Blackbeak Bluff If you feel it, could you let me know?
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Private 

He found himself leaving the borders of Drageda often; it was the easiest way to avoid his mom. East had come here to try and work past his resentment for her, but he found it to be much harder than he had even predicted. Seeing her and smelling her everywhere tortured him with memories of his dad's final moments, as if he didn't already do that enough on his own. So, every night since arriving here, he had run from the borders, seeking solitude or a distraction, or if he was lucky, both. 

Tonight was no different. He glided along the edge of the cliffs west of his new home and watched as occasionally, his steps sent chipped pieces of rock tumbling down into the ocean. The warrior had come to enjoy the sound of the waves crashing into the rocks below. If he concentrated on the sound hard enough, it would drown out his thoughts enough to give him some temporary peace. With no real purpose, he continued his slow walk across the cliffs, only stopping periodically to lower his nose to the ground and pull in whatever scents were there, moving again when he found nothing of interest.
Common · Trigedasleng
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
She's lost again — it doesn't make any sense. After traveling so far inland and returning home fairly easily, she should be able to handle a short trip down the coast — but apparently not.
When she first comes to the cliff's edge, she thinks nothing of it; she's grown fairly used to the constant partial danger of falling to her death, provided she doesn't think on it too long. Unfortunately, that's exactly what she does next. She remembers the words of that awful man she'd met in Drageda and for a moment she imagines herself falling. It's enough to bring her quickly away from the edge, ears flattened. She wonders where he is now — if maybe he'd jumped.
It's a dark thought, so she pushes it away — just in time to hear the approach of another along the cliffs. She freezes, turning and catching sight of the stranger a moment later. The first thing she notes is the scent of Drageda on him; relieved and embarrassed in equal amounts, she moves closer to greet him — there's something familiar about him, but she can't quite place it, and she knows she hasn't seen him here before. Hi — I haven't seen you before. Did you arrive recently? Don't mention that you're lost, don't mention that you're lost, don'tI'm uh, definitely not lost. Oh god. I mean — um, I'm Branwen. Nice to meet you.
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He walked for a while lost in his thoughts before stopping and lowering his head once more to draw in air from the ground. This time he was met with the scent of a unfamiliar packmate. Almost simultaneously, he heard the female's approach, and his gaze flicked up as he lifted his head. He watched silently as the sandy stranger moved closer and started speaking. A small smile crossed his face at her non-admission, the expression feeling foreign; he had not had many reasons to smile lately. I've been here only a few days. I'm Eastwood, and it's nice to meet you too, he replied. If you're definitely not lost, then you probably don't need me to help you get home, right? he asked, the smile returning to his face along with a teasing raise of his eyebrow. They weren't that far from Drageda, so it would be no trouble to take her there, not that he'd mind if they weren't close; he had to go home at some point anyway. At least now he had something to take his mind off of his arduous thoughts.
Common · Trigedasleng
51 Posts
Ooc — xynien
so sorry for the wait on this!
Her ears flush with heat as she watches him smile, trying to focus on his introduction. Eastwood. Right. His next words draw a smile to her own face, albeit slightly a sardonic one. And have you tell the whole pack I've been cheating on our cliff with her neighbor? Absolutely not, She glances back out toward the ocean, trying to ignore the slight queasiness that comes with the sight, then continues, tone still teasing. I can't let you leave now that you've seen, you know. Too risky.
193 Posts
Ooc — Hela
You're fine! :)

His smile grew a little with her teasing, and he emitted a low chuckle. My lips are sealed. Promise. he replied with faux sincerity. He raised an eyebrow at her next words. How exactly do you plan to do that? he asked, the playful challenge apparent in his tone. He looked down the cliffs at the water crashing on the rocks below before resting his bronze gaze back on her face. I suppose you could push me to my death, but then how would you get home? the warrior pointed out, a hint of his earlier smile peaking through his pretend serious expression.
Common · Trigedasleng