Moonspear infestation, oppression, possession
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
Joining 
@Amekaze and @Revui too maybe? (:

He trekked up the mountain, keeping in mind where the ashy boy had pointed out. It was just after nightfall and everything seemed to be falling asleep while he was just getting started. Part of him was unsure what he stood to gain from this (food, shelter, an already-made-tussling-companion. Don't be forgetful Behemoth.) but he was willing to give it a go anyway.

Perhaps it had been all the sappy talking @Shisu had done. Something about a place to belong and having a special someone. It all sounded so emotional. Yuck. Although he could partially side with a place to belong. It was likely for that reason that he stood on the borders that held the scent the boy had been wearing.

The ebony beast hesitated, shifting his weight as he thought on what he was about to do. He had nothing to lose. So he tipped back his head and released a low, throaty call. It was short but it got his point across. Hopefully.
note: behemoth is primarily nocturnal
as such, his threads will take place at sunset or night
Ghost
"God is every bit as feral as that which he creates."
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        Revui had been half asleep when he heard the call but was awakened sharply, and upon looking around he realized his brother Arcturus was not with him. Perhaps he wasn't on the mountain after all - or perhaps he had found something more interesting then his brother. Either way, Revui was awake and lonely so he got up and shook the lingering haze from himself, and began to seek the origins of that call. A part of him felt like it had happened in a dream.

But as the boy came slinking down through the mountain paths he caught sight of a dark figure among the trees. The lower reaches of the mountain were so heavily forested that the stranger was almost wholly lost among them; however, he saw those familiar eyes and allowed himself to relax a little. The boy called out with a sharp bark - for the stranger and any guards loitering on their posts - as he went to intercept.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
His head lifted a bit at the bark that reached his ears. Pale yellow eyes peered into the darkness to see the figure out the swarthy boy. Behemoth allowed his tail to briefly sway before it settled down again. He offered a gentle boof in return.

You doing a good job of guarding the place? He asked — although truthfully he wasn't sure if he should expect a verbal answer or not. The kid had seemed real keen on not speaking last time. Granted Behemoth couldn't blame him. There was much more fun to be had in tussling than there was to have in conversing.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam
[Image: JXSIu0n.jpg]

The silver boy has arrived first to receive the call, but Llewellyn is not far behind, having just been on one of his usual patrols in the wake of the sisters' absence. The man at the border sends chills down his spine. Dark fur--but different, from Hydra, from Amekaze. No, this man in looks reminds him too much of Ioan and kin, and a growl bubbles in his throat without volition as he trots to the border, though it calms before he comes to a stop.

"What is your purpose here?" Llewellyn asks brusquely, giving the stranger an unflinching stare. He had exchanged words with Revui--are they familiar? He glances down at the boy, hoping he'll catch the question in his eyes and perhaps give him some idea as to who this is. Why they were here.

Was this just a man looking for a pack, or was there something more sinister afoot? Surely the latter scenario wouldn't come wrapped in a call for all to hear?
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        The question made him chuff softly, and if there had been more light then maybe the shadow would've seen Revui's eyes rolling; of course he was protecting the mountain. He was going to investigate the teen but paused when another body arrived, and then Revui veered away from his wrestling buddy to check out the adult.

He recognized Llewellyn but did not linger too close to him. He heard the unbidden warning that was issued from the guard's chest and it made Revui puff a little bit, his spinal fur raising jaggedly. This was his friend — he didn't like the way Llewellyn was reacting. Before the shadow could respond the silver boy stepped between the two wolves and issued a snap of his teeth towards Llew, although he was not at all in range to do harm. It was his way of trying to correct him. Mind yourself, he was saying.

It wasn't often that Revui made friends, after all.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
A strange looking male showed up with a reasonable question that was tinted with some kind of accent. Usually Behemoth would have reacted a bit aggressively but this wasn't his place to do so. Although it seemed the younger boy wasn't feeling much different from the ebony teen. A dark brow raised but he offered the ashy boy a kind smile.

Joining. He was kind enough to invite me up when we met. He explained easily as he looked towards the golden male. The colors were uncomfortably bright for the night dwelling beast but he would live with it for now. He had to.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam

Rather than an answer, the boy gives him teeth, putting himself between the stranger and Llewellyn. He is momentarily stunned at this affront before he bristles, fixing a cold blue stare on the child, wrath pulling at the corners of his mouth. A child of royalty he may be--but Llewellyn is a prince of a kingdom much mightier than Moonspear, and he will not take insubordination from a pup.

His brows draw together as he glares at Revui, attention only swayed away by the other man chiming in. He lifts his eyes to the dark stranger, calculating. "This is true?" he asks, glancing between the boy and the other. "Who are you? Where do you come from?"

