Flycatcher Downs you might listen to too much jimmy buffett
i will pry his bony fingers free
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
perfect! <3

indra's muzzle snapped upwards as she heard nebula gasp, and then watched her dart along some unseen path with all of her attention outpoured into that single task. the redleaf felt her heart patter wildly, and recklessly she tore after the pied wolf and thrust her face along the ground in hopes she would pick up whatever scent had excited nebula.

try as she might, indra could not glean any information from the mix of scents in the ground: every now and then there seemed something faint, but it was wispy as smoke and twice as elusive. a new wave of crushing defeat overtook indra, who sat on the ground rather dejectedly as nebula's posture flagged; she did not fault the girl for her excitement, for it had been indra who let her own hopes get up. in morose silence indra breathed deep of the deciduous forest, and said nothing.
now the wren has gone to roost and the sky is turning gold,
and like the sky, my soul is also turning.
46 Posts
Ooc —
It was here...had been here. She took a few steps forward, a few left and a few right. Her eyes squinted as she looked between grasses and trees. Nebula knew that maybe she was bit energetic and bubbly but she was not crazy. Something had been here.

I could've have sworn... Her voice was a faint whisper as her head looked over her shoulder at the autumn wolf. I'll keep looking, I promise. Nebula's voice still held a wisp of determination despite this set back.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
indra watched, a desolate sort of impassivity crossing her features. nebula was experiencing the very same simultaneous self-doubt and conviction that indra was, and she observed with a knowing sadness. like nebula both laurel and indra had sworn up and down, and crossed their tracks over and over -- and nothing had come of it.

at length she sighed and nodded, but a hollowness tinged her tone. "it's getting late -- you don't need to keep looking. at some point we have to sleep."
46 Posts
Ooc —
I can walk you back home...? I'm sure it's comfier for you to sleep there than out here. Nebula didn't mind this place although she knew that pack wolves generally had a more cozy set up. Not to mention she didn't want to be responsible for them missing another member.

A small yawn escaped her which a shy expression soon followed. It was getting late wasn't it? She supposed she hadn't noticed with all the running about.
1,207 Posts
Ooc —
around them gathering dark came; indra marveled at how early the sun set, and how every year she was always surprised and unprepared for the sudden change in the daylight's longevity. she shuddered, thinking of the cold that would soon follow. she hoped wherever lucas was, he was safe -- and warm.

the she-wolf that had accompanied her all this while, presumably out of the kindness of her heart, had offered to take indra home; she gave a tired shake of her head. "i would not trouble you further. you helped me, a stranger, when it had little benefit to you. this is a good place as any to stop. there's water, and you will not be troubled for being here." she rose onto her travel-thinned limbs and gave a shake of her tousled pelt. indra was not one for grandiose speech: as much as she wanted to laud the female for her selfishness, and offer great many rewards for her assistance, she could not eek out the words. she was still stubbornly wary, she still stubbornly held onto the idea that it took more than a day to know a wolf. "thank you."

indra's words had barely finished when she turned on her heels; she would give the she-wolf one last half-hearted smile, and then she would head for home with nothing but her grim thoughts to keep her company.