b-but, if you uhm, ever need.. A place. My pack, is, B-Blackfeather Woods." Even the name sounded rather.. Frightful. Though it was where her home was. Perhaps the other may want to join the darkened forest, and lighten up place.
135 Posts
Ooc — Me
If Shisu had revealed that the only reason she stayed with this group that was clearly unfit for her and would not do her any good long-term (Apple's own biased opinion), the old hag would have been perplexed. She had never done anything in her life that she did not want to or did not like. Yes, she compromised, when she was sure that the benefits for her in the future would outweigh the uncomfortable stuff at the present date. But to suffer mentally just because you felt indebted to another person or a pack in this case? She would not have been able to wrap her mind around it, because this went against of everything she believed and held true in her life. 

But she did not know the reasons, therefore she simply assumed that she had done her part in meddling in Shisu's life, and that the rest was entirely up to her. This was a experience she had to go through herself, Apple could not advise her any better. "Thank you for your kind offer, dear," Apple smiled cordially in response to the girl's feeble attempt to recruit her. She was not going to insult her any further, by adding that Blackfeather woods just did not seem like a place she ever wanted to be part of. Instead: "I will remember that I have an acquaintance here, in case I ever need it."

After this there was really nothing else left to say, therefore Apple got to her feet (unless it was not mentioned earlier, she had sat down at some point during their conversation) and stretched. "Well, it was nice chatting with you, but I have to be on my way now. Best of luck to you, girl, keep your head high!" she wished and after hearing, what the lass had to say, turned and headed North.
138 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Shisu enjoyed the company, despite her earlier anxiety over it. She was a bit saddened by the failure of her recruiting, but didn't try to offer further, seeing as the lady before her was quite a free spirit. She admired, and shyly smiled at the thought of being remembered. She hoped the offer would come true one day, as it would be quite nice to have Apple as a packmate, especially one who was a Matriarch at one point. She could help the plush girl talk to a rather troublesome pup..

"G-Goodbye!" Shisu did not stop her, but hoped to bid her well, "it was, nice m-meeting you!" She too would need to head back, eventually, though at least the earlier small cry had brightened up, even without realizing it. She felt it was a good day, meeting another. Gosh, there was sure quite a lot of nice wolves around, the fae thought, watching the white elder pad away.