It is clear that the child's judgment is quite clearly flawed, given that he sides with a stranger rather than someone pledged to protect his family. He is, however, only a child. Yet to learn of the nuances of manners and of loyalty. He will wait to hear an answer from the man, and hopefully, Amekaze will come soon, so that the matter can be settled altogether.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        Llewellyn is right to find issue with Revui's behavior. The boy does not know of other kingdoms, does not fathom their existence, and believes the mountain to be the only place of value in the great wilderness; but he is inexperenced in the world. He does not respond to the subtle changes in the adult and instead watches the dark boy, and settles in to a relaxed pose, sitting nearby. He watches the two of them but makes a point to partially ignore Llewellyn — he too is waiting for mother.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
To an unfamiliar note of a howl, she paused her route through the woods and waited just enough to hear it out before pivoting to move on towards it. She didn't rush. Not when nothing urgent was spoken of within, no news from her scouting daughters mentioned, or anything else she ought to find herself particularly concerned with ahead of time. Yet visitors here were few--especially when they had already approached the mountain, and come this close.

The mother had evidently left them waiting, but in her own shadowed silence, she found them in dark when her time was right. She came with no introduction besides a natural poise and immediately, though she slid towards a spot near Llewellyn, her sights were narrowed onto the stranger and instinctively, her son.

"What is this?"
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
All of the staring and questioning was not what Behemoth likes in life. It made his insides crawl and his features seemed to smooth into some more stoic and closed off. He had been prepping to answer the strange looking male when a swarthy female appeared. She too had a question to ask. Not that it was a new or exciting one though.

I’m Behemoth, from nowhere, The last part he spoke as he looked towards the strange male. and I’m looking to join. It was all so repetitive and bland. He could only hope things were better after all of this. His muzzle tossed in the direction of the ashy boy. He invited me up. While he had delayed on accepting the offer, it seemed the boy was still supportive of Behemoth’s appearance.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam

He is, of course, deferential to Amekaze, and he gives the mountain queen a solemn nod as she arrives with a question of her own. There will be no more inquiries from him; it is not his place to accept newcomers, not yet. He is almost as new here as this man will be, so he does not deem himself the absolute master of this situation. No, that distinction belongs to Amekaze, and he takes one step back, watching the interaction between the two.

Meanwhile, he casts another look toward Revui, wondering how appropriate it would be to have a word with the boy, after everything is settled here. He needs to learn that no matter your blood, respect for elders is key. He will not have a child flash teeth his way, not after the child Ioan had so brutally massacred his father. He will not stand for it.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        He caught his mother's eye and got to his feet with a lurch, and then staggered over to her with his tail up and batting contentedly. Revui paused to bunt his snout against her shoulder, and then stood by her side, but didn't seem too interested in the goings-on of this meeting. The boy held a certainty that Behemoth would impress his mother and be permitted to stay, but he would speak up if necessary (in some manner). For now he waited for what he percieved was the inevitable, clearly a bit impatient.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The situation as it preceded her remained unknown, and she was still too new here to know otherwise--though once she found pause in full, her tail tall and scrutinizing eyes set upon the stranger among them, she intended for it to be clear who sat at the helm here; who was the wisest to appeal to, too.

As for Revui, she shot him a quick look to hopefully keep his manners close to heart as he joined up beside her. She did prefer him there, naturally, and Llewellyn also was a welcome presence for additional support.. should she decide to have need of it.

But, as for the stranger, now Behemoth from nowhere, she kept to a certain shade of iciness; so far, the most interesting manner was that her son had invited him--a first. "What can you do?" she asked first, wondering already how he could prove it. She was tense and feeling tightly wound without her cerberus precisely where she knew of, and  he was going to be subject to it, with or without the prior approval of her son to help smooth the deal for him. "What do you know of us?" she asked, attempting to gauge where he stood with them when his known Moonspear ambassador was a particularly silent sort, after all.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
Behemoth, too, had grown impatient and he wished these boring things in life went by so much faster. The answer they would give would mean little to him anyway. He was hear because of the boy. Perhaps for the boy as well. Maybe @Shisu if she ever made it this way.

