Dawnlark Plains Where's home?
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
All Welcome 
Aliac came back disappointed in her inability to find the herd after the unfortunate event that followed her departure. She walked with a small limp as she stopped dead in her tracks when the scent of ash hit her muzzle. She looked over the land which was once beautiful and green, the she wolf instantly felt sorrow as her paws grazed the floor once more. Unaware of what had happened and where they had gone or if they even survived. Emotional pain soon followed as many possible outcomes crept into her mind as she let out a howl in hopes of being heard by someone familiar to her.
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya had once stood among Moonspear's highest reaches and looked down at a blackened place called the Heartwood. The trees had been burned to ash, but when she'd eventually found the time and agency to explore the area, time had already begun to heal it. The plains, though, were still barren and devastated. There was a twisted beauty in it that the Moonspear girl could appreciate. This raw, smoking wound upon the earth echoed something that had lived in her since she was a little girl, wondering if it was her fault that Dash had died.

Still, though - she did not like it. The acrid scent of smoke, the feel of soot between her toes, the pockets of heat that still broiled in places. She'd been about to turn and leave when she spotted another wolf picking its way through the ashes. "Hey, you!" she called, starting toward the other. "What's your name?"
i can't help but be my own god
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac turned to the other wolf. " My name is Aliac, my pack once lived here. I left in hopes of finding food. What happened here do you know?"
"Some girls are full of heartache and poetry and those are the kind of girls who try to save wolves instead of running away from them" "Swahili" "Normal "  
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
Desdemona wandered into Teekon Wilds after the fire occured, other Packs knew of what happened, but she still did not know. There have been times when the dark wolf met other pack wolves, and they inquired about the fire. She could only say that Morningside was fairing well, but she had to be truthful; the damages it costed, the missing members, she didn't know as no one informed her.

The smell of ashes and embers were often on the older members of the Pack, and overtime it seemed to seep into her own pelt. She was curious on the area... However she did not know where the fire had occured. There was also the call of her duties of guarding the borders that made Desdemona reluctant to leave. 

But at the same time she felt it was her duty to know of the tragic events that hit Morningside. Perhaps there was also hope that Aditya and Sunny could be there too... With heavy heart and reluctant steps, Desdemona sought out the burned plains. She hoped to find the right path, and let her nose lead the way.

She never seen such devastation before, the fires she ever saw were light and never burnt this far and this vast. The smoke burned her nose with each inhale, and paws felt warm by the hot spots. The gray soot clung to her dark hide in a siamese look, and she could only frown. Desdemona's jades glanced around the area, and caught the familiar pelt of another Morningsider, the Princess Alya. However there seemed to be an unknown wolf afar she did not recognize, and the smell of smoke was too much to tell who they were. Cautiously, the wolf stepped forward to bring herself beside the Ostrega, putting herself into a guard.
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
At this news, Alya let out a heavy breath and moved a bit closer. "We're in the maplewood just beyond the ravine," she replied, cautiously sniffing the other girl's pale pelage. She shot Desdemona a long-suffering glance as if to say, What would these wolves do without us? "How long have you been gone? The fire raged over a month ago, if I have my facts straight."
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Aliac heard the word fire and immediately thought of Sunny and the pack. "Around a month..." She was distraught as she looked over the plains. "Was anyone..." It pained her to say it. "...killed?"
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
When the dark wolf caught this was a Morningside member, her guard immediately dropped, but her demenour remained serious. Desdemona gave a glance toward the Princess and caught her gaze, but did not respond to it. Instead she looked at Aliac, and remained silent on her question. 

She honestly did not know if some wolves were currently missing. Desdemona thought it was best to be silent on questions she didn't know, then assume the situation. She wouldn't want to bring another wolf to wrong assumptions, as there are not well outcomes to false facts. So, she gave a jaden stare to the fellow Morningsider, awaiting for Alya to answer. She didn't know if the Ostrega knew either, however. 
574 Posts
Ooc — mixedhearts
Alya thought back to Aditya's words, mentally crossing off names and putting question marks beside others. "Shale," she replied after a moment. "Perhaps more. I've not been here long enough to learn everyone's name."

Speaking of - "I'm Alya Ostrega. This is Desdemona," she introduced. "Come - we can take you to the others."
276 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Fade here?
Aliac nodded, she was happy to see that the pack had aquired some new members, hopefully they were good hunters, God only knows they needed them especially with the young ones.
Delta
grind me down
495 Posts
Ooc — Cyprin
Guardian
Away
sounds good

Despite already being introduced, she still felt the need for a proper introduction, "I am Desdemona." Then gave a bow of the head. Slowly but surely, she was starting to part with the more formal bows, and simply giving 'normal' greetings. It was a step forward, but she didn't know whether it was a good step, or a bad step, as it felt unusual not to do so..

Desdemona looked at the direction she came from, ready to depart.