I'm not a skilled hunter or even a diplomat but I can throw my weight around where it is needed. At her next question he smirked and his gaze roamed over to the boy. Your location and that you harbor wolves I can get along with. His gaze drifted back to the lead female. The rest is a mystery.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
His answers were here, and there, together at once and his growing impatience was not hard to miss. Her ears adjusted to a subtle tilt back alongside a thoughtful flick of one. She was not a wolf in need of diplomats, that much was fine by her standards, whereas hunters were a different kind of consideration with the season tilting towards the frosts, fast. "No skilled hunter? Can you carry your weight as one?" she queried and canted her head, keeping all implications clear with her minty eyes narrowed still. He didn't look like a scavenger, and she didn't need freeloaders for the winter. Pitching his weight into combat was due its certain sort of appreciations--especially here, with her and what she cultivated--but it was not all there was to be. "Is he the only one you have met?" Or were expectations that based on him alone? Ame wondered, and fought the urge to glance sidelong at the sterling juvenile. 

Behemoth was straightforward and she knew he wasn't the sort to tolerant lengthy displays, and neither was she sure anything said here and now on the spot was going to impress her massively. Hard to convince thanks to traitors and otherwise, she needed time, and action, to prove that she could even consider a genuine, lasting interest towards knowing. She liked he came with no obvious baggage--as someone from nowhere should presumably, and interesting enough to catch her sons eye. The matron would need more time to warm up to him, however. If he was worth it.

Since he said he knew little of them, she could be bothered to share. "Moonspear," she gestured back, up. Her introduction, and wants, were easy enough to keep clear before this went any further; she could interrogate him until he got sick of it and left, or, see how it could go if he stayed. "I am Ame. Here, loyalty is to me, and mine first. And capable sorts can find a comfortable spot." If he truly considered himself well-rounded enough to survive here and keep on her family's good graces, then this could be the beginning of his acceptance, but she knew better than to put too much weight into it. As for what it might mean for him, and a niche that she might like him to find: "I like to have a strong guard--with a good chance at offense too." She never knew what it would take, what would finally push them enough to need it--but whatever it may be, she wanted her spire poised and ready.
98 Posts
Ooc — hund
@Revui @Llewellyn feel free to hop back in I just wanna get this wrapped up soon <3

Sure. He answered. I don't expect to sit on the sidelines of a hunt just because I'm not the best. He was still big and beefy, ready to help with a take down. Yet he'd rather leave the tracking and running to others. Him and another one I believe, about his age. Same scent. Give or take. There were some differences but not too much.

Her words did not fall upon deaf ears but he did not speak. He was soaking it all in. I'll give you my loyalty. I'll be on your offensive line. He spoke easily with an underlying honest tone.
149 Posts
Ooc — Miryam

He rumbles silent agreement as Amekaze begins to interrogate him, picking into his vague answers, his. . .general sense of mystery. He does not altogether trust this man, nor the boy who has brought him in, but what he does trust is his queen's judgment. Llewellyn stands and stares in silence, eyes moving back and forth between the interviewer and interviewee. Behemoth continues to state his case, and when he falls silent, the prince looks to Ame, gently questioning.

They do need more warriors. But this man, from nowhere, with no real skills? He can be trained, perhaps, but do they really want this rogue on their side? Llewellyn holds back his own judgment in favor of Ame's, keeping his sapphire gaze steely and impartial as silence falls within the group assembled.
Ghost
816 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Warrior
Ecologist

✴        Revui cannot help but look insistently at his mother, boring in to her with his gaze as if that'll help matters. He glances fleetingly at the others while Behemoth speaks and hopes to register something more than distrust within their body language but he can't read much more beyond exactly that, and it frustrates him. Finally, once they have paused in their conversation, Revui does something he isn't known for — he steps in and speaks. His tone is empty and his pronouncement is choppy at best, but he clearly states, He is skilled. Tested him myself. Good, strong. The boy sounds like a sociopathic cave man and is clearly uncomfortable with being the center of attention, or maybe its just the use of his voice that has him feeling inadequate, but either way he gives his two cents and watches Amekaze with that same curious expression — insistent that this will be worth it.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
It was about a balance to her, with words worth only so much. For as indifferent about the process as he seemed, he answered as he needed to so far, described her other son, and Revui even saw him worth a mention. Amekaze gave him a long stare back and such was promptly filed under to address later as for how this stranger had made enough impact on him to coax words out.

Well. After a pause, she was nodding pointedly to that and of course, she would pass in her own judgements with a little time spent. "Alright. Patrol with me?" she asked Behemoth with another curious look over him in full. As unproven as he was to her, she hoped he could answer. "And you both head the opposite, alright?" she aimed towards her son and Llewellyn, the implication clear that she'd see to his first introductions to the slopes themselves alone--and why not cover twice the ground at once? Hopefully they understood--and her son minded, subtly included. She arced her tail and stepped forward past their newcomer, choosing her heading, and angling that way. Without another word said, she was intending to have him join her and the rest to fall into place.